Official USMNT Exuberance Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Official USMNT Exuberance Thread

ICYMI: John Brooks Goal - The United States Wins vs Ghana - Everyone Goes Nuts! 2014 (Reaction Compilation).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of any other team/sport/competition that elicits the sort of wide-ranging reaction in this country than the USMNT's World Cup successes.

Today marks 20 years since Eric Wynalda's stunning free kick goal against Switzerland in the Pontiac Silverdome secured the USMNT's first World Cup point since 1950.

ICYMI: John Brooks Goal - The United States Wins vs Ghana - Everyone Goes Nuts! 2014 (Reaction Compilation).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of any other team/sport/competition that elicits the sort of wide-ranging reaction in this country than the USMNT's World Cup successes.
"It's John Brooks. It's John Brooks!" is my favorite part of that call. Ian Darke can't believe it. Also, the noise Taylor Twellman makes when the ball goes in is NR-17.

Today marks 20 years since Eric Wynalda's stunning free kick goal against Switzerland in the Pontiac Silverdome secured the USMNT's first World Cup point since 1950.

saw it live , had a great time that day. We were thrilled to get the draw.

We are closing in on game time, what is everyone doing tonight to enjoy the game?

Are Jeremy Schaap and Anthony Weiner the same person?

BEAT PORTUGAL!!!

image.jpg

Our problem is our lineup is a preventative one, not an attacking one.

Our problem is our lineup is a preventative one, not an attacking one.
I'd have had Mix instead of Beckerman and Johanson in place of Bedoya. Tried to keep the pressure on Portugal.

What a moronic half assed play by Cameron.

Our defense makes the game so much harder for our offensive players. The good thing about that early goal? We seem to be playing more relaxed and playing an open style. Better than that bunker BS

We're starting to develop a build-up leading to chances. We've got to make good on one of them here. Would help immensely if Zusi would get it together.

Would really like to see Johanson up front giving Deuce some support.

Want to see Johannson for Bedoya to start second half.

Gave them too much respect at the start.

Ronaldo playing centrally allows Johnson to get forward. Hope he stays there.

Let's hope It's Poppin' for Deuce and the boys in the next 45 minutes.

EDIT: OH IT'S POPPIN'! USA! USA! USA!

Last edited:
Bradley looks to me like he's playing scared. There's been a bunch of times where he either tries a stupid dummy move and lets a pass go through, or worse yet just looks at a pass as if he's hoping it's for someone else. It almost seems like he doesn't want the ball.

I have a buddy from England that has consistently been a Bradley detractor. To his eye, Bradley is a very suspect decision maker. I got on the Bradley bandwagon after 2010, but I'm starting to reconsider.

Also, what are people doing for the game tomorrow? I'm legit thinking about uninstalling all the sports apps on my phone, staying off the internet, not listening to the radio and recording it to watch after work.

Bradley looks to me like he's playing scared. There's been a bunch of times where he either tries a stupid dummy move and lets a pass go through, or worse yet just looks at a pass as if he's hoping it's for someone else. It almost seems like he doesn't want the ball.

I have a buddy from England that has consistently been a Bradley detractor. To his eye, Bradley is a very suspect decision maker. I got on the Bradley bandwagon after 2010, but I'm starting to reconsider.

He is not a natural #10...seems to play better starting deeper...but we also don't have anyone else who can fill that role...

Playing higher up the field, the pressure comes much more quickly, both from the front and from behind...Bradley does not appear to be used to that...

He is not a natural #10...seems to play better starting deeper...but we also don't have anyone else who can fill that role...

Playing higher up the field, the pressure comes much more quickly, both from the front and from behind...Bradley does not appear to be used to that...
Germany high line is going to be a problem tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom