Orange jerseys are coming | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Orange jerseys are coming

I hope that the Gross version of Brand goes the same way as the dodo. Just because Gross is incompetent doesn't mean that we can't have unis that honor the past and are "cool"...

I agree. What we have now does not do that. At all.

You know better. No one thinks recruits sign because of any Uni. But those who say it doesn't matter at all are really, really out of touch.

And you are "in touch"?

Tell us about you.

How old are you?

Were you recruited to play at a Division I Program?

Do you have children who have been recruited?

Do you maintain communication with the SU Football Coaching Staff?

I'm not being confrontational - I'm trying to understand your perspective.

I personally believe, as you know, that the uniform is for the fan base - for the program - for the alums.

A kid may not like the Michigan winged helmet, but who the hell cares. It's symbolic of the tradition of the program and is synonymous with the success of the program.

The uniform below is symbolic of SU Football Success. It recalls Fourteen Bowl Games - Graves, McPherson, McNabb, Bulluck, Gedney, Harrison, Ismail, Pugh, Chandler Jones and on and on.

That's what is important to me at least and I think to a lot of folks.

nassibhomeaway.jpg

I agree. What we have now does not do that. At all.

I fail to see why we can't have a true alternate uniform and just maintain the traditional one for 80% of the games. The Celtics do this and no one complains (much).

I think this is going to be a moot point b/c any reasonable AD will come in and realize all of these points in about 3-4 minutes.

I'm convinced that we are currently living through another 1970s, where styles are just ridiculously ugly, and a decade or two from now people who like these uniforms now will think to themselves, "what was I thinking?"

Can we please just wear a modern fitting version of this? Why are we complicating this and making ourselves look like tools?

We wore a modern version of that as recently as 2 years ago.

Remember how all those recruits turned us down that year because the uniform wasn't cool?

Dark days, man.

We wore a modern version of that as recently as 2 years ago.

Remember how all those recruits turned us down that year because the uniform wasn't cool?

Dark days, man.

I think it makes us look like an insecure program when we change our uniforms every 2 years with wacky color schemes and number designs. We're like the goth kid in high school who has to dress crazy for attention. Let's just go with our simple and traditional color scheme and wear it forever.

I understand changing designs, numbers, etc. Things change.

This is what I dont like:

Why does NIKE find it completely necessary to destroy and manipulate tradition and color scheme.

Why not use your new blew jersery with orange pants and the orange helmet. Why do you have to reverse it. I like one off uniforms worn for special occassions, but, that doesn't mean you need to destroy the entire color scheme for the entirety of the season. We literally did not see on traditional color scheme in 12 games last year, not one!

Bayside44 said:
"Oregon East" - hammer meets nail.

The Giansante effect?

I'm confused. Everyone wanted orange uniforms, and new orange uniforms we're coming, so what did you expect? Did you think they were going to change the design just for the orange uniform? I didn't. I mean these uniforms are what they are. It's tough to make orange look good no matter what you do. Not sure what everyone wanted other then to hop back into the time machine to the mid 90's?
The uniform of the 90's was a nice uniform. Clemson has a nice orange, Illinois has a nice orange, and then we go for a Texas rust with ed-looking numbers.

The uniform of the 90's was a nice uniform. Clemson has a nice orange, Illinois has a nice orange, and then we go for a Texas rust with . . . . . . ed-looking numbers.
The uniform of the 90's was a nice uniform. Clemson has a nice orange, Illinois has a nice orange, and then we go for a Texas rust with . . . . . . ed-looking numbers.

POST...POST...POST!!!

post post post.jpg

Can we please just wear a modern fitting version of this? Why are we complicating this and making ourselves look like tools?

don_mcpherson.jpg_8336a5a76fddff6ede12e5da1826baf4
Done and ditched. See 2010 - 2012

And you are "in touch"?

Tell us about you.

How old are you?

Were you recruited to play at a Division I Program?

Do you have children who have been recruited?

Do you maintain communication with the SU Football Coaching Staff?

I'm not being confrontational - I'm trying to understand your perspective.

I personally believe, as you know, that the uniform is for the fan base - for the program - for the alums.

A kid may not like the Michigan winged helmet, but who the hell cares. It's symbolic of the tradition of the program and is synonymous with the success of the program.

The uniform below is symbolic of SU Football Success. It recalls Fourteen Bowl Games - Graves, McPherson, McNabb, Bulluck, Gedney, Harrison, Ismail, Pugh, Chandler Jones and on and on.

That's what is important to me at least and I think to a lot of folks.

View attachment 39044

image.jpg
BRAVO!!!! Well stated, my man!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...leans_up_nickname_as_part_of_identity_re.html

The article above was reposted yesterday on Syracuse.com. It's from 2004. I found it interesting that Nike drove the throwback movement, not Darryl. Darryl may have embraced it but it seemed inevitable even if Jake hadn't left.

"Chris McClure, creative director for Nike Team Sports, is pitching a retro look for new Syracuse football uniforms. He envisions a return to what he calls the Jim Brown-esque days, when the Syracuse football jersey was orange with navy numbers or white with navy and orange accents."

I may get slammed for this, but I'd love to see the orange pant/blue jersey for home, orange pant/white jersey for away games, with once a year going all white and all orange.

I may get slammed for this, but I'd love to see the orange pant/blue jersey for home, orange pant/white jersey for away games, with once a year going all white and all orange.
that is pretty much the consensus look & way to play it...by the smart folk here.

the eedeeots are the ones against that.

Why would anyone slam you for that?

that is pretty much the consensus look & way to play it...by the smart folk here.

the eedeeots are the ones against that.
Why would anyone slam you for that?
Well, the new orange jerseys haven't been as big a hit as we'd all have hoped/expected, plus the fact that most of the blue hairs think that SU should never mix up anything with the jerseys.

Upstate said:

That's what it should be.

Well, the new orange jerseys haven't been as big a hit as we'd all have hoped/expected, plus the fact that most of the blue hairs think that SU should never mix up anything with the jerseys.
couldnt be further from the truth.

that is the problem, nobody listens to what us bluehairs are saying.

they can change it, tweak it, make it hip, make it cool, make it hot, make it faster, make it slower, make it waterproof, make it bulletproof, make it a spacesuit, give it a cape, give it emoticons, give it lightenbolts, give it wegmans patches, do whatever the F they want with it...just keep it Syracuse.

and for Syracuse...that means feature the mothagodamnphuckiing color ORANGE.

AT ALL TIMES.

that said...we get the fluking one-offs, but sweet jiminychristmas is it too much to put some ORANGE in them too???

and a one-off means one.

uno.

un.

eine.

一个

just once.

why doesn't one of the local papers actually talk with the kids and/or recruits and with half a dozen picture examples ask the question of what they do or don't like and then do the same with a sample of alums/season ticket holders/people on the street and see what people think.

I'm sure someone did some research but I know they didn't ask the season ticket holder or alums fanbase the question. Perhaps some random sample of inner city vs country kids was done?

I mean...what's wrong with this, for instance?

Screen_Shot_2014-04-16_at_8.34.52_PM.png

Other than the fact that it's freaking Illinois, that is.