ORANGE UNITED NIL | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ORANGE UNITED NIL

I just joined as well from all the Fran talk and knowing that this is our one true chance of getting into the picture. If he doesn’t succeed and we all do what we think we do to help the program, than maybe we are a dwindling team and can’t recover.

His attitude and his belief is what made me put my money in the NiL.

If everyone who has never donated in the past, donates half a months entertainment budget, that’s our 1% better mentality. Maybe in a year that donation doubles with excitement and hope.

For those who have joined, what type of transparency is involved after you join? For example, do they say which players receive what amount etc?

This isn’t meant as a negative, I am genuinely curious.

Not 100% sure but I don’t think they’d make that public.

Just joined with a $44 one time. One day soon when we are done with our own separate SyraCruz NIL collective and join in with this one, the fairly substantial $ I put to that will go here with a decent monthly membership.

It’s a new day with this stuff and Coach Fran, let the new era begin.

Last edited:
For those who have joined, what type of transparency is involved after you join? For example, do they say which players receive what amount etc?

This isn’t meant as a negative, I am genuinely curious.

I don't think they report on individual players but I did see that they pay out a minimum of 85% of all donations directly to athletes. I thought that was pretty good.

I'm glad the subscription model is offered. It's easier for people to put $10, $25 or $50 on a credit card monthly, set it and forget it, then asking them to pony up $120, $300 or $600 once a year.

The more you get to do it, the more it adds up. Sure, work the whales, but get the little people in volume. There are a lot of us out there.

Hopefully they did it in perpetuity. i.e. you have to cancel it on your own. I used to do a monthly recurring donation to whatever the Ernie Davis Club became. At one point I noticed that it wasn't hitting my credit card anymore. Turned out it hadn't been for about 6 months. Because, unknown to me at the time, when you did a subsription they would only run it for a max of 12 or 18 months, then it shut off. No one from the AD called to ask me to renew. Not smart.

I'm glad the subscription model is offered. It's easier for people to put $10, $25 or $50 on a credit card monthly, set it and forget it, then asking them to pony up $120, $300 or $600 once a year.

The more you get to do it, the more it adds up. Sure, work the whales, but get the little people in volume. There are a lot of us out there.

Hopefully they did it in perpetuity. i.e. you have to cancel it on your own. I used to do a monthly recurring donation to whatever the Ernie Davis Club became. At one point I noticed that it wasn't hitting my credit card anymore. Turned out it hadn't been for about 6 months. Because, unknown to me at the time, when you did a subsription they would only run it for a max of 12 or 18 months, then it shut off. No one from the AD called to ask me to renew. Not smart.
If I'm remembering correctly from when I signed up yesterday, I believe there was an option to set auto-renew that was defaulted to "on".

Someone else correct me if I'm misremembering.

If I'm remembering correctly from when I signed up yesterday, I believe there was an option to set auto-renew that was defaulted to "on".

Yes, but I think that this is to ensure the "Subscription" model of a monthly renewal

I don't remember, but hopefully defaults to being checked. Make the person uncheck it.

The $30 to avoid ads was something I paid today. I'm just shelling out money these days, not like it's Christmas season or anything. But I do recall that one having an unchecked box that you could make that an annual donation. That one I figured I'd just do every year when the ads start annoying me.

I don't remember, but hopefully defaults to being checked. Make the person uncheck it.

The $30 to avoid ads was something I paid today. I'm just shelling out money these days, not like it's Christmas season or anything. But I do recall that one having an unchecked box that you could make that an annual donation. That one I figured I'd just do every year when the ads start annoying me.

I just did the same thing!

The pop-up ads that block the whole page, then remain at the bottom, that you have to click TWICE to make go away, and then they come RIGHT BACK AGAIN like some sorta damn ad zombie apocalypse!!

Us BSB's (BigShot Bast@rds) are gonna have to take this over to the No Peasants thread. ;)

Now, for some grey poupon.

You're 100% right on the " set it and forget it" model. I've been "donating " $10/ a month to planet fitness for about 10yrs now :)

I just did the same thing!

The pop-up ads that block the whole page, then remain at the bottom, that you have to click TWICE to make go away, and then they come RIGHT BACK AGAIN like some sorta damn ad zombie apocalypse!!

Us BSB's (BigShot Bast@rds) are gonna have to take this over to the No Peasants thread. ;)

Now, for some grey poupon.

Yeah, on the Safari app it was driving me crazy. The attack comes from the sides, like a couple of velociraptors.

You're 100% right on the " set it and forget it" model. I've been "donating " $10/ a month to planet fitness for about 10yrs now :)

Same here.

And then that annual $30 pops in and I think, I want to quit the gym! But I never do, just in case.

a0c396bc-1bdf-4eff-8fd3-06a73dd39dc8_text.gif

I’ve been in for a while, but don’t forget about our SyraCRUZ NIL initiative! Hoping to continue for at least one more year if support is there. We launched before any of the formal collectives, have raised nearly $40,000 and have supported 28 Orange student athletes in six different sports.
You should always remember your first love!

I’ve been in for a while, but don’t forget about our SyraCRUZ NIL initiative! Hoping to continue for at least one more year if support is there. We launched before any of the formal collectives, have raised nearly $40,000 and have supported 28 Orange student athletes in six different sports.
You should always remember your first love!
We have your back. We know where it all started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom