OT: 100 out of 110 from top of the key | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: 100 out of 110 from top of the key

It's a legitimate gripe when you close out the season shooting 15% from three point range in your last 6 games and 20% in your last 10. Those are Ovcina numbers.

I'd see your point if the gripes started during the slump or even intensified during that slump, but they were present and tenacious even during the 25 games prior, in which he shot 34% from deep... or the 12 conference games before that when he was at 33%.

Great numbers? No. Average? Maybe. Bad? I don't think so. The weird thing is there are plenty who think he's terrible; not below average not bad, terrible as a 3-point shooter. And they remind us constantly. Yet, there is nobody claiming he's of above average ability as a 3-point shooting SG. Odd.

My brother-in-law (who played D3 and coaches high school now in the Philadelphia area) made 100 out of 110 three pointers from the top of the key. I thought that was a cool enough feat to share on here. If I made 50 out of 110 I'd feel like Reggie Miller.

pretty sure thats danny ferry.

I will grant you the ability to never miss any shot from just a couple feet outside the NBA 3-point line and in if you make a single shot from the top of the key (3-pointer distance). If you miss however, you will never make any basketball shot again in your life. You don't get any warm up shots though.

Would you take that challenge? I would, but I'm 46.
You won't make another shot for the rest of your life from the top of the key behind the arc? Or just anywhere on the court?

You won't make another shot for the rest of your life from the top of the key behind the arc? Or just anywhere on the court?

Anywhere.

Is he over 30? If so, please ask him if he would consider moving to Vermont to play on my old man league team. We need shooters. The guy who sponsors the team owns a beer store so he'd have that going for him.

Very cool.

By the way, ask him if he'd take the chance to do the challenge talked about on ESPN the other day. Take one shot (no warmups) from the top of the key (even a high school top like he was shooting on...) and if he makes it, he never misses from the NBA 3-point line (+ 2') and in, and if he misses, he never makes a shot again. Ever.

I'd do it, but my playing days are coming to an end anyway.

Where's the fun in that?

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/a-nice-place-to-visit-12612/

Yep, same concept. I have always said Boeheim is more baseball manager than basketball coach when it comes to how he handles personnel and game situations. He plays the percentages. Sometimes to a fault!

Small gripe, but this is part of what bothers me about when he is fine letting the other team slow down the game. If you want to play the percentages, you need as many possessions in each game to let the numbers work out. (that being said, i wouldn't be surprised if maybe there was a correlation between letting th eother team milk clock and them launching long threes, so it's entirely possible i have no idea what I'm talking about)

It's a legitimate gripe when you close out the season shooting 15% from three point range in your last 6 games and 20% in your last 10. Those are Ovcina numbers.
if you look at lots of numbers, you're going back too far and things might be different

if you look at too few numbers, you're cherry picking

there are no legitimate gripes

Is he over 30? If so, please ask him if he would consider moving to Vermont to play on my old man league team.

Haha, he's only 28. The baldness makes him look older from a distance but he looks young close up.

Haha, he's only 28. The baldness makes him look older from a distance but he looks young close up.

Then he has time to get his affairs in order down there and put out some feelers to schools in VT.

Man performs impressive basketball trick shots

My brother-in-law made two straight behind-the-back shots from half court and its featured on MSN. Pretty neat.

He's starting his own shooting school and has actually been in communication with Dwight Howard's agent to work with him in the off-season.

I'm sending my 14-year old down to work with him as soon as he opens up.

Funny thread to see opened up again. The old man league I used to play in has folded as the building where we played has been condemned. Now it's just pick-up ball for me.

My brother-in-law (who played D3 and coaches high school now in the Philadelphia area) made 100 out of 110 three pointers from the top of the key. I thought that was a cool enough feat to share on here. If I made 50 out of 110 I'd feel like Reggie Miller.

Glad our 100% zone D never had to face that dude! ;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom