Obokoh- yikes!!!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Obokoh- yikes!!!!

One thing so note, especially if you were watching on OAA is that the walk on, #34 ( am not going to attempt his name) was often Rak's victim, and I was confusing him and Obokoh all scrimmage.

One thing so note, especially if you were watching on OAA is that the walk on, #34 ( am not going to attempt his name) was often Rak's victim, and I was confusing him and Obokoh all scrimmage.

hmmm I didn't notice that but either way not many centers are going to be able to guard Rak 25' from the basket with no help behind them if he is going to drive the ball that aggressively. Its always been his size/speed and athletic ability that is so intriguing. Not many guys his size with his physical attributes and most of them are in the league.

hmmm I didn't notice that but either way not many centers are going to be able to guard Rak 25' from the basket with no help behind them if he is going to drive the ball that aggressively. Its always been his size/speed and athletic ability that is so intriguing. Not many guys his size with his physical attributes and most of them are in the league.
exactly, either way, it is a 4th year McD AA with experience against Big East and ACC bigs vs. a raw kid from Africa with zero college game experience.

I think it is way too early to criticize Obokoh. I wasn't there so maybe there was a lot I missed on TV. Let's see him in the rotation for a few games before we have a better handle on his potential contributions. Also, he was not recruited as a dominant immediate impact kind of recruit. He was not that highly ranked and I see him as more of a program guy like Keita. I think and am hoping he will have a bigger upside than Keita. Doesn't have Keita length but is a physical kid who should become a better overall rebounder. We'll see. On the offensive end I saw him in high school and he was not as skilled a player as Bryant and I would put him in the "project" category. But he did have a decent mid range jumper but I did not see any consistent post up skills.

I just asked Mike Waters on twitter and he said no redshirt yet and he would have appeal to the NCAA to get year back he lost

Hop says that Chino has been hurt the first few weeks of practice with some sort of leg injury. Could explain his play in the scrimmage and the reason he played for less than half of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom