OT: 100 out of 110 from top of the key | Syracusefan.com

OT: 100 out of 110 from top of the key

Eric15

Living Legend
My brother-in-law (who played D3 and coaches high school now in the Philadelphia area) made 100 out of 110 three pointers from the top of the key. I thought that was a cool enough feat to share on here. If I made 50 out of 110 I'd feel like Reggie Miller.

There is a lesson to be learned here. This guy shot 91% over a span of 110 shots - an absolutely amazing percentage, but in his first 2 shots he was only 50%. Remember that when the season starts and the griping starts about such and such a player sucking because they have a bad shooting game or two.

There is a lesson to be learned here. This guy shot 91% over a span of 110 shots - an absolutely amazing percentage, but in his first 2 shots he was only 50%. Remember that when the season starts and the griping starts about such and such a player sucking because they have a bad shooting game or two.
How about 0/12? Can we gripe then? When is it okay to gripe?

i fully agree that large samples are closer to the truth.

such and such player has taken a lot of shots already

My brother-in-law (who played D3 and coaches high school now in the Philadelphia area) made 100 out of 110 three pointers from the top of the key. I thought that was a cool enough feat to share on here. If I made 50 out of 110 I'd feel like Reggie Miller.

Next time we get a shooting guard I want to see something like this as the highlight video!!!

I can't make that promise.

How about 0/12? Can we gripe then? When is it okay to gripe?

You are free to gripe, I am just trying to help add some perspective. He missed 10 shots in this video. He could have missed shots #2 - #12 all in a row and still shot 91%.

exactly how I pictured him to look. Old man game to a T. He is probably hated at the Y by the younger generation.

Please mods I beg you to make a Cooney containment thread for the upcoming season.

Reactions: cto

Or how about when the other team makes their first 2 and it's time to get out of the zone?

Or how about when the other team makes their first 2 and it's time to get out of the zone?

Yep, same concept. I have always said Boeheim is more baseball manager than basketball coach when it comes to how he handles personnel and game situations. He plays the percentages. Sometimes to a fault!

Kinda funny that he missed the second shot and didn't just start over.

Is he over 30? If so, please ask him if he would consider moving to Vermont to play on my old man league team. We need shooters. The guy who sponsors the team owns a beer store so he'd have that going for him.

Very cool.

By the way, ask him if he'd take the chance to do the challenge talked about on ESPN the other day. Take one shot (no warmups) from the top of the key (even a high school top like he was shooting on...) and if he makes it, he never misses from the NBA 3-point line (+ 2') and in, and if he misses, he never makes a shot again. Ever.

I'd do it, but my playing days are coming to an end anyway.

Is he over 30? If so, please ask him if he would consider moving to Vermont to play on my old man league team. We need shooters. The guy who sponsors the team owns a beer store so he'd have that going for him.

Very cool.

By the way, ask him if he'd take the chance to do the challenge talked about on ESPN the other day. Take one shot (no warmups) from the top of the key (even a high school top like he was shooting on...) and if he makes it, he never misses from the NBA 3-point line (+ 2') and in, and if he misses, he never makes a shot again. Ever.

I'd do it, but my playing days are coming to an end anyway.

I'm confused, what is the challenge exactly?

When it's Cooney... Duh. Ya new here or something?

It's a legitimate gripe when you close out the season shooting 15% from three point range in your last 6 games and 20% in your last 10. Those are Ovcina numbers.

I'm confused, what is the challenge exactly?

I will grant you the ability to never miss any shot from just a couple feet outside the NBA 3-point line and in if you make a single shot from the top of the key (3-pointer distance). If you miss however, you will never make any basketball shot again in your life. You don't get any warm up shots though.

Would you take that challenge? I would, but I'm 46.

What? ESPN is running this how? What do they do if you miss, chop your arms off?

What? ESPN is running this how? What do they do if you miss, chop your arms off?

It's a hypothetical. Man, I'm really bad at communicating tonight. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom