Orange jerseys are coming | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Orange jerseys are coming

TheCusian said:
If you and bees want to go on record saying "kids like anything till they see something better"

As someone who coached kids for 30+ years and who also has kids who are HS athletes, I will on record that that is fact. I would only tweak it to say "anything new".

If I let him, my kid would buy a new pair of Nikes every month.

RMH44 said:
Whoa...holy OCD! You're all over this like a glazed-over pit bull. Maybe we need to call in Cesar Millan ;-) It's simply not worth all back and forth since we have very little, if any, say in the matter.

I was ready to let it go - but then people started to say that our players opinions don't count. I don't know - just took it as classic ageism.

TheCusian said:
You would say to kids you work with that the don't really like something that they said they liked? Like "I hear your opinion, but you're wrong?" And you don't get how that might be demeaning?

Nobody ever said that. So keep trying.

upload_2015-3-23_17-25-31-jpeg.39002

Again this jersey I purchased when I went to SU for Homecoming in 2012 should be part our rotation.

rrlbees said:
As someone who coached kids for 30+ years and who also has kids who are HS athletes, I will on record that that is fact. I would only tweak it to say "anything new". If I let him, my kid would buy a new pair of Nikes every month.

Right. So keeping the same unis for 20 years would satisfy that desire to wear something new and fresh? If I cede the point to you and Kaiser - and its "they like anything new" - then the next step is to ask yourself "maybe that's the point" in changing unis.

rrlbees said:
Nobody ever said that. So keep trying.

I say: players posted that they liked the new Orange uni on Twitter today

Kaiser: they just like new stuff

ie. They don't really like them.

How on earth does he know that?

You make no sense.
how so??

was the guy whos life is shot because he, unprompted...called mone' davis a slut...correct in his assumption, just because he tweeted it??

and no, i dont work with young people, i work with immature adult millionaires...all of which would immedietly tweet that they loved the new jacket they got, no matter how ugly...just because of the prestige attached to it.

same thing.

where did i say that?

KaiserUEO said:
how so?? was the guy whos life is shot because he, unprompted...called mone' davis a slut...correct in his assumption, just because he tweeted it?? and no, i dont work with young people, i work with immature adult millionaires...all of which would immedietly tweet that they loved the new jacket they got, no matter how ugly...just because of the prestige attached to it. same thing.

Nope. Kids at Maryland said "I don't love this helmet - but whatever." I think if they are asked they will blow smoke, but unprompted? Seems like a legit opinion to me.

Anyways - hardly matters. I'm done with this thread. To sum up my "crazy" opinions:

1. Unis matter to players and recruits (backed up by coaches, a 700 recruit survey, parents of actual recruits, etc)
2. I'm not for the current iteration; I'm for the AD using every available tool to make us better
3. I believe an AD with a brain will find away to make everyone happy

I'm out

First they like water until they have kool-aid...
kool aid tastes better than water, yes??

and maybe they are smart enough to not shoot themselves in the foot...unprompted.

I think most people know that. But ugly shouldn't be the replacement.

I bet any number of people could however take the Nassib/McNabb era uniforms and jazz them up to be "modern" and they'd be considered great. Start with orange pants/orange helmets with blue home/white away jerseys. Have a one off that is all orange, all white, all blue, all gray or some combo.

Some of you are being difficult and holding on to some belief that people who think the more current uniforms are clown suits want the uniforms to be EXACTLY like we had in 2012 or McNabb era. There is a way to make those uniforms more today without tossing aside everything that used to be sharp and Syracuse Orangemen.

How subjective is the word ugly?

If you set out to be s, that graph is 100% proof. But thanks.

and we have covered ad nauseum why they would say that.

why you choose to believe it as gospel is strange.

kids love water, till they taste kool aid.

kids love kool aid, till they taste soda.

kids love soda, till they taste beer.

and on and on and on...

eventually, they can make a completely sound decision. but until we know that Syracuse showed them 50 different styles of jerseys and they chose a final 2 or 3...then whatever a twitter account of a couple of kids says means something only to themselves and you.
Mmmm beer

Who doesn't like new stuff?

New Car, yup!
New house, Yup!
New underwear, all for it!
New driveway, nice!
New fence, Great!
New higher paying job, killer!
New deck, etc.!

New Uniforms...blasphemy, get the flock outta here!