Orange jerseys are coming | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Orange jerseys are coming

OrangePA said:
How little I care about the players? Huh? I care about their lives, their health, their education. I don't care about their preferred style. Gosh, to suggest that they would "draw the line" at the "Hawaiian shirt" look is probably not accurate, when you consider the awful looks that they - according to you - find so hot.

Zaire Franklin and Trey Dunk both said they loved the look yesterday. So it's not according to me.

I think most people know that. But ugly shouldn't be the replacement.

I bet any number of people could however take the Nassib/McNabb era uniforms and jazz them up to be "modern" and they'd be considered great. Start with orange pants/orange helmets with blue home/white away jerseys. Have a one off that is all orange, all white, all blue, all gray or some combo.

Some of you are being difficult and holding on to some belief that people who think the more current uniforms are clown suits want the uniforms to be EXACTLY like we had in 2012 or McNabb era. There is a way to make those uniforms more today without tossing aside everything that used to be sharp and Syracuse Orangemen.

Why is it that the lacrosse team looks more like the Coach Mac-McNabb look than the football team does??

Ben Williams.jpg

TheCusian said:
Zaire Franklin and Trey Dunk both said they loved the look yesterday. So it's not according to me.

Were you able to show them the other ones?

rrlbees said:
Were you able to show them the other ones?

The non-existent ones. No - my powers don't stretch into the future yet.

Has any recruit ever done an interview and said "Nah, I don't like these jerseys. Not feelin' it."

and we have covered ad nauseum why they would say that.

why you choose to believe it as gospel is strange.

kids love water, till they taste kool aid.

kids love kool aid, till they taste soda.

kids love soda, till they taste beer.

and on and on and on...

eventually, they can make a completely sound decision. but until we know that Syracuse showed them 50 different styles of jerseys and they chose a final 2 or 3...then whatever a twitter account of a couple of kids says means something only to themselves and you.

I don't know what was wrong with the ones we wore in 2011 and 2012? Those were perfect, whose decision is it to change appearance? HC? AD? Nike?

No.

I see it as my donations pay for the clown suits we continue to wear which last year made us a national embarrassment regardless of the record. So I have a voice. Our unis were mocked all year and they suck. Like I said originally, they went from a D- to a C- but that still sucks. And regardless of what a few here keep trying to convince me of, they don't help get us recruits.

No Really - Let it go.

I don't know what was wrong with the ones we wore in 2011 and 2012? Those were perfect, whose decision is it to change appearance? HC? AD? Nike?

I doubt either Shafer or Marrone cared that much about uniforms, but there's someone else who was at SU who loved being the story...what was that guy's name again?

I can respect that opinion. I just think it doesn't fly in this day and age. CFB is bigger business than it ever was - our donations and attendance are not as important as they once were with TV money floating around. Just "inviting a young man to be a part of the program" doesn't work on it's own anymore. Our competition is "inviting" them too - only with more bells and whistles. Uni's are apart of that equation.

And all due respect - the uniforms are not only for long term fans of the program. If they were, you'd get complimentary fan uni's provided upon entry to the dome. They are for the players who wear them and fans who follow the team. I defer to the players who actually give blood and sweat and put their physical well-being on the line (and possible long-lasting head trauma).

Finally. Kids do love new stuff. But to assume that they wouldn't care if it were Hawaiian - shows how little you care for the players who don the uni. Patronizing old fans alienate young athletes.

I'm sorry your logic is lost on me.

Good question.

Based on Shafer's comments, I don't think it originated with the coaching staff.

KaiserUEO said:
and we have covered ad nauseum why they would say that. why you choose to believe it as gospel is strange. kids love water, till they taste kool aid. kids love kool aid, till they taste soda. kids love soda, till they taste beer. and on and on and on... eventually, they can make a completely sound decision. but until we know that Syracuse showed them 50 different styles of jerseys and they chose a final 2 or 3...then whatever a twitter account of a couple of kids says means something only to themselves and you.

You don't work with young people. Not in a respectful manner at least. That much is gospel.

CuseIsInTheHouse said:
Has any recruit ever done an interview and said "Nah, I don't like these jerseys. Not feelin' it."

It was on Twitter. Unprompted.

CuseIsInTheHouse said:
That wasn't the question. Do you find a lot of recruits (or any) saying that they don't like jerseys?

My guess is that if they like them they say so unprompted on Twitter in front of their peers.

KaiserUEO said:
and we have covered ad nauseum why they would say that. why you choose to believe it as gospel is strange. kids love water, till they taste kool aid. kids love kool aid, till they taste soda. kids love soda, till they taste beer. and on and on and on... eventually, they can make a completely sound decision. but until we know that Syracuse showed them 50 different styles of jerseys and they chose a final 2 or 3...then whatever a twitter account of a couple of kids says means something only to themselves and you.

I'm not sure you proved anything outside of being disrespectful to members of our team.

If you and bees want to go on record saying "kids like anything till they see something better" - be my guest. That's a hypothetical that is unprovable since we don't have any evidence since those unis don't exist.

What we know is that two members of the team liked them enough to post unprompted.

TheCusian said:
You don't work with young people. Not in a respectful manner at least. That much is gospel.

I do. So what's the point?

I think most people know that. But ugly shouldn't be the replacement.

I bet any number of people could however take the Nassib/McNabb era uniforms and jazz them up to be "modern" and they'd be considered great. Start with orange pants/orange helmets with blue home/white away jerseys. Have a one off that is all orange, all white, all blue, all gray or some combo.

Some of you are being difficult and holding on to some belief that people who think the more current uniforms are clown suits want the uniforms to be EXACTLY like we had in 2012 or McNabb era. There is a way to make those uniforms more today without tossing aside everything that used to be sharp and Syracuse Orangemen.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't mind having an alternate combo with orange/white/blue/grey but use the 2010-2012 era uniforms and jazz those up. All I want is an orange top in that style as part of the home rotation. I don't care for these jazzed up uniform numerals.

I'm not sure you proved anything outside of being disrespectful to members of our team.

If you and bees want to go on record saying "kids like anything till they see something better" - be my guest. That's a hypothetical that is unprovable since we don't have any evidence since those unis don't exist.

What we know is that two members of the team liked them enough to post unprompted.
Whoa...holy OCD! You're all over this like a glazed-over pit bull. Maybe we need to call in Cesar Millan ;-)

It's simply not worth all back and forth since we have very little, if any, say in the matter.

rrlbees said:
I do. So what's the point?

You would say to kids you work with that the don't really like something that they said they liked? Like "I hear your opinion, but you're wrong?" And you don't get how that might be demeaning?