One thing about this team | Syracusefan.com

One thing about this team

I feel like they have focus/motivation problems. When they get embarrassed, they lock in and do the things they need to to win the next one. Then they get complacent and don’t put out the effort they need to for the next one.

I think it is clear now that the offense needs to run through Q. Judah should still be an important secondary option but he is not the guy who should be running this team.

We are crappy when Judah runs things, dominates the ball and forces bad shots with little time on the clock. That works against Siena and Canisius but not against good defensive teams.

I think Q knew Judah tends to throw air balls short of the basket and intentionally set up there late in the game when Judah was in hero mode. He got two of them and converted them into desperately needed baskets.

Just about every big play that was made in the last 10 minutes was made by Q. On offense, on defense, rebounds. Even the excellent wolf signs he gave to his fans in the NC State student section while they were wishing him farewell after the game.

Props to the refs for calling the double technical on Horne and Q in the first half. They were about to get into a fight. The little weasel Horne would have gotten killed and Q would have been suspended the rest of the season.

I feel like they have focus/motivation problems. When they get embarrassed, they lock in and do the things they need to to win the next one. Then they get complacent and don’t put out the effort they need to for the next one.
I'm feeling old as I say this, but I feel like this is the type of thing that a team that is full of second year players would be really understandable to deal with as fans as we grew with them thinking they'd all be back next year that then becomes less tolerable not knowing that's realistic.

Youth is a problem, not as bad as rebounding, but an issue. Keep on mind that this is a young team with zero senior or grad level on court leadership. Heck, we don't have any juniors outside of Hima.

Great call by Red to let Q take the ball to the basket when they were expecting Judah.

But I didn't like Q going after the crowd when the game was over. Not a good look.

That was terrible. Not a fan of his antics all game. Just play ball.

I'm feeling old as I say this, but I feel like this is the type of thing that a team that is full of second year players would be really understandable to deal with as fans as we grew with them thinking they'd all be back next year that then becomes less tolerable not knowing that's realistic.
As long as we keep the valuable parts and fill the rest of the roster with the frosh and get 1-2 Horne like talents from the portal (not his exact skills, just someone of that level of player). This season will pay off next year

What happened to the “ok Devo was a punk but he was our punk” type fans? Is everyone just old here or is the losing taking its toll.
I feel like talking is more tolerable with good teams. Mediocre teams that trash talk all game long just come off as a holes, imo.
That said, Q has been my second favorite player this year (behind Dyaisha).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom