Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG" | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG"

Think OG leads in yards, TD’s, targets

Think Isaiah has a chance to lead receptions

I think IJ is going to light it up. Those two are a tough match up. Throw in Alford and you have 3 NFL sized players to cover. Allen out of the backfield and Pena and this is a very potent offense.

I’ve been high on Jones being the one who is most likely going to step up at WR. I’ve thought that ever since before last season started after Anae’s comments in the spring game about him being the most productive WR that spring. But if you think he’s going to outperform OG I think you’ll be disappointed. just because he may be the best WR on the roster doesn’t mean he is going to be very close to OG in production. For one I think that comment was excluding OG as OG is a TE. And Jones development was likely set back a tad because of last years injury The fact that he started 3 or 4 games last year without showing too much production should temper your expectations a bit. He could be solid but I don’t expect him to be spectacular in 2023.

Also I think the hybrid TE seems to be more of a focal point position in this offense. I Also think it’s just more likely for that position to be a favorite target for Shrader as he doesn’t have a really strong arm and the deep outs and accuracy on go routes to wideouts on the outside aren’t exactly his strength. But maybe surgery in his elbow can help improve his game in those areas.
He didn't say anything about outperforming. Read his comment again. He said he thinks he'll get nearly as many targets because OG will attract the bulk of attention from opposing defenses. Then his last sentence complimented OG, saying he's an NFL player.

He didn't say anything about outperforming. Read his comment again. He said he thinks he'll get nearly as many targets because OG will attract the bulk of attention from opposing defenses. Then his last sentence complimented OG, saying he's an NFL player.
The discussion was about receptions and not targets. I don’t think that’s going to happen even with the attention OG is going to get. But if it does that would be great.

There is a non 0 chance we see 2016 WR numbers. 1 dominant guy (Amba then OG now) and a few other guys in the 50-90 reception range

It’s the deepest crew from bottom to top since then in my view

The discussion was about receptions and not targets. I don’t think that’s going to happen even with the attention OG is going to get. But if it does that would be great.
If the discussion was about receptions, why did you say "outperform" in the comment I responded to when he didn't say that? He clearly said he believed OG would have the bigger impact. It's almost like you were searching for disrespect of OG that wasn't there.

I hope OG has a huge year. I hope other guys do too. We need balance, both for our team success and so teams can't just focus on any indivudual and shut them down.

If the discussion was about receptions, why did you say "outperform" in the comment I responded to when he didn't say that? He clearly said he believed OG would have the bigger impact. It's almost like you were searching for disrespect of OG that wasn't there.

I hope OG has a huge year. I hope other guys do too. We need balance, both for our team success and so teams can't just focus on any indivudual and shut them down.
Because more targets is not outperforming. But if somebody gets more receptions than OG you “could” consider that outperforming him no? Not searching for disrespect towards OG at all. And I’d love better balance as we all would. I just don’t think somebody will get more receptions than him.

Because more targets is not outperforming. But if somebody gets more receptions than OG you “could” consider that outperforming him no? Not searching for disrespect towards OG at all. And I’d love better balance as we all would. I just don’t think somebody will get more receptions than him.
No it wouldn't be considered outperforming. Not if OG has more yards, TD's, and targets as was said in post #252. It would be similar to Sean Riley and Jamal Custis in 2018. You're latching on to a prediction of one stat that wasn't even stated strongly and ignoring the others that were predicted he would lead.

It's fine that you think nobody will get more receptions than him. There's a good chance you're right. It just doesn't make sense to expand someone else's reasonable comment to say more than what was said.

Tampa newspaper questioning why native Fla football players are leaving the state to play college football. #1 Oronde Gadsden II.

Lol, Dallas Turner. Appreciate his honesty.

Those are all valid reasons. Under-recruited, being able to start, Bama being Bama, coaching stability, etc.

Seems fair on all accounts.

A lot of talk about OG going pro, or playing at SU next season... I recall they described the recovery from that type of injury is at least a year. I don't see how an NFL team would draft a guy who would miss all of camp and at least 1/4 of the season before he could even start practicing FB again.

Even at SU, he probably would miss half of next season at best.

Anyone have any updates on him?

A lot of talk about OG going pro, or playing at SU next season... I recall they described the recovery from that type of injury is at least a year. I don't see how an NFL team would draft a guy who would miss all of camp and at least 1/4 of the season before he could even start practicing FB again.

Why would he miss half the season?

I saw the article that said 10-12 months, seems like a longer than usual recovery

Man you can't bump this thread. I read the title and thought "god damn it not again."
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I have been told he is coming back. He also had a say in the hiring of our head coach, from what I heard.

?? Lisfrac injuries could be a bit tricky but depending on the severity he would miss 4-6 weeks if it was a sprain with no surgery required, or up to 9-12 months if fractured which i believe that was the case. Elite athletes with the amount of professional rehab they go through , and the age of a healthy, super freak athlete, i would lean towards the shorter end of the 9-12 months. My guess he will be back at camp in a red non-contact jersey and be ready to go full bore once the season counts. I also know how times have changed but i don’t know how these athletes play sports in low top sneakers. Speaking personally from someone who had multiple, serious, ankle injuries during my college career i used to not only have my feet taped, but i used ankle compression sleeves and high top shoes for extra support.

This I know for certain-
Staying at cuse is his number 1 priority but it’s based on who is QB. He was not staying if there was not an upgrade
Transferring is his second option if number 1 doesn’t happen
Going pro is his last option. He knows the injury crushed his draft stock so he knows it’s best for him to come back and play college ball next year

He did get offers to transfer but waited to see how the search went and what’s happening with QB. Lequint also got huge offers but he’s not going anywhere

I could certainly see them talking with OG about bringing in a new head coach and asking him questions and trying to gauge what is needed. Obviously in no way was he making the final decision. But its smart to get input from players to see how they will respond to a new hire. Plus it makes OG feel like he is part of the transition and he would probably be more positive about it and be more likely to stay.

Last edited:
?? Lisfrac injuries could be a bit tricky but depending on the severity he would miss 4-6 weeks if it was a sprain with no surgery required, or up to 9-12 months if fractured which i believe that was the case. Elite athletes with the amount of professional rehab they go through , and the age of a healthy, super freak athlete, i would lean towards the shorter end of the 9-12 months. My guess he will be back at camp in a red non-contact jersey and be ready to go full bore once the season counts. I also know how times have changed but i don’t know how these athletes play sports in low top sneakers. Speaking personally from someone who had multiple, serious, ankle injuries during my college career i used to not only have my feet taped, but i used ankle compression sleeves and high top shoes for extra support.
Agree. Many bball players love the low tops too. I was never a college athlete by any means but I’ve had some bad ankle sprains in my life like most have that played basketball. Actually just had one last week stepping on someone during a pick up game. Not as bad as one I had previously (could have been grade 3- ptsd from that), but certainly worse than just a minor roll and keep playing. They suck, a lot, and can be tricky. And the bruising and swelling lingers.

I can see why the low top shoes are easier for maneuverability but some of these ones these guys wear seem like nothing.

I hurt my ankle in college and of course just kept on playing.. it was only after a few years that I actually got it looked at and found out what damage I had done when it kept just going out.

The good result was that when i played football and cut hard it would go out and I would go down on a dime and cut what quicker than the guys guarding me.. Then I realized that going full speed and a baseball pop up slide I could way make way faster cuts at speed then the guys trying to backpaddle in and out of a cut.. So I used it to stop and cut or sometimes stop and go with no deceleration.. the wetter it was the better it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom