Oshae Brissett is this week’s ACC Rookie of the Week | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett is this week’s ACC Rookie of the Week

Oh god. If he keeps doing this double double thing we can lose him this year. I’m torn

There is no way he stays. He is Malachi with a better motor basically. And on this years team he is going to put up crazy numbers. The guy is an absolute stud and will get drafted this summer.

There is no way he stays. He is Malachi with a better motor basically. And on this years team he is going to put up crazy numbers. The guy is an absolute stud and will get drafted this summer.

Have you seen his numbers? He's shooting 38% from and 29% from three, no chance he's going anywhere until those get bette, much better.

Have you seen his numbers? He's shooting 38% from and 29% from three, no chance he's going anywhere until those get bette, much better.
Those numbers are meaningless if some team is in love with the rest of his game.

I do think he would be better off in the long run if he strongly improved his efficiency. He won't last in the NBA if he can't shoot. Wes Johnson has hung on because he can hit the 3. Oshae is a better rebounder, but isn't at that shooting level or finishing at the rim level yet. There are numerous guys his size that can shoot and score better than he can, so that's where he needs to improve.

I could see him being a late 1st this year, but a possible lottery selection next year.

Those numbers are meaningless if some team is in love with the rest of his game.

I do think he would be better off in the long run if he strongly improved his efficiency. He won't last in the NBA if he can't shoot. Wes Johnson has hung on because he can hit the 3. Oshae is a better rebounder, but isn't at that shooting level or finishing at the rim level yet. There are numerous guys his size that can shoot and score better than he can, so that's where he needs to improve.

I could see him being a late 1st this year, but a possible lottery selection next year.

Wes Johnson also plays great defense, that's why he's hung around.

The numbers aren't meaningless, nobody is drafting a 3 who's shooting less than 40% from 2 and less than 30% from 3.

Wes Johnson also plays great defense, that's why he's hung around.

The numbers aren't meaningless, nobody is drafting a 3 who's shooting less than 40% from 2 and less than 30% from 3.
True, meaningless is not the right word. Less important is probably a better way to describe them. His athleticism and size are what'll get him in the 1st round.

True, meaningless is not the right word. Less important is probably a better way to describe them. His athleticism and size are what'll get him in the 1st round.

Find me a player with > 40% from 2 and > 30% from 3 who's been drafted in the first round that is a small forward.

Probably going to get paid for 2 years... then off to Europe to try to make some dough before reality sets in.

The NBA is killing college ball.

NBA G League Stats

Yeah he’s going to have to pick it up from 3 to make it back to the NBA, IMO. Wow, that Reno team...him, Justin Jackson, Skal Labisserie (he’s killing it and will be fine...averaging 28/15.5!), Aaron Harrison (also doing well), Matt Jones, David Stockton, all on that team.

Yeah he’s going to have to pick it up from 3 to make it back to the NBA, IMO. Wow, that Reno team...him, Justin Jackson, Skal Labisserie (he’s killing it and will be fine...averaging 28/15.5!), Aaron Harrison (also doing well), Matt Jones, David Stockton, all on that team.

And they're 5-9. Shows how much talent is really in that league.

If Battle wasn’t a first rounder last year I don’t see how Oshae is this year.

Definitely had a good game (fantastic 2nd half) but still lot of season remains. As several indicated his shooting is a bit down yet. He could get better even lots better. But how many slots in the first round and is it possible that both Battle and Brissett would go in the first round? If that happens, then my hat is off to them. Would either of them leave if not a first round selection? Not really sure how many "locked in" first rounders there are in 2018 draft.

Probably going to get paid for 2 years... then off to Europe to try to make some dough before reality sets in.

The NBA is killing college ball.

NBA G League Stats
Unfortunately for Malachi, the G League is filled with millionaires. College ball is at a real tough point right now. That's why you see more mid majors being talked about since they keep their guys for four years. And you see more upsets cause rosters are being flipped yearly. Recruiting is important but X's and O's and injuries are even more important. You could argue that a four year guy like Howard Washington might be more important that someone who stays one year. That being said, these kids are crazy not to go after their freshman year if they are going to be a first round draft pick. It's the kids who have no chance of being drafted that leave and end up in Europe with a very slim chance of ever sniffing the NBA.

Find me a player with > 40% from 2 and > 30% from 3 who's been drafted in the first round that is a small forward.

You flipped your sign the wrong way. That reads "greater than 40%" and "greater than 30%."

Not saying he will get drafted this year but Boeheim seems to think he is a better shooter than he has shown. Richardson didn't really shoot the ball that well while here .37 FG% and .353 3P%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom