Oregon game? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oregon game?

I would ask the board that no one make any low-hanging fruit references/jokes to how a Subaru is the absolute perfect car for this road trip.
OMG. Pretty sure it was a Nissan Xterra. It was 2000, and I remember bombing along some back country road heading to Custer National Park doing 85 with my coworker in the back seat typing out our findings for the day, drinking wine coolers, at 10:30 in the morning. The rest of that day and night was epic. One of the highlights was leaving Custer NP after stopping to check out a group of tatanka that had all these folks with giant lenses on their cameras with tripods. Kevin guns it as we‘re pulling away and the buffalo took off faster than you’d imagine.

Don’t know what you’re missing.
Why spend big bucks to see the top comedians when you can just go walk around a Walmart late night and laugh twice as much?

Meh that's what people of Walmart and social media reels are for.

There is a great chance this game played in South Dakota will be played either on the way to or traveling from the Maui Tournament on November 20-22. It wouldn't make sense to fly all the way to SD at any other time during the season just for a one-off game.

It looks like it is about a 4 hour drive from the Twin Cities so I plan to be there unless Syracuse plays on Thanksgiving Day and I'm guilted into doing family time.

I've figured out the Syracuse connection with this game in South Dakota. Lea Miller-Tooley is the wife of Jim Tooley, the CEO of Basketball USA, a close friend of many in the Syracuse basketball program. She is the person who arranged and led the SU trip to Italy in 2019 and who was working on the cancelled Israel trip. Looks like we traded Israel for South Dakota.

OMG. Pretty sure it was a Nissan Xterra. It was 2000, and I remember bombing along some back country road heading to Custer National Park doing 85 with my coworker in the back seat typing out our findings for the day, drinking wine coolers, at 10:30 in the morning. The rest of that day and night was epic. One of the highlights was leaving Custer NP after stopping to check out a group of tatanka that had all these folks with giant lenses on their cameras with tripods. Kevin guns it as we‘re pulling away and the buffalo took off faster than you’d imagine.
As a Stumpy does!

Sure it's random, but I love this. I love seeing new parts of the country and the arena looks pretty cool. And it's a lot cheaper to go there than a lot of other road trips. I bought very affordable tickets to Minneapolis for me and my son and plan to drive the 3.5 hours and knock a few states off my list (detour to Iowa...).

I totally support Red being the anti Boeheim and scheduling the toughest grind possible OOC to build up the RPI and betting on his dogs to get it back in a weak ACC even if it doesn’t go well though.

Awesome we are Syracuse and JBs cowardice in scheduling grew old.

Other than the Big East schools, I can’t remember our last big home/home series? Amazing in 03 we had a January game with Missouri and then the February @ MSU. Would love to get back to that.

Other than the Big East schools, I can’t remember our last big home/home series? Amazing in 03 we had a January game with Missouri and then the February @ MSU. Would love to get back to that.
Yup, the game with Missouri was the first of our five Big 12 wins that year en route to our Big 12 Championship!

Last edited:

Ill timed matchups against the OBE (Georgetown when it’s lose lose) tournaments in NYC where there is no good outcome ie a bad but tough St John’s team in Brooklyn it’s lose lose and of course we lose anyway just stale with no upside. Once Villanova got really good that’s when you keep the series a loss literally doesn’t matter just like a win at home against Georgetown doesn’t really matter either theyve been like Colgate and UB.

Even bringing in an SEC school would be more fun Florida home and home.

I shouldn’t pile on JB though let’s be honest our 3 recent NCAA runs which do matter plenty of schools go a long time without making the second weekend we’re years we were a coin flip to get in didn’t need an extra loss.

These games you really can’t lose look at WVU this year a bid was never in doubt even when they were under .500 at one point because they played almost all good teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom