Oladipo guarding MCW... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oladipo guarding MCW...

Triche will be the key to this game, as per usual.
If he stinks it up we will lose.
He'll have to be more in the play-maker PG role bringing the ball up against Yogi/Hulls, and to be extra effective, he'll need to show a post-up game against the smurfs.
If we see a pumped, confident, "Good Brandon", we win this game.
On defense, it'll be about Zeller/Watford and that catch on the foul line. IU's decision making from that position will be the key against the zone.

Triche will be the key to this game, as per usual.
If he stinks it up we will lose.
He'll have to be more in the play-maker PG role bringing the ball up against Yogi/Hulls, and to be extra effective, he'll need to show a post-game against the smurfs.
If we see a pumped, confident, "Good Brandon", we win this game.

if we see a pumped, confident, "good brandon" for the next 4 games we win the whole damn thing.

This will most certainly be a game in which MCW gets to prove he is ready for the next level. Good or bad, he is the head of the SU snake. I think Triche should be prepared to run point, at least in spots. I expect the defense to be good. IMO, we need to shoot 40% + and at least close to 30% from three. We will also need them to turn it over more than us. If we allow them to out rebound us, we are also in trouble. We can do all these things. Time for a "Sherm length of court hike to Stevie for the dunk 50 point beat down" type game. That was unexpected, too.
Yes I definitley think Triche will see some PG duties. They'll put one of the little people, maybe the hobbit on MCW, they know he can't shoot, so all they have to do is stay in front of him and harass him. If it turns into UL situation, give the keys to Triche. I'd imagine Olandipo would guard our best player and leading scoring threat CJ. I just hope Crean aka Stephen King, over thinks this problem he's got to solve.

If you disrupt MCW the entire offense falls apart. So they start out with VO on MCW IMO if they play m-2-m. Sheehey will play Southerland and chase him around. Watford is too slow to chase James around plus IU will want him in the paint on the boards. Watford probably gets CJ but it wouldn't surprise me to see Zeller on Fair at times. Our centers don't score much and aren't going to hurt you...usually. I think SU can win this game IF BT and MCW play really well. BT has got to score meaning shoot well. If he has one of his 2-12 games we're done. And MCW has to get to the rim and finish and draw fouls. IU's bench is thin. SU historically plays well in the underdog role. There is no pressure on SU this game...it's all on IU. Nobody in the media is giving SU any chance here and I think the team will feed off that lack of respect.
Generally agree, but don't think MCW can consistently get to the rim on VO, nor worth the TOs to consistently try it. (BTW, he's got to be living with some major distractions at home this week.) I'd like to see Brandon take his little man (recall his productive driving vs. overplaying Wisc in Boston) and be prepared to drop to Rak or Baye for the finish or pitch to wings. Try to draw fouls rather than settle for 3s. On defense, concerned about Watford/Sheehey at the foul line, making open shots or dumping down to Zeller. They've got 4 days to figure it out; call Calhoun, etc. Unlike some others, I think is this is bad matchup for us b/c of the inside/outside nature of their offense. IU has had their stinker game; might be due for all cylinders ... Good news is that I won't be attending with my horrible in-person record, even though its down the street.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom