Spoiler Alert - Official Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Spoiler Alert Official Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Thread

Fun movie. Why though did they send just Chewbacca, Rey and R2D2 alone to get Luke? Like, wouldn't you want a bigger group? In a more reliable ship? One that hadn't been previously acknowledged to be trackable by The First Order?
Because Leia knows this is family business. Chewie is Rey's new partner in crime and by default her new "brother." And Luke is Dad. And R2 is like the family dog.

Great movie. There is a history of the Rebels doing dumb things with flying the Falcon to secret bases like in IV...why not stop off somewhere else and switch ships then go to Yavin.

But that's part of the fun I guess.

We seem to be in the same age range and those dips-hits are just colossal losers. I had some of those in the theatre with me too.
I was more focused on yelling at the toddler next to me for being scared...
Until i realized he was scared of me because of my kylo ren mask

I thought I would hate seeing it in a theater with more 10-and unders than I expected, but it was actually cool. They all got quiet when the movie started and then were laughing hysterically when BB-8 did the 'thumbs-up", when Chewie made his looks, etc. That was me in 1977, and that's what Star Wars is all about.

Fun movie. Why though did they send just Chewbacca, Rey and R2D2 alone to get Luke? Like, wouldn't you want a bigger group? In a more reliable ship? One that hadn't been previously acknowledged to be trackable by The First Order?

Dude, I'm sure they swept the ship for trackers before they left. Besides, where were the First Order ships going to come from? Their base imploded and the rest were scattered. The Rebels aren't stupid.

BTW, Admiral Akbar is clearly OCD. He's still worried about penetrating shields even after the second Death Star was destroyed. The guy needs to have more faith. ;)

Great movie. There is a history of the Rebels doing dumb things with flying the Falcon to secret bases like in IV...why not stop off somewhere else and switch ships then go to Yavin.

But that's part of the fun I guess.

Everything was happening too fast, I suspect, for them to be worried about finding and disabling a tracker. At that point they needed help, and it was a race against time.

...Han's death just didn't impact me at all.

I admit that even though that I saw it coming, I lost sleep over it last night. The last time I saw Han Solo in Return of the Jedi he was living happily ever after. Seeing such an iconic character die was tough to watch.

I admit that even though that I saw it coming, I lost sleep over it last night. The last time I saw Han Solo in Return of the Jedi he was living happily ever after. Seeing such an iconic character die was tough to watch.

And feeling Chewie's gut wrenching anguish watching it happen. Ren should have known not to piss off a Wookie.

Dude, I'm sure they swept the ship for trackers before they left. Besides, where were the First Order ships going to come from? Their base imploded and the rest were scattered. The Rebels aren't stupid.

BTW, Admiral Akbar is clearly OCD. He's still worried about penetrating shields even after the second Death Star was destroyed. The guy needs to have more faith. ;)
If blowing up the planet weapon is so damaging to the First Order, why was it so important for the Resistance to find Luke?

If blowing up the planet weapon is so damaging to the First Order, why was it so important for the Resistance to find Luke?

Because he's the only one that can stop Snoke and Ren. Rey is powerful, but she isn't a trained Jedi. The Resistance obviously knows more about Snoke, and the remnants of the Empire, than we do. And Snoke is clearly fearful of Luke with the Resistance behind him. They wanted to pick him off while he was alone and undefended. I think Snoke wanted to try and turn Luke (best case), or kill him if that didn't work. He knew Ren was no match for Luke, so sending him in would be suicidal, but Snoke doesn't care. Also, it seemed like Ren is still that boy looking for the approval of his father, and because he is out to prove himself worthy to Snoke, he wanted to be the one to find and kill Luke to gain favor. But being naive as he is, he would have been crushed in a direct confrontation with Luke. Rey was able to take him down pretty handily by natural ability alone. No, there is something sinister about Snoke, and Luke is the only defense the Resistance has. He is the only Jedi Master left in the galaxy. If he's gone, there will be no good Jedi to counter the Dark Side.

This story was just a teaser. Episode VIII will be much deeper into the critical role of the Force in this arc.

And I Also have to say, Daisey Ridley is not only gorgeous...man that girl has some acting chops.

Also...what was the deal with Max Von Sydow's character? Who was he supposed to be?

Ridley looks and sounds so much like Keira Knightly to me.

Last edited:
I thought I would hate seeing it in a theater with more 10-and unders than I expected, but it was actually cool. They all got quiet when the movie started and then were laughing hysterically when BB-8 did the 'thumbs-up", when Chewie made his looks, etc. That was me in 1977, and that's what Star Wars is all about.

Exactly. I spent as much time watching my 11 year olds reaction as I did the film. Regardless of how many grown fan boys are out there these movies are made for the kids, imo. JJ wanted to give them the same wonder he got when he saw it for the first time as a kid.

Luke is the Mockingjay ;)
8853520.jpg

stayed away from all spoilers, just found time to watch and it was great how it brought back the feel of the first movie.. i knew luke didnt show much in the movie and as it went on was thinking how well solo was playing his role and what it would be like in the next movie and then bam... it was liked 77 all over just bigger and more over the top.. glad they found a way to get the originals back into it. the new girl was great to watch and acted well too...loved finn and poe and the new droid,

really well done, glad its killing the box office and hopefully removes all evidence of Avatar from the box office books, at least Titanic had some decent story and wasnt just a 3d coloring book on the screen.

now the wait starts again for part 8 and cant wait..

After Viewing #3...this movie gets better and better. The faults seem less important and the strengths continue to get even stronger.

I'm starting to be convinced what makes this movie so good, and what differentiates it from the prequels (which I still enjoyed to a lesser extent), is the incredible casting and acting. Hayden Christensen and Daisy Ridley were both unknowns when they were cast. One was a swing and a miss, the other is a future star.

After Viewing #3...this movie gets better and better. The faults seem less important and the strengths continue to get even stronger.

I'm starting to be convinced what makes this movie so good, and what differentiates it from the prequels (which I still enjoyed to a lesser extent), is the incredible casting and acting. Hayden Christensen and Daisy Ridley were both unknowns when they were cast. One was a swing and a miss, the other is a future star.

I see your post is #66. Jedi killer!!!! ;)

I agree. The movie does get better each time. I loved it the second time because I wasn't busy trying to follow the story. It gives you a chance to enjoy the subtleties.

I see your post is #66. Jedi killer!!!! ;)

I agree. The movie does get better each time. I loved it the second time because I wasn't busy trying to follow the story. It gives you a chance to enjoy the subtleties.
If I die, I want to be beheaded by a back flipping yoda.

Something I missed the first time that I'm reading about...

In the dream sequence when she's touching Luke's lightsaber, you hear obi wans voice. Apparently they took Alec Guinness saying "afraid" and chopped it down to "Rey", and had Ewen McGregor come in to record one line for that part. So one of the theories is that she is Old Ben's descendant.

While I seem to lean toward Luke being the father, that does seem like a logical theory?

What says yous guys?

Jedi padawans aree taken at such a young age prior to Order 66 that they never meet their families. I can't see Rey being a relative of Obi-Wan as best she would be a grand-niece.

Rumor I heard she that would be freaky is she could be related to Papeltine. I don't think this one is true either. I think she is going to be Luke or Leia's and leaning strongly to Luke.

Something I missed the first time that I'm reading about...

In the dream sequence when she's touching Luke's lightsaber, you hear obi wans voice. Apparently they took Alec Guinness saying "afraid" and chopped it down to "Rey", and had Ewen McGregor come in to record one line for that part. So one of the theories is that she is Old Ben's descendant.

While I seem to lean toward Luke being the father, that does seem like a logical theory?

What says yous guys?

I'd say zero chance of her being Obi Wan's kid since he died over 30 years ago in this timeline and she's clearly I her early 20's at most. No doubt in my mind she's Luke's daughter.

Ragman2000 said:
I'd say zero chance of her being Obi Wan's kid since he died over 30 years ago in this timeline and she's clearly I her early 20's at most. No doubt in my mind she's Luke's daughter.
I don't necessarily disagree but I obviously would've been thinking grandchild.

Ragman2000 said:

Daisy was given a MUCH better script to work with. Natalie Portman is an incredible actress and she was awful in her trilogy.

Daisy was given a MUCH better script to work with. Natalie Portman is an incredible actress and she was awful in her trilogy.

And how could you possibly act across from a stone-faced, angry all the time Hayden Christensen? That was very poor directing on Lucas' part. He wrote dry dialogue and never sold the "love story".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom