Official BG Game Thread!! | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Official BG Game Thread!!

I don't like it for the sake of the BG kids, but, certainly not unheard of.
How do we know that Coyle and Kent are not going to Toledo? Edit I mean BG.

Why was I thinking they were playing at Indy's field?

In any case, not flying home with the team would be in bad taste and really get the speculation going, don't you think?
Last night was Ford field in detriot

How do we know that Coyle and Kent are not going to Toledo? Edit I mean BG.
I don't think anybody knows anything, I was answering a hypothetical.

I hope so Crusty, I really do.
I have spent more time checking on Babers than anything in the last couple of years and outside of taking a risk on one kid that I probably wouldn't have, there is not a lot there. He takes transfer willingly, but that is SOP at places Eastern Illinois and BG.

Babers would be the highest profile hire in Syracuse football history. There is little rish to this decision IMO. If he was younger, with a couple more years at BG, I don't think he would be available to us.

I don't think anybody knows anything, I was answering a hypothetical.
If Babers is having more than ne interview, he might have asked all to do it in BG.

If Babers is having more than ne interview, he might have asked all to do it in BG.
Could, but, if it's as far along as everybody says, I'd be shocked if he didn't come to campus.

Could, but, if it's as far along as everybody says, I'd be shocked if he didn't come to campus.
Probably, but I refuse to think it will happen that quickly because I don't want to jinx it. :D

Personally I've always felt the CEO type HC's were better overall.
This is the one criteria about Babers that makes me take pause about this hiring process.

Dino, although incredibly entertaining on the field and very well spoken off, I've heard runs a somewhat loose program.
Wow.

Stern said:
I know, and that's weird what UVA did and the exception not the norm. I'm not saying they can't announce it on a Saturday or Sunday, just saying its odd and you don't see it that often. I hope it does happen and this is over with, I just don't expect it

I get what you're saying, I just don't think conventional PR strategies necessarily apply to college football. And sadly, not sure we move the meter all that much anyway when it comes to football.

I get what you're saying, I just don't think conventional PR strategies necessarily apply to college football. And sadly, not sure we move the meter all that much anyway when it comes to football.

I think you're right. I've seen coaching announcements every day of the week, any time of the day. And what will most likely happen is word will get leaked out to one of the national guys first (Wolken, Thamel, McMurphy, or Feldman) and we'll see a "Sources say" tweet before any official word by the University. I'm banking on that very tweet either later tonight or tomorrow.

Otherwise, I can't take much more of this waiting game. I can barely focus on Cuse v Gtown today for god sakes.

And when I say that, I don't mean I have doubts about Dino, I just wonder it it may affect our administration's thought process.
We will get a HC coach who is meant to be here, that being said I hope we don't over think this. Just pay the man his money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$&$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

anomander said:
Am slightly concerned that Coyle is still set to interview someone. Tells you this is far from a slam dunk. But otherwise. 2016- 8 wins and a bowl 2017- ACC Title 2018- Champions of the world

I think if Coyle is any good at his job then he's lining up as many interviews as possible. You can always cancel them.

One of the bigger mistakes I ever made was cancelling interviews when I thought I had the person locked up. Sent the offer letter, crickets. Ended up staying with the same company. I was back at square one. If Coyle does that and THEN starts reaching out to Brohm or Montgomery or whoever else will talk to him it's going to look bad.

He needs to make it look like he's interested in them now. If they lock up Dino, cancel the others. If they lose Dino, it's all up to what rumors people want to believe as to why it didn't happen or if he was even offered in the first place.

I think if Coyle is any good at his job then he's lining up as many interviews as possible. You can always cancel them.

One of the bigger mistakes I ever made was cancelling interviews when I thought I had the person locked up. Sent the offer letter, crickets. Ended up staying with the same company. I was back at square one. If Coyle does that and THEN starts reaching out to Brohm or Montgomery or whoever else will talk to him it's going to look bad.

He needs to make it look like he's interested in them now. If they lock up Dino, cancel the others. If they lose Dino, it's all up to what rumors people want to believe as to why it didn't happen or if he was even offered in the first place.
The question however, is who has interest in us?

Cuse has a ton to offer...one of the few bigger jobs left
Tradition laden
ACC
National Brand in Hoops but faded in FB (can be recovered quickly)
New Stadium or Renovation hopefully complete by 2018 season kickoff
Perfect playing conditions
Great academic school but admission standards a step down from the true academic elite schools
You get the team to 6 wins the 3rd season you should be safe for an extension
You will be the new ADs guy...should be good for a mulligan if you are sitting at 4-5 wins the 3rd season

Cuse has a ton to offer...one of the few bigger jobs left
Tradition laden
ACC
National Brand in Hoops but faded in FB (can be recovered quickly)
New Stadium or Renovation hopefully complete by 2018 season kickoff
Perfect playing conditions
Great academic school but admission standards a step down from the true academic elite schools
You get the team to 6 wins the 3rd season you should be safe for an extension
You will be the new ADs guy...should be good for a mulligan if you are sitting at 4-5 wins the 3rd season
Sure, but who has an interest? Lot's of competition out there and we are not everybody's cup of tea for a variety of reasons some personal and some professional. I simply think Babers is the perfect fit for both parties and he is interested. Don't see any other obvious candidates.

If we can't land a MAC HC who's making 500k with very few (none now really) choices, we really should just shut it down.

Quadrupleing his pay, playing in the ACC in a controlled environment with that offense. If Coyle can't sell that, then he's not much of a salesman.

If we can't land a MAC HC who's making 500k with very few (none now really) choices, we really should just shut it down.

Quadrupleing his pay, playing in the ACC in a controlled environment with that offense. If Coyle can't sell that, then he's not much of a salesman.

Agreed but emotions run high right now for a coach like Babers...he doesn't appear to be cool and calculating like Marrone. We'll see...I hope we have Brohm lined up as a backup.

Agreed but emotions run high right now for a coach like Babers...he doesn't appear to be cool and calculating like Marrone. We'll see...I hope we have Brohm lined up as a backup.
Didn't realize Brohm was a potential candidate.

Yes, but we don't know what we don't know. If Rich Rod went to USC Jr. Arizona might go after Dino. Lot's of stuff could happen yet. Which is why Coyle needs to move quickly and hard.

Didn't realize Brohm was a potential candidate.
Wishful thinking on my part...I think his offense would play well here. His only downside it he could bolt to Louisville when Louisville needs a new coach.

Finwad32 said:
This is the one criteria about Babers that makes me take pause about this hiring process. The latter of your description seems exactly what would fit Mark Coyle and Kent Syverud's vision. Dino, although incredibly entertaining on the field and very well spoken off, I've heard runs a somewhat loose program. That seems like a big criteria no no from the outside looking in.

I wasn't going to post this unless we didn't get Babers. But about a week ago I was googling him to find out more about him besides stats. Just looking for articles and interviews. I stumbled upon the article below. Is it a show stopper? No. But I'm sure it warrants some discussion.

http://www.sent-trib.com/opinion/ed...cle_08d9c236-35f4-11e5-a852-8bffee0fd95f.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom