NY Post cover today | Syracusefan.com

NY Post cover today

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
front032813.jpg

OE probably got it already but here's the story:
Orange confident it can knock off No. 1 Indiana

How many times has SU made either covet of a NYC paper? I don't think very many!
They made it with classic "Six in the City" and "Best Six Ever" headlines after the 6OT game.

Is there any doubt which college team is New York City's college team?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

???...oh wait, not in the Tourney...

Rutgirls???...oh wait, not in the Tourney...

St Johns???...oh wait, not in the Tourney...

Georgetown???...oh wait, not in the Sweet Sixteen, lost in the first (second) round...and they still SUCK!!

Hmmm...then I wonder who could it be!?!?!

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

GMac owned the back covers of both the Post and the News in 2006.
last white guy hooper to make the cover of that many newspapers in a week was some kid named Mullin.

4 straight days on the back of the Post.

Rutgers is on the cover of those free crappy newspapers they hand out by subway stations. Headline: "Rice Puffs"

Saw it first thing this morning and thought...that's a good omen. LGO!!

They made it with classic "Six in the City" and "Best Six Ever" headlines after the 6OT game.
Actually sitting right over my desk is "Joy of 6" Daily News cover signed by Jonny Flynn. Oh wait. Cover of sports section. But still...

Pretty sure its Indiana... Or so says a guy who lived there for a year after graduation.

Okay - on this topic I can claim 'expert status'

Grew up in Manhattan, graduated from Syracuse, moved back to Manhattan after graduating and lived here for 10 more years before moving to the 'burbs. I still commute into Manhattan every day.

While there are small to medium sized contingents of pretty much every school that plays big-time D1 sports and each one of those can claim to have their 'own' watering holes around the City, the Syracuse contingent is DOMINANT. There are many bars that claim to be Syracuse bars. And even in the Michigan State or the Duke bars you will find SU fans (Hell, there's even a bar named 'Duke's' that's owned by a Syracuse grad and is a Syracuse bar!).

For an IU guy to say that Hoosier alums rival Syracuse alums in terms of numbers, simply isn't true. My nephew is a recent IU grad living in the City and he has found the one IU bar in his neighborhood. Safe to assume that its probably the only one because it isn't anything fancy and he's seen Mark Cuban in there watching IU games a few times. If there were more or better Hoosier hangouts, I'm guessing that's where Cuban would go.

Hey NYC is the center of the universe and there's everything for everybody - even the Big Ten - but when it comes to watching college hoops, Syracuse rules the Apple.

I'm more concerned about the DC (and no, not Coleman) contingent of fans at the moment. I know there are quite a few down there. Let's hope they show up tonight and see a much better performance than the last time SU played in the Verizon Center. Let's Go Orange. Hoyas suck.

What a great cover. Hooray for the return of Game of Thrones!

Oh wait, Syracuse is on there too. I guess that's a good thing as well.

Rutgers is on the cover of those free crappy newspapers they hand out by subway stations. Headline: "Rice Puffs"

Street Sense? The one the homeless sell?

Funny, not a thing about this on Redmen.com...where the absurd meets the delusional.:crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom