Oronde Gadsden retuning | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden retuning

Alford is a multi year starter, Captain, who is three years, at least, older than this guy. Tons of experience and size.

Hayes played in three games in two seasons and has one catch. He’s a three star with speed. Great, I’m sure he improves the unit, not sure it bumps him from buried at Ga to day one starter.

if Long, Pena, Gill, Cahoon, leave fine. Hatcher and Brown can play here, if they choose to leave it’s not the end of the world either.

IMO Alford is a real asset, dude has proven he can make really hard catches, way more than a handful of drops.
I just don't think Hatcher has that dog in him that Fran wants, same with Long

I believe it was rumored that Gill or his camp were getting sweet nothings whispered in their ears to transfer closer to home

White lightening is a total mystery but I think that he has the right mentality that Fran wants

Pena might get the talk that he can stay but his role would be spotty at best

I don’t expect us to go 5 wide much. Fran is going to play power football. Would think he goes back to more traditional sets., I think OG moves to wideout and Zeed/Ross/Hornsby compete for the other Wr spot. I think Tremble is going to push Villari too. And I expect a rotation of LQA/Willis where LQA gets 75% of snaps.

I’m not sure many of the wideouts from the Dino era get much play.
Don't forget Meeks. I can see an AET or Trishton kind of jump.

I don’t expect us to go 5 wide much. Fran is going to play power football. Would think he goes back to more traditional sets., I think OG moves to wideout and Zeed/Ross/Hornsby compete for the other Wr spot. I think Tremble is going to push Villari too. And I expect a rotation of LQA/Willis where LQA gets 75% of snaps.

Wonder if villari gets a look still at backfield reps. He runs hard

So true and now he has a qb that can hit windows or throw to open spots. OG, Alford, Haynes, and Villari at Te is quit a group.
Aww come on, you’re going to miss the 5 yards out of bounds passes that our offense became famous for.

Yeah. I think though Fran so far has put an emphasis on attacking basically what the other team sucks at.

Last night Cuse would be throwing it all over if he was in charge as USF had the worst pass defense.

I can see quite a rotation of different sets pending on the opponent. Too many times in the previous era cuse didn’t really adjust to the opponent.

I just don't think Hatcher has that dog in him that Fran wants, same with Long

I believe it was rumored that Gill or his camp were getting sweet nothings whispered in their ears to transfer closer to home

White lightening is a total mystery but I think that he has the right mentality that Fran wants

Pena might get the talk that he can stay but his role would be spotty at best
Sounds right

You have to be open to a large group of receivers. McCord should put up some big numbers with this schedule. I would think we have two shots at 1000 yard receivers.

I just don't think Hatcher has that dog in him that Fran wants
Really?

The skinny guy that blocks really well doesn't have that dog in him?

The guy that comes out of nowhere to chase down the guy that intercepted Shrader right before the half in the Army game doesn't have that dog in him?

Really?

The skinny guy that blocks really well doesn't have that dog in him?

The guy that comes out of nowhere to chase down the guy that intercepted Shrader right before the half in the Army game doesn't have that dog in him?
That same guy who gave up on routes

That same guy who was out muscled against a scrap trash BC team

Yes

That guy

I cant get into specifics but he was approached by as crazy of offers as you’d ever hear from the names I’m sure you can imagine.

He didn’t even entertain them. Kid loves Syracuse.
He and LA had massive offers. Mainly from the teams we all hate. I told everyone here it was dependent on the QB being upgraded. Fran did his job and OG kept his word like he said he would. Big win here

I watched every Georgia game this year have for years. Every week someone different has a big game. And they have a ton of contributors always. That’s what makes them elite. Punching from every angle

That same guy who gave up on routes

That same guy who was out muscled against a scrap trash BC team
The BC thing is hilarious to me as this great play that offends so many. The other dude is trying to make a play too!

Giving up on routes, I mean, I don't know. Passing game had issues. I'm sure it happened sometimes. There also seems to be a lot of miscommunication.

The dude in his first real playing time had a better year than board darling Alford had until this season, but sure, he's got no future. If Fran Brown gives him the talk I trust his assessment, but the fan takes on Hatcher are just dumb.

Great news. With his “10-12 month” recovery time, there will be lots of opportunities for the new guys to prove themselves.

Allen, Villari, OG, Barron, Wax and McDonald imo are the only guarenteed starters if they come back.

Caleb’s gotta continue grinding it out and realizing his potential. Same with Sparrow and Thompson.

Thats just my opinion

I watched every Georgia game this year have for years. Every week someone different has a big game. And they have a ton of contributors always. That’s what makes them elite. Punching from every angle
Dan Villari is not Brock Bowers but Fran clearly saw how you can feature the TE big-time in an offense.

Allen, Villari, OG, Barron, Wax and McDonald imo are the only guarenteed starters if they come back.

Caleb’s gotta continue grinding it out and realizing his potential. Same with Sparrow and Thompson.

Thats just my opinion
I think it’s more about quality 2 deep guys right now and what that looks like. The starters will figure themslves out. DB’s, OL, DL, WR’s, QB need a complete rebuild.

We need to get as many of the HS’ers early enrolled as possible. That’s critical.

My gut says half the roster needs to be turned over this offseason. Frans already identified 24 kids - so about 16 more to go.

2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB set could be a serious issue for most opposing teams we play next year.

Yeah, it sounds like it's going to be a more pro style offense. The NFL has shifted back towards more heavy sets with players who can line up everywhere to create matchup advantages (see: Shanahan offense)

Hopefully this can lead to more SU skill players (RB/WR/TE) getting drafted to the NFL

I think it’s more about quality 2 deep guys right now and what that looks like. The starters will figure themslves out. DB’s, OL, DL, WR’s, QB need a complete rebuild.

We need to get as many of the HS’ers early enrolled as possible. That’s critical.

My gut says half the roster needs to be turned over this offseason. Frans already identified 24 kids - so about 16 more to go.
Don't be surprised if after last night the number being asked to leave isn't closer to 25.