Ohio Bobcats (Week 1) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Bobcats (Week 1)

It's pretty simple, the expectation for Syracuse football is that we should smack this team. period.

I'll take any win by any score what-so-ever...but if we lose this game things get interesting and it could be his farewell tour, because at that point UAlbany is probably the only sure thing. I do believe barring a 2 win season HCDB gets next year. But this is a must win game.

It's pretty simple, the expectation for Syracuse football is that we should smack this team. period.

I'll take any win by any score what-so-ever...but if we lose this game things get interesting and it could be his farewell tour, because at that point UAlbany is probably the only sure thing. I do believe barring a 2 win season HCDB gets next year. But this is a must win game.

41-14 Cuse

I’m not sure we can afford to buy DB out even if we only win 1-2 games. But this isn’t the outcome I want to see anyway. This game could be the deathblow though if we lose it. I don’t see how we do but if we do, it’s entirely on the coaching staff IMO. We’re a more talented team, the staff just needs to put the team in the best position.

Again in the last two seasons DB has hired a new OC, DC, LB coach, DB coach (West), WR coach, OL coach.

He's turning over the staff and working like a crazy man to get his program in a good place.

1630020985375.png

If he doesn't get them to a bowl game this year, he should be gone. Period. Enough is enough, move on no matter what it'll cost them.

Straight up
I think Illinois has a decent year and bowls
Nebraska has some clouds hanging over program and a lot of pressure on coach to produce immediately
Another game today to watch has UConn opening their season on the road against Fresno State. It is the first time the embattled UConn football team has played a game in 637 days.

It will be interesting to see how they play after such a long payoff.

Another game today to watch has UConn opening their season on the road against Fresno State. It is the first time the embattled UConn football team has played a game in 637 days.

Boneyaders are going to get a dose of reality.

Bonus for Edsall if they lose by only 21?

I feel like Coley's been in the program since Marrone.
Last year was supposed to be a chance to breakout but the injury bug was strong with Cuse. Thought he looked better than Foster in ‘19.

Which reminds me, I hope Ohio only playing 3 games last year is a bonus for us in game 1.

Granted we shouldn’t need a bonus vs a MAC team but it is game 1 on the road and its critical to the season, so I‘ll take it!

Again in the last two seasons DB has hired a new OC, DC, LB coach, DB coach (West), WR coach, OL coach.

He's turning over the staff and working like a crazy man to get his program in a good place.
So we just give him another year if we don’t make a bowl?

So, not to be a Debbie Downer, but recruiting has been an uphill climb this season.

If, and this is not what we want, but if the staff has another losing season and comes back, the recruiting just gets that much harder, and I'd say the likelihood they get back to winning gets lower.

Which I would take to mean that the AD has decided it's not in their best interests to part ways financially, and it's better to dig the rebuild hole a little deeper and keep the books cleaner a little longer.

It's not going to matter. Dino's getting us back to a bowl and everything will be fine, starting with a W next Saturday against Ohio.

Not at all. I'm just saying he's pulling all the stops and doing what he can to improve the team. If they still are horrific this year then we have to confront the obvious change that is needed.

Yeah Syracuse athletics cant afford him to lose too much.

have to weigh cost benefits of his buy out vs another bleak losing season
A buyout almost guarantees another 2-3 yr rebuild. New staff, new start, etc etc. i say he’ll get every opportunity & regardless of what happens this year, Dino gets one more to get it right.