OMG The framed jersey they presented Rosie ... | Syracusefan.com

OMG The framed jersey they presented Rosie ...

Spelled it Bowie on the jersey they presented him (not the one hanging in the rafters)

What an absolute disgraceful job by whoever was involved.

given the MULTITUDE of fax pas by the atheletic dept. dr. gross is responsible. it amazes me the amateurism of the athletic dept. in critical high profile situations. omg is right

On a positive note, if I heard the announcers correctly in the first half, SU won the first Big East championship with Lewie and David Bowie.

Absolutely unbelievable and inexcusable. I spent my entire career in communications. Rule one: Never make anything public until you check it for accuracy. Rosie has been part of the program for nearly 40 years. How many times has his name been out there? How many people saw that before it was unveiled? Dozens, I am sure.

SU apparently lives by a version of the Nike motto: just do it ...without checking anything.

cto said:
Absolutely unbelievable and inexcusable. I spent my entire career in communications. Rule one: Never make anything public until you check it for accuracy. Rosie has been part of the program for nearly 40 years. How many times has his name been out there? How many people saw that before it was unveiled? Dozens, I am sure.
Fire them all seriously. This is the final straw

d0ac9fae-09c3-4d4a-9f0f-151f33f22106.jpg

That's the most mind boggling part to me. Shoot, even if you don't realize it until it's too late to re-do, just turn the jerseys around in the frame for god's sakes and show the front. Sure it'll seem a little strange but far better than showing everyone you spelled his name wrong.

Why not just give it to him later?? Really? Makes me think they didn't even notice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom