NY Post Rightly Hammers SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NY Post Rightly Hammers SU

Mushnick's right. And he's been right about lots of stuff.

Proof? People try to discredit Mushnick rather than discredit what he writes. He was right on steroids, he's right about the hazards of playing football. Latest example right here:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20140929/Belcher-Brain.Injury/

Meaning, a lot of people with lots of money on the line have a strong incentive to discredit the guy.

If Nike is the puppeteer and we're merely one of its puppets, then who are we exactly?

Not Syracuse. At least, not Syracuse up until now.

They were ok but the recruits and the players love them!

We also got picked by another award for having the best UNI swag this week, so...

BTW came over her to get away from football Uni talk...

TheCusian said:
We also got picked by another award for having the best UNI swag this week, so... BTW came over her to get away from football Uni talk...

Not the point at all.

JarHeadJim said:
They were ok but the recruits and the players love them!

Anybody show them the orange helmet, white jersey and orange pants and ask them if they loved those too?

I'm betting they would.

44.jim_.brown_.jpg

Now here's an chromatically correct Uni. Why not trot the team out in something like this?

I'm curious to know the age breakdown of likes vs dislikes. I'm 41 now and often find myself complaining how they don't make things like they used to. I said it in another post that its probably just a generational thing like music, movies and Fashion and I'm sure the fans 40 and up were complaining about something similar back when we changed our look from the 70's to 80's.
it's pretty crazy how many uniform posts we have had in the past few days.

Shermthegeneral said:
I'm curious to know the age breakdown of likes vs dislikes. I'm 41 now and often find myself complaining how they don't make things like they used to. I said it in another post that its probably just a generational thing like music, movies and Fashion and I'm sure the fans 40 and up were complaining about something similar back when we changed our look from the 70's to 80's. it's pretty crazy how many uniform posts we have had in the past few days.

I'm 50 plus and loved the grey unis and Orange helmets.

Guess I'm an outlier.

cuseguy said:
I'm 50 plus and loved the grey unis and Orange helmets. Guess I'm an outlier.

You're a rebel.

="Shermthegeneralit's pretty crazy how many uniform posts we have had in the past few days.

Like the number of negative comments and articles by non SU fans, your above words should tell you something.

Except he's not the only article or comments we have seen.

Can you link the other articles?
I haven't been paying attention and I'm just curious who else has said what

djcon57 said:
Can you link the other articles? I haven't been paying attention and I'm just curious who else has said what

No. Not gonna go search them. Some wee also tweets.

rrlbees said:
Not the point at all.

This response makes no sense. But don't worry about it, I don't care.

TheCusian said:
This response makes no sense. But don't worry about it, I don't care.

I'm talking about the amount of negativity by others and you toss out something that was a positive. Never said nobody likes them. Just that the amount of negativity is off the charts, thus yes, it impacts the perception.

Simple stuff.

I will take grey over those awful blue basketball uniforms that cause our team to lose every time we wear them.

Those uniforms looked like old dirty warm up sweats. The Post was right on.

Uniforms should not be gimmicks. They are part of our brand and you can't have a brand with umpty ump color changes, especially when your official name and color is ORANGE.

We are becoming an object of ridicule and I don't like it one bit. This as bound to happen.

Shafer - when in command - command.
And if you are to have a brand you should be easily, if not instantly, recognizable. There are so many schools I can recognize quickly when flipping through channels on a saturday. If I wasn't a SU fan, I'd have no clue who was playing by looking at our uniforms.

I'm damn near 23 and hated the all blues and I accept the white and grey uniforms. I thought they were fine when Marrrone was here.