Class of 2015 - OL Cody Conway (IL) Signed LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OL Cody Conway (IL) Signed LOI

if they can get everyone on the 24th great. but if not then there are other weekends. Cody not knowing yet is not a big deal and yet people jump to the conclusion now that he's wavering. Maybe he is wavering I don't know, I think it's a silly conclusion.

If our staff only targets select weekends while every other staff in the nation will be entertaining official visitors on every open weekend well...:noidea:

if they can get everyone on the 24th great. but if not then there are other weekends. Cody not knowing yet is not a big deal and yet people jump to the conclusion now that he's wavering. Maybe he is wavering I don't know, I think it's a silly conclusion.

If our staff only targets select weekends while every other staff in the nation will be entertaining official visitors on every open weekend well...:noidea:

I think OV scheduling may be a reflection of what we are discussing in the other threads that there are very few openings left. And those few openings could be open for a few of the kids that just visited.

B4oCjihCYAIBmGX.jpg:large

Cody ‏@CodyConway13 1h1 hour ago
@AJDuerig hey bro i just found out im going the 23rd

Last edited:
Maybe he knew the coaches were coming and figured that he'd set it up with them when they were at his house. Just a thought.

Or I am going to chalk it up to typical teenager just not thinking that far ahead or remembering what the date was.
Fa,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la

B4oCjihCYAIBmGX.jpg:large

Cody ‏@CodyConway13 1h1 hour ago
@AJDuerig hey bro i just found out im going the 23rd

Anyone not excited about this picture it insane. I doubt he is 280 like he is listed, but he is very well put together weight wise. He's massive, but doesn't have a gut like you see on some of the OL we've brought in. He's got an amazing frame to put good weight on. Can easily see him as a 6'6 300 pound tackle.

Maybe he knew the coaches were coming and figured that he'd set it up with them when they were at his house. Just a thought.

That is a very reasonable and rational thought... Get off this site right now, we can't have that kind of outlook after a 3-9 season!! :)

Another OL that has an amazing frame and is huge ala Ward. Little to slow for DE but does an amazing job sealing his end at OT. Looks to go second or even third level after making the initial surge/block at the line. Like Duerig, kids dad is bigger than he is. They were awesome folks when I meet them at the beginning of the season.

Senior HL:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4383407/highlights/206440375

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 27m27 minutes ago
Updates on Syracuse OL commits Cody Conway and Andrejas Duerig: http://bit.ly/1CmrzYe

Cody Conway
Conway wrapped up a successful senior season at Plainfield (Ill.) North High School on an individual level with invitations to the NUC All-American Game and Blue-Grey All-American Bowl. While he was unable to attend either due to time conflicts, Conway said they reinforced the confidence he had in his performance.
"My senior year went pretty well," Conway said. "Team wise we didn't do what we wanted, but individually I accomplished a lot of the goals I wanted to."
From a technical standpoint, Conway said he emphasized footwork, hand placement and getting back into his pass drops quickly during his senior season. While he expects to redshirt as a true freshman at Syracuse, like almost all linemen do, he's already set a collegiate goal for himself: play in his redshirt freshman season.
And one factor that could play to Conway's favor is SU offensive coordinator Tim Lester's soon-to-be implemented offense.
"He said it kind of fit my style," Conway said. "He said I have a little bit more speed than different offensive tackles."
Conway said that will help him on pulling plays, as well as rollouts and running plays designed for him to attack the second level.
Currently, he's trying to build on that speed, as well as his overall conditioning, during basketball season. From a strength perspective, Conway said he lifts every day but game days and the day before game days.
After the basketball season ends, he'd like to work his bench press over 300 pounds.

Is Cody now 6'8", or is that a typo I read somewhere else? He does look a bit thin in his photo with Coach Adam, maybe because he's getting taller? Don't know how tall Adam is but Cody probably has 6-8" inches on him.

Is Cody now 6'8", or is that a typo I read somewhere else? He does look a bit thin in his photo with Coach Adam, maybe because he's getting taller? Don't know how tall Adam is but Cody probably has 6-8" inches on him.

Everyone looks thin when standing next to Coach Adam. Sorry, cheap shot alert!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom