Oregon game? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Oregon game?

Just find the old Dome Ranger and borrow his duds.
Yipie ki ay!!! Seriously tho, I was thinking like Denzel in a western or coach Prime or maybe a glitzy Yellowstone take.

From Syracuse and lifelong Syracuse fan. Been to the Dome for a ton of SU football and basketball games growing up. I Joined the Air Force at 19 married my HS GF. Had 2 wonderful kids and traveled all around the world and country for 20 years and finally retired in Minneapolis back in 2014.

My son, now 19, is a huge SU basketball fan. While we make it back to the Cuse every summer to see our families, we’ve only been back to Syracuse once (funeral) in college basketball season when my son was 6. I was able to take him to the Dome for his one and only in-person SU game but not under the greatest circumstances (funeral was the next day).

My son played AAU ball out here in Minneapolis and played a few tournaments at the Pyramid in Sioux Falls during his AAU days. Why am I telling you this? The day they released SU and Oregon were playing in Sioux Falls, I immediately reached out to our families and friends back in Syracuse to keep an ear out for the date they start selling tickets. People I haven’t talked to since HS but FB “friends”, I was a bit desperate.

The Pyramid is cool, but only seats 3,200 so I’m thinking it may be a tough ticket to get. So, here’s why I’m posting this. If anyone has a connection to find out the day those tickets are going to be released, after you get your tickets and of course tell your friends and family in case they are going maybe reply to my post and let me know. I’m definitely taking my son to his second SU game on 17 December one way or another but I’d like to get him (and me) some really good seats too. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out my son…and me…lol

Go Cuse!

I haven't seen any announcement from Syracuse but tickets are on sale for this game vs. Oregon in Sioux Falls SD on December 17th. Game time is 6:00 central local time.

I called the Sandford Pentagon and they told me that Syracuse is the on the Visiting bench.

Many tickets are already sold. Tickets are $47 behind the baskets, and $77 and $87 on the courtsides.

There is only one deck so all seats should be great. Seating capacity is only 3,250 fans.

The Syracuse-Oregon game is now scheduled for noon local/central time per an email I received from Ticketmaster.

The game time will be 10:00 am on the west coast so hopefully the early start time will benefit the Orange.

The Syracuse-Oregon game is now scheduled for noon local/central time per an email I received from Ticketmaster.

The game time will be 10:00 am on the west coast so hopefully the early start time will benefit the Orange.
So the game will tip off at 1 pm EST then? That would be cool.

Amazing how these different companies put out press releases and don't proofread what is written. Maybe I'm just too anal about those things. The game is on a Sunday, not a Saturday.
Nah, they should feel bad about it. It's one thing if you misspell a word, but getting the day of your own game wrong is embarrassing. SU's marketing and press shop has been a mess for decades.

Nah, they should feel bad about it. It's one thing if you misspell a word, but getting the day of your own game wrong is embarrassing. SU's marketing and press shop has been a mess for decades.
I think the press release came from Sanford Sports, and Cuse reposted it, so they both need to take blame. Now, the link is fixed and it has been corrected to Sunday.

This seems like a regular pattern. They will be out, deflating Oregons analytic stats and W-L record only to return for our game and play like world beaters.

I've figured out the Syracuse connection with this game in South Dakota. Lea Miller-Tooley is the wife of Jim Tooley, the CEO of Basketball USA, a close friend of many in the Syracuse basketball program. She is the person who arranged and led the SU trip to Italy in 2019 and who was working on the cancelled Israel trip. Looks like we traded Israel for South Dakota.
Good trade

Can Red rock a cowboy hat and boots out there in Dakota? Coaches wear Hawaiian shirts in those Hawaii tourneys. Red Autry, new sheriff in town.

A new sheriff you say?

1700446537812.gif

Such a random game, but great foresight by Red! Best win of the year so far. If Oregon gets their guys back this could definitely be a Q1 win. We need games like this with the NET system. It helps Syracuse and it helps the ACC just prior to conference play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom