Obviously, he didn't retire. | Syracusefan.com

Obviously, he didn't retire.

The right thing would've been making this determination before the season, or at least BEFORE THIS GAME. Very clumsy in my opinion, and yes, disrespectful
It was disrespectful of Boeheim to do what he did to the program the last couple years, not the least of which was that presser today. He's always been disrespectful to a lot of people on the hill, so no shock here.

The right thing would've been making this determination before the season, or at least BEFORE THIS GAME. Very clumsy in my opinion, and yes, disrespectful

I agree . University should do better for a legend. Shitty ending. Some of this isJimmy’s doing. However, if you truly fired boeheim that is the absolute wrong thing to do. It had to end soon but if the trade off was one more year and having things end on good terms, I think that would have been the path.

JB is a powerful ally, seems that bridge may have been burned. the real question is: if AA flops next year does JW survive?

JB is a powerful ally, seems that bridge may have been burned. the real question is: if AA flops next year does JW survive?

F155AF95-0D91-42E0-9B94-BEABAE23AD99.gif

I agree . University should do better for a legend. Shitty ending. Some of this isJimmy’s doing. However, if you truly fired boeheim that is the absolute wrong thing to do. It had to end soon but if the trade off was one more year and having things end on good terms, I think that would have been the path.
One more season could have been a disaster to the program. Kids would have left and with no recruits and questionable portal help, we could have been just awful next year. Things end badly because they end. this was never going to be a happy ending. Sad. But it just wasn't.

I’m at least a little confused why it was handled this way. A “non-retirement retirement” statement from JB at the postgame presser followed by a statement an hour later that does not mention the word retirement once. It feels as though something really went sour and the University finally said “we’re done with this.”

I’m sure Jim was given the opportunity to announce he was retiring in the postgame press conference and they told him they’d be releasing a statement shortly thereafter. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the University had two press releases ready to go. One where he announced his retirement and then the one they released.

If that’s not how it went down, then why not have a press conference the following day back on campus where Jim announces he’s officially retiring?

I’m at least a little confused why it was handled this way. A “non-retirement retirement” statement from JB at the postgame presser followed by a statement an hour later that does not mention the word retirement once. It feels as though something really went sour and the University finally said “we’re done with this.”

I’m sure Jim was given the opportunity to announce he was retiring in the postgame press conference and they told him they’d be releasing a statement shortly thereafter. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the University had two press releases ready to go. One where he announced his retirement and then the one they released.

If that’s not how it went down, then why not have a press conference the following day back on campus where Jim announces he’s officially retiring?
Exactly

The move was decided a long time ago.

Jim forced the university’s hand to announce tonight after his presser pinning it on the university. Was clumsy, ungraceful and unnecessary if im being honest. I bet the school wanted to give it a day or so or at least get Jim to officially endorse Red publicly.

He’s clearly bitter and hasnt come to terms with things.

Oh well

The move was decided a long time ago.

Jim forced the university’s hand to announce tonight after his presser pinning it on the university. Was clumsy, ungraceful and unnecessary if im being honest. I bet the school wanted to give it a day or so or at least get Jim to officially endorse Red publicly.

He’s clearly bitter and hasnt come to terms with things.

Oh well
If you can't come to grips with the fact that it is time, then someone has to help you.

This is the type of thinking that lead us to this point.

My freshmen year at SU was fall of 1979 so JB has been the face of the team my entire adult life. Sad to see it ended this way, feels weird, I hope JB will come around to embrace the retirement and endorse Red soon.

Red has a tough job ahead, not only to retain the players he wants, pound the portal hard, recruit recruit recruit and work out new schemes as we move forward.

So does Red get to move into Jim's office or Jim keeps that office?

Last edited:

Thats a good point

...good post. I see it the same way. JB forced the issue, which should not surprise many, and that is why SU had the statement prepared regarding hiring Red.

Because JB says stuff and the AD and admin likely had a shoe-drop plan to issue the release if he started shoveling crap about his retirement, which is exactly what he did today.

JB has no one to blame but himself for how it went down.

It could also be argued he'd been given way too much deference to this point by the AD and admin... Many have argued that ad nauseum.

That's probably right.
And that may explain why Autry's deal apparently wasn't completed until today.

He’s proud and stubborn, which were traits that lead to success. Those same traits can prevent rational thinking. He’s human and this is craft.

It’s wincing, but I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom