Orangeyes going viral!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes going viral!!

I am writing to Mike Waters to thank him for this article. WOW! I went to see Dan once about 6 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to get back. Am driving to Boston on Friday but will sure be thinking about him.

Dan, you and I chatted a lot when I worked as an EP at a local TV station. We did some stories about what you were doing with the Ernie Davis Statue, and I just thought how amazing it was that you would put that much effort into doing something that even the SU administration seemed to turn a blind eye to. The chats we had I remember you as being a friendly, nice guy. I don't know you well, but I feel like I do through this board and those conversations.

Good luck on the upcoming operation. I will be praying for your speedy recovery, as will the thousands that know you just through this board.

I posted in the thread in the football forum, but it can't be said enough.

Dan - you are the lifeblood of this forum, a place that is my second home. You're probably too humble to realize the impact you have on many of us, but you better believe it.

Still hoping to get my ass kicked by you and Tom on the golf course this summer, so do what you do best, and kick ass.

Great article. And 44 years of marriage? That is super. I met Bruno L. in Phoenix this winter. He and his wife were doing an art seminar, and the administrator of the art school was an SU grad. I didn't know you were the man behind this all.

That article blew me away---very thorough job by Mike Waters covering all the bases. Came across it last night when I was catching up on the day on Twitter. I e-mailed Dan after reading it and he immediately responded back (around 11pm)--some things never change--"Dan the Man" still never sleeps! Good luck on Friday Dan---not only Syracusefan.com, but now all of OrangeNation has your back with thoughts and prayers!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...on_faces_major_surgery_on.html#incart_m-rpt-2

GodSpeed my Orange friend on the upcoming surgery. May you be back home after 102 days.
Good luck Dan. I never realized ,until I saw the article, that "ORangeyes" was in actuality my softball coach for a small time in the 80's. Umped games in other leagues I was in. Great passionate guy. Think he knows basketball?
Get well soon and I still remember that great place to eat in Split Rock you turned me on to.