Official BG Game Thread!! | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Official BG Game Thread!!

But I also understand that there's much more to being the HC than just having a fun offense.
Screw that. We're coming off of two historically bad seasons, there's no buzz, nobody goes to the games, we don't show well on TV, and nobody is having fun.

Let's not get cute. Just get some friggin' fun in the Dome.

A letdown because a fan(s) hope for a certain coach is one thing, calling it a massive fail is something different. I think Colye, Little and Syverud know a bit more than we do. But just to be sure, I too think it would be fun to have Babars offense here. But I also understand that there's much more to being the HC than just having a fun offense. Personally I've always felt the CEO type HC's were better overall.

But I think having a fun offense and getting the casual fan back to the dome should be top priority because of that I think the fun offense type is better than having a CEO type this time around. That is why I think it is a big time fail if they can't close Babers or at worst Montgomery. We need the casual fan to come back. We need excitement back. We need all that more than a CEO this time around. Any other time I agree I think CEO type might be the best way to go but not at this point in time in our program. We need a change in the way we have done things. We need excitement. We need to score tons of points and bring the fans back.

that would be a quick interview as the flight departs back to detroit at 1245, after landing at 10

and that plane model typically seats around 50, a little excessive to fly 1 person in. possible, but i'm not so sure

and one more thing, that plane is flying almost the exact same schedule to burlington vermont the next day

Last edited:
th

A letdown because a fan(s) hope for a certain coach is one thing, calling it a massive fail is something different. I think Colye, Little and Syverud know a bit more than we do. But just to be sure, I too think it would be fun to have Babars offense here. But I also understand that there's much more to being the HC than just having a fun offense. Personally I've always felt the CEO type HC's were better overall.

Im not trying to put words in your mouth but is babers not the ceo type? I find that hard to believe seeing as hes a proven winner. Does he call his own plays on offense?

I also think we won't hear anything official until Monday. Babers wants to enjoy this one first and it would be strange to have a formal announcement on a weekend.
Correct. Any annoucnement on Saturday would be buried with the big college games and you don't want to make an announcement on an NFL Sunday. I expect Monday morning/afternoon is when we hear something

Stern said:
Correct. Any annoucnement on Saturday would be buried with the big college games and you don't want to make an announcement on an NFL Sunday. I expect Monday morning/afternoon is when we hear something

Virginia announced Friday evening and it doesn't hurt them. Today is the day everyone in the country who cares about sports is watching college football.

And honestly who cares if it gets buried. College football people will know. And more important, he can start getting a staff together and start recruiting.

Virginia announced Friday evening and it doesn't hurt them. Today is the day everyone in the country who cares about sports is watching college football.

And honestly who cares if it gets buried. College football people will know. And more important, he can start getting a staff together and start recruiting.
I know, and that's weird what UVA did and the exception not the norm. I'm not saying they can't announce it on a Saturday or Sunday, just saying its odd and you don't see it that often. I hope it does happen and this is over with, I just don't expect it

that would be a quick interview as the flight departs back to detroit at 1245, after landing at 10

and that plane model typically seats around 50, a little excessive to fly 1 person in. possible, but i'm not so sure

and one more thing, that plane is flying almost the exact same schedule to burlington vermont the next day
It's a delta flight, actually delta connection flight. It runs everyday

Don't read too much into this. That's a regularly scheduled Delta shuttle run, not a charter. Endeavor Air is a regional partner for Delta. So unless Babers is flying commercial into Syracuse, he won't be on this plane.
Sorry, should have read ALL the posts before commenting. You have it correct

This is the one criteria about Babers that makes me take pause about this hiring process. The latter of your description seems exactly what would fit Mark Coyle and Kent Syverud's vision. Dino, although incredibly entertaining on the field and very well spoken off, I've heard runs a somewhat loose program. That seems like a big criteria no no from the outside looking in.

Why would he be flying out of Detroit, and not Toledo?
Depends on when the team flight out of Detroit would be. If time was of the essence you'd think he'd leave right from Detroit.

Depends on when the team flight out of Detroit would be. If time was of the essence you'd think he'd leave right from Detroit.

Why was I thinking they were playing at Indy's field?

In any case, not flying home with the team would be in bad taste and really get the speculation going, don't you think?

This is the one criteria about Babers that makes me take pause about this hiring process. The latter of your description seems exactly what would fit Mark Coyle and Kent Syverud's vision. Dino, although incredibly entertaining on the field and very well spoken off, I've heard runs a somewhat loose program. That seems like a big criteria no no from the outside looking in.
I haven't heard that Actually, I have heard the opposite in that he is a tough guy - quiet but tough. His players respect him, but don't love hi like Shafer's guys do. He get's move of the"I hated him at first but then I came to respect him - he made me a man" type of comment from former players.

Why was I thinking they were playing at Indy's field?

In any case, not flying home with the team would be in bad taste and really get the speculation going, don't you think?
I don't like it for the sake of the BG kids, but, certainly not unheard of.

I haven't heard that Actually, I have heard the opposite in that he is a tough guy - quiet but tough. His players respect him, but don't love hi like Shafer's guys do. He get's move of the"I hated him at first but then I came to respect him - he made me a man" type of comment from former players.
I hope so Crusty, I really do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom