Orange jerseys are coming | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Orange jerseys are coming

Honest question, what uniform do kids your age not like?
school-uniform.jpg

Scooch said:
Honest question, what uniform do kids your age not like?

I will say this: if you're confident kids will choose the McNabb era uni over this current look - you don't know kids.

I will say this: if you're confident kids will choose the McNabb era uni over this current look - you don't know kids.
I dont know.. I asked the kids on my sons HS teams and while its only 25-30 kids they pretty much all hated everything we saw last year and love the older stuff. isnt there a reason clothes trend but some styles last? kids like change, something that stands out, but in 5 years when the 5th new thing is out they wont even remember what they liked. adults tend to wear stuff , you pick a style of jeans and wear them for 20 years. kids pick out a new one every year and hate last years style.

Millhouse said:
maybe next time they should photoshop some people in the stands

Would it have been so hard for them to use a picture of the Clemson game. The Dome was packed. that should be the go to picture of the Dome.

Fix the numbers and I'm good with this (and only this - of the various new combos).

1. I asked a question.

2. My kids thought the new uniforms were awful.

Scooch said:
1. I asked a question. 2. My kids thought the new uniforms were awful.

You have 18 year old kids?

Somebody wake me up when Orange wins start coming, when they do I don't care if they wearing denim tuxedos out there

At this point, a t-shirt tux designed after Lloyd Christmas would be really funny. And really fitting. Why not.

Can we just table this till we actually see them. Wrong orange ,too bright, too pale , too orange , numbers suck, needs white. Enough till we actually see them. I never realized every single person on this board was a designer. You old timers like the 90s uniforms because we were winning. Well guess what things change. It's 2015 and the world we live in has company's like Nike that make team uniforms. If you don't like it then find a new team, stop buying Nike,... But Jesus the same old complaints going on the better part of 15 years is getting very old. I honestly don't care if they come out in pink unitards of they win. Enough is enough we have new uniforms embrace the change and move on. Maybe the next batch you'll like. I promise you if you ask 50 kids ranging from 16-30,80% will like them.

Can we just table this till we actually see them. Wrong orange ,too bright, too pale , too orange , numbers suck, needs white. Enough till we actually see them. I never realized every single person on this board was a designer. You old timers like the 90s uniforms because we were winning. Well guess what things change. It's 2015 and the world we live in has company's like Nike that make team uniforms. If you don't like it then find a new team, stop buying Nike,... But Jesus the same old complaints going on the better part of 15 years is getting very old. I honestly don't care if they come out in pink unitards of they win. Enough is enough we have new uniforms embrace the change and move on. Maybe the next batch you'll like
Get off my freaking lawn.

Us old-timers like the 80's and 90's uniforms simply because they scream "Syracuse University"

Not sure what we're trying to say with this:

15957019-mmmain.jpg

16295672-standard.jpg

15733666-standard.jpg

On the bright side, since nobody could recognize the team on TV, maybe nobody knows we went 3-9 last year.

OrangeXtreme said:
Us old-timers like the 80's and 90's uniforms simply because they scream "Syracuse University" Not sure what we're trying to say with this: On the bright side, since nobody could recognize the team on TV, nobody knows we went 3-9 last year.

They scream Syracuse to old-timers. They scream old to everyone under 20.

And I like the old school look - and yes I'm 35+

TheCusian said:
They scream Syracuse to old-timers. They scream old to everyone under 20. And I like the old school look - and yes I'm 35+

2012 was 3 seasons ago. And yes, I have HS kids and have asked them and their friends and they all, 100%, thought last years were hideous. I've even asked a couple parents of players and they prefers the 2012 look. Like others have said, not 1 recruit has ever said they don't like a uniform. And not one recruit has ever been given a choice of which they like better.

rrlbees said:
2012 was 3 seasons ago. And yes, I have HS kids and have asked them and their friends and they all, 100%, thought last years were hideous. I've even asked a couple parents of players and they prefers the 2012 look. Like others have said, not 1 recruit has ever said they don't like a uniform. And not one recruit has ever been given a choice of which they like better.

The 2012 Unis were awesome. I liked them.

Not all high school kids come from the same backgrounds. Style can deviate a lot based on locale. Even suburb to city. I'm not making assumptions about your family. But I've worked with kids in high school in both the inner city and rural communities. Could not be more different.

Parents of players are probably in the older demographic, no?

I'm not sure how you know if a recruit has ever been given a choice - but it's a lock that they had an opinion between the old and the current unis. Based on tweets, Instagram - they were amped about them.

You're not an 18 year old kid from FL or NJ. Neither am I. I find it insanely presumptuous that any of us can make any kind of statement on what they like or don't like.

TheCusian said:
The 2012 Unis were awesome. I liked them. Not all high school kids come from the same backgrounds. Style can deviate a lot based on locale. Even suburb to city. I'm not making assumptions about your family. But I've worked with kids in high school in both the inner city and rural communities. Could not be more different. Parents of players are probably in the older demographic, no? I'm not sure how you know if a recruit has ever been given a choice - but it's a lock that they had an opinion between the old and the current unis. Based on tweets, Instagram - they were amped about them. You're not an 18 year old kid from FL or NJ. Neither am I. I find it insanely presumptuous that any of us can make any kind of statement on what they like or don't like.

I asked the parents what their kids preferred, not them personally. And I nor you may not be 18 but everyone I asked was. Or 16/17. And I can assure you no recruit has ever been given choices. With your logic, you'll have to admit we lost recruits because of last years unis.

rrlbees said:
I asked the parents what their kids preferred, not them personally. And I nor you may not be 18 but everyone I asked was. Or 16/17. And I can assure you no recruit has ever been given choices. With your logic, you'll have to admit we lost recruits because of last years unis.

I meant that the recruits and players who were around for the switch might not have been given a choice - but they certainly had an opinion.

I've never once said that a kid made a decision on where to attend solely on unis. I've maintained that it can play a part. I linked to articles where a survey took place and proved just that, top recruits said as much - and one of own recruits parents said himself that his son thought it was important.

And yes by that logic - having a uni that recruits don't like, could play a part (however small). I can't know if that happened to us and you can't either.

Recent events considered, this might be a good time to demonstrate that we are a university directing kids, rather than a platform for kids to direct a university.

That is, if a clothing monolith weren't directing both the kids and the university.

Does anyone ever consider that someone like Jim, or Larry, or Ger, or the likes would look at the 80s and 90s unis, and think "what the hell are they wearing?" Or, "those don't scream Syracuse University!" Because they were not like what the older guys wore either.
I don't really like them as much as the ones from my youth, but over time they have changed a lot. Somewhere down the road we'll like them again.

Can we just table this till we actually see them. Wrong orange ,too bright, too pale , too orange , numbers suck, needs white. Enough till we actually see them. I never realized every single person on this board was a designer. You old timers like the 90s uniforms because we were winning. Well guess what things change. It's 2015 and the world we live in has company's like Nike that make team uniforms. If you don't like it then find a new team, stop buying Nike,... But Jesus the same old complaints going on the better part of 15 years is getting very old. I honestly don't care if they come out in pink unitards of they win. Enough is enough we have new uniforms embrace the change and move on. Maybe the next batch you'll like. I promise you if you ask 50 kids ranging from 16-30,80% will like them.

2012 they were perfect

23347.jpg

What was wrong with this weekend's combo?
Really don't like them. The men's basketball and Men's Lax jerseys seem pretty consistent and really look alike, when you really break it down (the white and orange jerseys). I'm not saying there needs to be complete consistency throughout the sports, but I think most like plainer jerseys. I'm weird, though, and like the traditional basketball and lax jerseys, along with what we wore last year and the new orange jersey, even if it isn't quite the shade of Orange I'd hoped for. I like the color of those lax shorts, and not so much the color of the men's bball jerseys... but, yeah, still think too much is going on with this top.

ETA: It probably says a lot about perception, too. If the lax team does something crazy with uniforms, most people won't complain, because they're an unstoppable force. A middling football team does it, and it'll probably make more people upset, just because the desired results haven't been there in the last decade.