Offense has lots of issues but | Syracusefan.com

Offense has lots of issues but

orangedon44

Walk On
If we allow 5+ yds on every WR screen does it reall matter? I love the aggressive D schemes but don't understand how this play is consistently so wide open. Why blitz if the other team knows the WR screen will be open 90% of the time?

I understand if you play press coverage that you are going to get beat over the top once in a while. But at least the other team has to execute rather than just turning and rifling it to the WR before the blitz gets anywhere near the QB. Even with all the other issues, the DB's are far and away the biggest dissapointment to me.

Maybe I'm going crazy or just loopy here but it seemed like NW had 2 blockers on their screens/bubble and we had one.

It was stealing candy from a baby.

All night.

They have been stealing candy from that same baby for the last 3-4 years.

Maybe I'm going crazy or just loopy here but it seemed like NW had 2 blockers on their screens/bubble and we had one.
Maybe, but it really was irrelevant. They caught the ball 5-7 yards down field every time...wide open. Even if they were tackled immediately, it was free candy. Our guys were catching the same pass closer to the line and then being hit immediately. Only when we made the first, or first two guys miss did we get a decent gain.

[te="007, post: 739001, member: 393"]They have been stealing candy from that same baby for the last 3-4 years.[/quote]

That's an overstatement I think.

Last night was the worst I have seen since Robinson.

I bet the stars bear me out.

Maybe, but it really was irrelevant. They caught the ball 5-7 yards down field every time...wide open. Even if they were tackled immediately, it was free candy. Our guys were catching the same pass closer to the line and then being hit immediately. Only when we made the first, or first two guys miss did we get a decent gain.

Well that's kind of my point though, you have one blocker and two defenders or 2 blockers and 2 defenders...I'd prefer the later. Ours looked forced theirs looked smooth.

Well that's kind of my point though, you have one blocker and two defenders or 2 blockers and 2 defenders...I'd prefer the later. Ours looked forced theirs looked smooth.
I'd prefer to actually have one of our defenders close to the receiver when he catches the ball.

I'd prefer to actually have one of our defenders close to the receiver when he catches the ball.

As would I but look at it like this. No pressure from the front 4. The qb can handoff, pass or run very well. There are only so many things you can do and let's face it this NW# can execute very well offensively as they have had the same system for years now. This is what I'm hoping we will have with SS...a system that will be in place and a team that knows what they are doing front and back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom