Oooff! No Robinson, No Trudo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oooff! No Robinson, No Trudo

Thank god Emerich gained some valuable game experience -- he might need to play just to help bolster depth along the interior.

Palmer has performed really well as a stop-gap RT. The same can't be said about Lasker, and I'm terrified about the prospect of having to play McGloster.

We might need to duck tape it and hope we can get through this week on the OL, playing maybe 6 guys.

Could always slide Emerich in to play Center as Tom noted and then put Miller at Guard. We still will have Palmer and Hickey at the Tackles which would certainly be a good thing. If Trudo can give it a go we will be in much better shape.

Could always slide Emerich in to play Center as Tom noted and then put Miller at Guard. We still will have Palmer and Hickey at the Tackles which would certainly be a good thing. If Trudo can give it a go we will be in much better shape.

Trudo would be the 6th, if he can go. Otherwise, we don't have any other players with any game experience.

LT Hickey
LG Trudo [assuming he can play]
C Miller
RG Lasker [who has sucked at RT; might not be as exposed shifting inside]
RT Palmer

With Emerich providing some valuable depth, enabling a Miller to shift to G, Trudo to come out of the game if needed, etc.

And if Trudo can't start, then Emerich at C with Miller at LG, and you pray like hell none of them gets injured on Saturday. Either way, they'll have to be iron men.

If we need to go to the bench, than McGloster, Hayes, and Jon Burton might have to play out of necessity. Otherwise, we're either burning redshirts [i.e., Aaron Roberts, Denzel Ward] or playing walkons [Wolf-Gould has been around the program for a long time--could he provide a few stop-gap snaps just to give guys a brief rest?].

Last edited:
JeremyCuse said:
One of my few perks here is my ability to get after Herm on demand, how dare you defend him, lol. In all seriousness I don't blame him 100% but its just mindboggling how often it seems the fball schedule is screwed up year after year in a variety of ways. That being said next year looks like it sets up really well.

One thing that would be on him going forward is scheduling an OOC on that 5th weekend without some commitment from the ACC of either an early game or a last weekend in October bye. Because otherwise you're just stuck with the mid season marathon.

One thing that would be on him going forward is scheduling an OOC on that 5th weekend without some commitment from the ACC of either an early game or a last weekend in October bye. Because otherwise you're just stuck with the mid season marathon.

Your right, if he cant get a guarantee from the ACC he just needs to fill that game with a hopefully an easy OOC game and tell the ACC we now have the date booked. We can't afford to have this 9 game marathon again.

I can't remember all those numbers without going back and looking it up. If your ID was OU812, I would have remembered.

If it was I8HIM2, Millhouse would have remembered.
Chip was so upset the DMV doesn't allow = signs on license plates
8=====D

The only school in the ACC that had a bye in week 2 was Syracuse. SU might have left that week open hoping to get a conference game that week, the one that went to BC to host their game with Pitt.

If that did that, gambling on getting that game without a backup plan, it was a very risky move that blew up in their face and again severely handicapped a football program that is not at the point where bowl games are a given each season.

Everyone else in the conference was able to find an opponent in week 2 but Syracuse. It is very disappointing these kinds of things keep happening.
we will be playing a conference game week 2 next year as schedule goes back to 1 bye week with ther later start next year and I doubt acc puts anyone on a bye until the 1st 3 games and before the last 2 games is my guess

Obviously our " slow the tempo" strategy worked way too well against Clemson. :mad:

These kids have heart now hoping they get their health back too.

to avoid confusion of too many numbers I have officially changed to Jamesvillecuse instead Cuse13078

The only school in the ACC that had a bye in week 2 was Syracuse. SU might have left that week open hoping to get a conference game that week, the one that went to BC to host their game with Pitt.

If that did that, gambling on getting that game without a backup plan, it was a very risky move that blew up in their face and again severely handicapped a football program that is not at the point where bowl games are a given each season.

Everyone else in the conference was able to find an opponent in week 2 but Syracuse. It is very disappointing these kinds of things keep happening.

Has the scheduling guy been fired yet? It seems there is some big blow up involving him at least a couple times each year. Last year not knowing if one of the games counted towards bowl eligibility etc.

I don't think you can blame him for that. ND was already scheduled for week 5, and my assumption is that pre-dates him. Probably pre-dates our inclusion in the ACC. So unless the ACC was willing to give us an early game, we were going to have an early bye. Yeah, week 4 would have been better than week 2, but everyone sang Frazier's praises when he scheduled Maryland. Until we lost. Then he was terrible again.

Thankless job.
would a bye week 4 changed things much since most of these people got hurt after that? a bye now instead of week 10-11 would have been more beneficial

would a bye week 4 changed things much since most of these people got hurt after that? a bye now instead of week 10-11 would have been more beneficial

Little better, but not much. Just takes the 9 game marathon down to a 7 game marathon. Maybe our injuries don't change, but you'd just hope it works out better mentally.

That's why I said in my other post, if you schedule a week 5 OOC game, you can survive it as long as the ACC will commit to the last weekend in October, so you can get a week off before the November push.

It's a 14 week season, so getting it in week 2 and week 12 just creates way too much in the middle. If everyone had the same thing, that would be fine, but since it doesn't work that way, we can't have the two extremes.

I am ok with the young guys getting run... anyone who thought this team was going to win more than 6, maybe 7 tops, games given our schedule and inept qb play... thats just being a borderline homer. Hunt is not our future, let AJ get in there. Let Ishmael get in there... these two are going to back McNabb to Kevin Johnson in two years.

take our lumps, and pray for a friendlier schedule next year. oh, and play better...

Looks like we have the same scenario for next year, no week 2 opponent. Gross better be working on an ACC opponent, even if it has to be Friday night. Anything is better than the early week off.

Am I the only one who thinks we start out next year with 4 losses? Not the first 4 games, but 4 games where we are a heavy underdog and very unlikely to win. FSU, Clemson, LSU, @ Louisville.

Remind me of this if I try to say we'll get to 8 wins next year. 6 will be fortunate.

Has the scheduling guy been fired yet? It seems there is some big blow up involving him at least a couple times each year. Last year not knowing if one of the games counted towards bowl eligibility etc.

The Wagner game counted, as Frazier said all along. He got CMU on a 2 for 1 deal. Got LSU in the Dome. The week 2 bye has nothing to do with him. He is doing a good job so far.

It is really the bye that is killing us nowadays and that is out of our control, right?

Looks like we have the same scenario for next year, no week 2 opponent. Gross better be working on an ACC opponent, even if it has to be Friday night. Anything is better than the early week off.

Am I the only one who thinks we start out next year with 4 losses? Not the first 4 games, but 4 games where we are a heavy underdog and very unlikely to win. FSU, Clemson, LSU, @ Louisville.

Remind me of this if I try to say we'll get to 8 wins next year. 6 will be fortunate.

next year week 2 will have no byes with schedule going back to only 1 bye week. fsu,duke, bc,nc state,wake, us and Miami don't currently have games scheduled in week 2 but Miami is likely playing an OOC game that week as they are looking at a acc opener on 9/5. BC is still lacking non conference games for next year(1 or 2,1 fcs) and duke and nc state have 1 game with no date set, but with eneven numbers of games set on 11/21 and no byes likely 1 will likely play an ooc game that week

It is really the bye that is killing us nowadays and that is out of our control, right?

I think its more the schedule of games by acc putting all the tough physical games early

Chris02M said:
next year week 2 will have no byes with schedule going back to only 1 bye week. fsu,duke, bc,nc state,wake, us and Miami don't currently have games scheduled in week 2 but Miami is likely playing an OOC game that week as they are looking at a acc opener on 9/5. BC is still lacking non conference games for next year(1 or 2,1 fcs) and duke and nc state have 1 game with no date set, but with eneven numbers of games set on 11/21 and no byes likely 1 will likely play an ooc game that week

Forgot about that, thanks for the reminder. Only 13 Saturdays between Labor Day and Saturday after Thanksgiving so everyone in P5 except Big 12 and ND (no conf title game) so we all just get one bye.

I can only assume ours won't be Sep 12. If it is then this league is really giving it to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom