Oronde Gadsden retuning | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden retuning

Villari is a captain, OG is the veteran weapon. I hope Alford comes back as WR 3. He’d kill in that role.

Offense

McCord as Qb
WR - OG, one of the new guys, Alford
TE - Villari
TB - LQA
Really good pieces there. Although I’m expecting it to be Gadsden and all other WRs being new guys.

Land 3 new OLmen and we’re off and running.

Idk if Alford beats out Zeed Haynes for WR3. Haynes was a serious serious talent coming out of high school.
Alford is a multi year starter, Captain, who is three years, at least, older than this guy. Tons of experience and size.

Hayes played in three games in two seasons and has one catch. He’s a three star with speed. Great, I’m sure he improves the unit, not sure it bumps him from buried at Ga to day one starter.

if Long, Pena, Gill, Cahoon, leave fine. Hatcher and Brown can play here, if they choose to leave it’s not the end of the world either.

IMO Alford is a real asset, dude has proven he can make really hard catches, way more than a handful of drops.

Alford is a multi year starter, Captain, who is three years, at least, older than this guy. Tons of experience and size.

Hayes played in three games in two seasons and has one catch. He’s a three star with speed. Great, I’m sure he improves the unit, not sure it bumps him from buried at Ga to day one starter.

if Long, Pena, Gill, Cahoon, leave fine. Hatcher and Brown can play here, if they choose to leave it’s not the end of the world either.

IMO Alford is a real asset, dude has proven he can make really hard catches, way more than a handful of drops.
Wrong. Haynes was at Georgia 1 year and was a top 200 4 star. A player Georgia fans and coaches were legit bummed about entering the portal. His ranking is higher than any WR recruit we have had since Morant and he was poised to get serious run at GA in 2024. You may be thinking of Meeks.

Last edited:
Dream of sugar plum fairies dancing in your heads:

Oronde Gadsden IITER-Jr.
Maximilian MangTESr.
Dan VillariTER-Jr.
David ClementTESo.
Jamie TrembleTEFr.
Elijah WashingtonTEFr.
Damien Alford ?WRSr.
Trebor PenaWRR-Jr.
Kendall LongWRR-Jr.
Umari HatcherWRR-Jr.
Donovan BrownWRR-So.
Darrell Gill, Jr.WRSo.
Bryce CohoonWRR-Fr.
Jackson MeeksWRSr.
Zeed HaynesWRSo.
Ta'Ron HaileWR
Jaylan HornsbyWR
Emanuel RossWR
Ja'Meer ThomasWR
Crazy to me that we would have Gadsden, villari and Tremble all at the same time at TE.

Wrong. Haynes was at Georgia 1 year and was a top 200 4 star. A player Georgia fans and coaches were legit bummed about entering the portal. His ranking is higher than any WR recruit we have had since Morant and he was pissed to get serious run at GA in 2024. You may be thinking of Meeks.
I saw he was a 22 commit, though he enrolled in 22, see he started there last Jan. He made one catch in four appearances. 6-1 170 according to UGA.

Alford is 6-6 210 and has averaged 18.5, 21.5, 19 ypc in his three seasons.

I’m sure Hayes is a great get, but it’s all potential.

I saw he was a 22 commit, though he enrolled in 22, see he started there last Jan. He made one catch in four appearances. 6-1 170 according to UGA.

Hopefully Alford stays

Alford has gone from the the most overrated wr to the most underrated.

So true and now he has a qb that can hit windows or throw to open spots. OG, Alford, Haynes, and Villari at Te is quit a group.

Competition competition competition. We will find out if Alford is a guy that only showed glimpses or if we just never had the QB and oline to use him well. I'm looking forward to seeing guys make plays on a regular basis next year.

Alford did the Senior Walk. There are a few candidates who could get a talk.
Some serious lack of depth at CB right now. Most of the current WRs played two ways in HS and some were being recruited by other programs as DBs. Might not be a bad idea to go back to some of their recruiting profiles...

I think Ross might be the one.

Maybe SDC but to be honest I've never seen any of them play and wouldn't be surprised if it was the young man from Buffalo just would love for one to be that good.

So true and now he has a qb that can hit windows or throw to open spots. OG, Alford, Haynes, and Villari at Te is quit a group.
I wonder if they just call OG an actual WR now. Would love to see him and Villari out there for us. Lots of options.

I wonder if they just call OG an actual WR now. Would love to see him and Villari out there for us. Lots of options.

Honestly I don't care what position they say OG plays as long as he's out there and agree, being out there with DV would be a fantastic option for that fancy new QB.

Some serious lack of depth at CB right now. Most of the current WRs played two ways in HS and some were being recruited by other programs as DBs. Might not be a bad idea to go back to some of their recruiting profiles...
Hopefully they land Barnes. I also think they will land at least one (hopefully both) from Harris and Chappel.

Hopefully they land Barnes. I also think they will land at least one (hopefully both) from Harris and Chappel.
Agree. But right now there are only 11 DBs on the roster including new commits and I am not sure how many of those have the skills to play a press corner. If we are running a 4-2-5 base need to have a minimum of 15 I would think. Add Barnes and Chappel and convert a current WR or 2 to DB and I'll feel better.

I don’t expect us to go 5 wide much. Fran is going to play power football. Would think he goes back to more traditional sets., I think OG moves to wideout and Zeed/Ross/Hornsby compete for the other Wr spot. I think Tremble is going to push Villari too. And I expect a rotation of LQA/Willis where LQA gets 75% of snaps.

I’m not sure many of the wideouts from the Dino era get much play.

The twenty year curse as a result of the unceremonious firing of Hall of Fame Coach Paul Pasqualoni is finally lifted. Beginning in 2024, SU can finally go back to being Syracuse Football again.

However, just to be safe, I would recommend a sacrificial offering of linguini and clam sauce at midfield of the JMA Dome prior to spring practice.

I don’t expect us to go 5 wide much. Fran is going to play power football. Would think he goes back to more traditional sets., I think OG moves to wideout and Zeed/Ross/Hornsby compete for the other Wr spot. I think Tremble is going to push Villari too. And I expect a rotation of LQA/Willis where LQA gets 75% of snaps.

I’m not sure many of the wideouts from the Dino era get much play.
Yeah I'll be interested to see if Brown/Hatcher/Alford portal. Idk.