Obligatory why was JB so mad at Howard thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Obligatory why was JB so mad at Howard thread

Any one here ever watched the movie Hoosiers? Four passes before you shoot the ball. Got it. Ok. Kid dribbles up the court, takes the shot, nothing but net. Two points. Coaches response. Sit your arse down on the bench for the rest of the game!

Apparently JB thinks Howard can help the team, if he only plays defense and passes. I'm gonna go with the person who's been watching Howard in practice over the people who haven't.

I think the shot was fine. The guy who shouldve gotten torn into is lydon for passing up the open 3.

He's never going to be able to get to the rim because teams will play off him knowing he isn't allowed to shoot.

Like NBA teams do with Rajon Rondo. In the 2010 Finals Kobe played 10 feet off Rondo

Franklin does a lot of good things. He's not a shooter (right now). He doesn't need to be. Why is that such a travesty?

a 10 foot floater doesnt really require a "shooter"

I think the shot was fine. The guy who shouldve gotten torn into is lydon for passing up the open 3.

I cant explain it, but I'm starting to hate Lydon passing up open 3's a little less. He is hitting them when we need.

Boeheim joked that he would stay in the game more if he didn’t take so many bad 10-foot floaters. Howard’s 1-of-14 shooting clip in conference games is an indication of why he thinks that. But he did praise the freshman that has wrestled away the backup point guard spot from Kaleb Joseph. And Boeheim praise is tough to come by.

“It’s aways good when you can get a compliment from him,” Howard said. “I’m happy I made him proud.”

http://dailyorange.com/2016/01/fran...-in-syracuses-60-47-win-against-georgia-tech/

Frank is going to be a stud before its all said and done. THink of it this way, he is getting the meaningful minutes that MCW never got. MCW got some run against the crappy part of schedule that Frank didnt get because that team was so much better than this team and would blow the opponents out. But meaningful minutes like yesterday are going to be a huge help for Frank over the next few years.

Here's a thought: we have 4 pages arguing about what JB said to FH and why, but we still don't really know what was said. Maybe it wasn't so much about the shot but in what was done/not done in the lead-up to it. Somebody here made the observation that it was a notably dead offensive series, everyone standing flatfooted. When that happens (in my experience, anyway) it's usually because something that was supposed to happen didn't, and no one really knew what to do next. :noidea:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom