Class of 2025 - OL Byron Washington (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL Byron Washington (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24)

That is a very big human being.
Jimmy Fallon Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I can't believe this 'kid' is only a Junior (6'8/380) and still has a year of HS left...

They call his HS the U.. DeSoto U. He'll be a tough one to get from Texas imo.. but if anyone can do it... Fran, Elijah, and Nick can.

Last edited:
I can't believe this 'kid' is only a Junior (6'8/380) and still has a year of HS left...

They call his HS the U.. Desoto U. He'll be a tough one to get from Texas imo.. but if anyone can do it... Fran, Elijah, and Nick can.
DeSoto dominated Texas high school football this year on their way to winning the state championship.

This is a very big boy, almost too big. Probably needs to lose 75lbs before he’s able to play at the next level. Definitely looks a bit slow of foot. Can’t teach that size though.

They call his HS the U.. DeSoto U. He'll be a tough one to get from Texas imo.. but if anyone can do it... Fran, Elijah, and Nick can.

The first pic has been making its rounds on social media. Apparently the kid he has locked up is over 6', and Byron makes him look like a middle schooler.

The first pic has been making its rounds on social media. Apparently the kid he has locked up is over 6', and Byron makes him look like a middle schooler.
That first clip reminded me of the line from Kung Fu Panda! “what are you gonna do, sit on me?”

he literally fell on the kid and crawled his way up his body.
agreed he doesn’t seem super athletic. But if you can train him to be, that size is out of this world.

Oh my goodness. I’d definitely run the other way…

That first clip reminded me of the line from Kung Fu Panda! “what are you gonna do, sit on me?”

he literally fell on the kid and crawled his way up his body.
agreed he doesn’t seem super athletic. But if you can train him to be, that size is out of this world.
OFFERED> BYRON WASHINGTON 2025 DESOTO HS, DESOTO, TX
#76 6' 8" 360 OLT
GBlM8RIWcAA6peR

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

VERY STRONG
GREAT BLOCKER PASS OR RUN
"BABY BYRON" JUST PUSHES THE DL OUT OF THE WAY
HIS RB GOES WHERE HE"S BLOCKING THE DL AND CUTS THE OTHER WAY

As an X user put it: "He still has another year?"
CBS Sports' Barrett Sallee later gave some context to the image: "Desoto (Texas) High School offensive lineman Byron Washington is 6-foot-8, 360 pounds. He’s a junior. He is blocking Summer Creek High School defensive end Kaleb Walker … WHO IS 6-FOOT-3, 210 POUNDS."
If Washington's a junior and set to graduate at 18 years old in 2025 - the age most people graduate from high school - that means Washington is currently 16 years old. Yup.

However, it's not been easy for the teenager, who is reported by The Athletic as having had to undergo surgery as a result of a six-inch growth spurt during one month of sixth grade.
Washington told the outlet: "My growth plates were stretching so much, I had to get metal rods put in my legs to straighten them out for more support on my body,
"For two years, I had to do physical therapy. I had to learn how to trust my body again. Getting to this point wasn’t easy."
It may not've been easy, but it's certainly been worth it for the young footballer, the 6A Division II championship seeing DeSoto win against Summer Creek.
According to Bally Sports TXHS, the DeSoto Eagles 'set a new record' in the championship for 'most points' in a 6A state championship with a total of 67. The previous record is reported as 63.

I can’t believe they had a helmet that could fit that kid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom