Class of 2016 - OG/DE Cameron DeGeorge (MA) Decommitted/Verbal to UConn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OG/DE Cameron DeGeorge (MA) Decommitted/Verbal to UConn

In the open field needs to lean forward a little when running, too upright and he rocks from side to side, Easily corrected and will improve his quickness/speed. OL stays low good arm strength. Plenty tough hard nosed kid. Stays with his blocks...and on D once he gets you doesn't let go. Reads and sees the plays really well on D .

Yeah I was going to say something similar about the D side - doesn't overpursue and waits for the play to develop. Being aggressive is great but running past the guys you are supposed to be tackling is not :)

Yeah I was going to say something similar about the D side - doesn't overpursue and waits for the play to develop. Being aggressive is great but running past the guys you are supposed to be tackling is not :)

With his size, he could be a solid run-stopping DE. Also has the ability to force the RB wide. An up-the-field speedster he is not. But that's not why he was recruited. His power game should play at this level.

With his size, he could be a solid run-stopping DE. Also has the ability to force the RB wide. An up-the-field speedster he is not. But that's not why he was recruited. His power game should play at this level.

I'm no expert but I actually liked his defensive tape better than his offensive tape.

The competition he's playing against is definitely not the best, but who wouldn't want a huge kid with a motor and a mean streak like that. Definitely resembles the tapes from Clark and reminds me a lot of Anthony Giudice from last year's haul.

Either way it feels good to be on the board for 2016, now lets pull RW, so we really can celebrate.

I thought of Giudice as well, this kid also has a motor that never quits. Good to have him on board. RW, man, my head will explode if we get him!

Great to have guys on the oline where you can simply say "make a hole there" and the rb knows there will be. LOVE all these guys we get that play to the whistle. It's great to execute the play but better when you wear the opposition out as the plays pile up.

I thought he was solid, but was noticeably missing that initial burst that Clark has.

Clark moves ridiculously well in space. This kid is a bit more lumbering, but definitely moves well enough to play at this level. He is definitely going to have to develop that lower body. That being said, he has an extremely long reach and pretty good footwork already. I think he moves inside to guard, maybe right tackle. Solid pick up for the Cuse.

Clark moves ridiculously well in space. This kid is a bit more lumbering, but definitely moves well enough to play at this level. He is definitely going to have to develop that lower body. That being said, he has an extremely long reach and pretty good footwork already. I think he moves inside to guard, maybe right tackle. Solid pick up for the Cuse.
Curious - your description of what sets Clark and DeGeorge apart (Clark's ability to move in space, DeGeorge being a little more lumbering)...do you think that's why they've so quickly settled on Clark playing defense, and DeGeorge playing on the O-line? I mean, the way you described it, it actually makes perfect sense that it would play a part in deciding which side of the ball they'd play on.

CIL said:
I'm with you on thinking he may be best suited for interior OL, and definitely wasn't a knock on him not being as quick as Clark since I am extremely high on Steven.

Curious - your description of what sets Clark and DeGeorge apart (Clark's ability to move in space, DeGeorge being a little more lumbering)...do you think that's why they've so quickly settled on Clark playing defense, and DeGeorge playing on the O-line? I mean, the way you described it, it actually makes perfect sense that it would play a part in deciding which side of the ball they'd play on.

I don't think Clark and DeGeorge are similar players to be honest. I think a few people made that observation based upon their film because both kids were tossing opponents like rag dolls. Clark reminds me of the Chris Neild kid out of WVU a few years back. Squat, compact, and could really play about 3-4 positions if needed. I believe Clark prefers to play defense, but I actually think the kid could be one of the best centers this program has ever seen. I don't think DeGeorge has that type of athleticism or burst.

DeGeorge IMO is more of a project to the extent that he is going to need 2-3 years of strength and conditioning before he sees the field. The kid is really long and has some really nice potential.

I just thought of Clark because his highlights are fresh in my head and Degeorge reminded me of him. but the both of them are under the radar, both were productive on both sides of the ball, both are high motor finishers. Both will work their butts off and be high character players for the program. Clark is definitely the better athlete

I don't think Clark and DeGeorge are similar players to be honest. I think a few people made that observation based upon their film because both kids were tossing opponents like rag dolls. Clark reminds me of the Chris Neild kid out of WVU a few years back. Squat, compact, and could really play about 3-4 positions if needed. I believe Clark prefers to play defense, but I actually think the kid could be one of the best centers this program has ever seen. I don't think DeGeorge has that type of athleticism or burst.

DeGeorge IMO is more of a project to the extent that he is going to need 2-3 years of strength and conditioning before he sees the field. The kid is really long and has some really nice potential.

How do you think he compares with this years class if recruits along the O-line (Conway, Adams, Byrne, Clausman, Duerig)? I like his size and mobility as a right tackle, but could certainly see him playing guard as he appears to pull well.

How do you think he compares with this years class if recruits along the O-line (Conway, Adams, Byrne, Clausman, Duerig)? I like his size and mobility as a right tackle, but could certainly see him playing guard as he appears to pull well.
I think he is right in the middle of the 5. I agree, either right tackle or guard.

I hadn't heard of this kid and I searched here and didn't see a thread for him he is from lynnfield ma about 30 min from us. Coach Bullough loves this kid. I tried linking his hudl but can't from my phone if someone doesn't beat me to it I will from my computer in the am

30 mins huh? I guess you'll have to give him the memo and invite for those notorious 5am workouts :D

Had shy dm him this morningand invite him to come workout.
You know, that would actually really be a great idea. I mean, I realize that the SU coaches no doubt have their OL guys do different lifts than their LBs but at least Cam would get a pretty solid idea of the SU football workout and can get a huge head start on it.

(I assume Shy already has a copy of the SU strength and conditioning routines)

Best way I can describe it is DeGeorge is a big guy that plays big. Clark is a big guy that plays smaller... in a good way. Cam plays high and over powers people but will have to work on technique a bit since he won't be able to simply overpower ACC foe's. What Cam has, that Clark shows as well, is a mentality that cannot be tought. Both go 100% every play for 100% of every play. The current player that DeGeorge reminds me of, who also happens to be a personal favorite of mine, is Nick Robinson.

The thing that sets Clark apart IMO is that he is 6'3 300 and yet plays low and shows quickness and agility of much smaller players like DE's or even MLB. The fact that he could line up inside or outside in nickel sets is great versatility to have and means he's far less likely to be subbed out in different personelle groups. His size will sneak up on opposition because they'll see film, think he must be smaller than listed, then line up across from him and think "damn, he is that big".

We're seeing much more of that with D Line and LB where players have the ability to line up anywhere across the front 4 or next 3 respectively.

I hate asking this, but is that any sort of recruiting violation? :oops:
I guess it could be under the recruitment can only be by a coach rule...but we aren't recruiting we are asking a kid if he wants to workout

Plus he said he couldnt make our workout times

I guess it could be under the recruitment can only be by a coach rule...but we aren't recruiting we are asking a kid if he wants to workout
I believe there is a short video of Rashon Gary doing a workout for a big time program. i think it was 'bama