OT: Bills/Colts | Syracusefan.com

OT: Bills/Colts

jekelish

Living Legend
This Buffalo offense looks awfully familiar...

Also I have to admit Manuel looks a lot better than I'd expected.

I also realize the coverage (NFL Network) is from the Colts, and I have not watched the whole game, but I haven't seen them show or even mention Doug or Hackett even once.

I noticed the same thing. No mention of marrone. Is this common when it's the other team's coverage?

Manuel did look alright. IMO bills made a good choice picking Manuel (at least over nassib)

I've watched the whole game so far and you are correct, they haven't mentioned either of them. I'm plesently surprised with how Manuel has looked, especially on the final drive where he completed I believe 9/10 passes and scrambled once for a first down. I know it is only preseason and I might be biased, but I think these Bills will be much improved this season.

Goodwin is a beast. Woods looks like the real deal to go opposite Stevie. EJ was impressive after looking a bit hurried early and the defense looks MUCH improved. CJ is CJ.

Goodwin is a beast. Woods looks like the real deal to go opposite Stevie. EJ was impressive after looking a bit hurried early and the defense looks MUCH improved. CJ is CJ.

After seeing Woods in our game against USC last year I figured he would be a solid NFL receiver. I'm glad he is a Bill.

Hopefully with Chip Kelly and Doug Marrone running these offenses the networks catch on and don't jump into plays as they are hiking the ball. Crazy fast pace.

I know it's against 2nd and 3rd stringers but Jeff Tuel is looking niceeee. Hate to be the guy who has to make WR cuts. My hope: Stevie, Woods, Graham, Goodwin, Easley, Rogers.

2nd drive if the fourth. Has Chibane gotten any run yet? Did I miss it? I thought he looked better than a lot of the guys I saw at training camp. Really hope he sticks.

Provos in right now

Certain minds are being blown. Lots of conflicting emotions I'm sure.

One thing that you can attribute to Marrone and the coaching staff is that this team just feels different. They look different, more attitude, harder hitting, disciplined and extremely aggressive. First team looked good against Colts first team and the second and third units just destroyed the Colts backups. That being said, Preseason Game 1. None of this really matters until they show it against the Pats week 1.

Love Marrone and Hacketts approach to offense. Very entertaining and effective. IMO the Bills are better or the same than last year at every position besides maybe guard.

Absolutely love the young WRs. Huge upgrade.

I know I may be crazy but I could see them at 8-8. Great season to build on for a young team.

I got what was obviously the Bills feed and there was plenty of Marrone. Bills looked good but it's the first exhibition.

Love Marrone and Hacketts approach to offense. Very entertaining and effective. IMO the Bills are better or the same than last year at every position besides maybe guard.

Absolutely love the young WRs. Huge upgrade.

I know I may be crazy but I could see them at 8-8. Great season to build on for a young team.

If they truly have improved position by position as much as we think there is nothing crazy about 8-8. After all they were 6-10 last year. Perhaps the greatest improvement now and going forward is this coaching staff. Great mix of brains and enthusiasm.

Even the players they have in different positions looked the part. Aaron Williams who was a huge letdown at CB looked like a pretty bada$$ safety. Mario Williams looks to be the leader of Pettines defense. The new additions on defense looked great. Kiko Alonso has impressed all camp and shined again today. Manny Lawson had a great game and Hughes is a wayyyyy better fit and player, for that matter, than Kelvin Sheppard. I really think this defense can be something special. The talent is clearly there and Pettine is a very good Coach. Keep in mind McKelvin and Byrd didn't even play. The only real gain the defense let up was on Brooks for the TD who was in McKelvins spot.

Certain minds are being blown. Lots of conflicting emotions I'm sure.

Yeah, NFL preseason games are a veritable cauldron of emotion.

A lot of different receivers but I didn't see Nick Provo get a catch... missed a block too.

I'll be surprised if this team goes 8-8. I just don't think Manuel is close to ready to be a quality starter. Even yesterday, his accuracy looked pretty poor until the last couple of throws he made on the 2 minute drill (which was also against the Colts backups at that point).

And this was also the case in the Bills live scrimmage. Manuel couldn't get a single first down against the first string defense and then he faced the backups for his final drive in the 2 minute drill and went down the field with ease.

He's going to struggle once defenses stop playing vanilla like they do in preseason. He still struggles badly getting past his first read.

But at the end of the day, buffalo picked him for his potential, and he has a lot of it. And a good head on his shoulders as well. I'm confident he'll eventually figure it out.

I'll be surprised if this team goes 8-8. I just don't think Manuel is close to ready to be a quality starter. Even yesterday, his accuracy looked pretty poor until the last couple of throws he made on the 2 minute drill (which was also against the Colts backups at that point).

And this was also the case in the Bills live scrimmage. Manuel couldn't get a single first down against the first string defense and then he faced the backups for his final drive in the 2 minute drill and went down the field with ease.

He's going to struggle once defenses stop playing vanilla like they do in preseason. He still struggles badly getting past his first read.

But at the end of the day, buffalo picked him for his potential, and he has a lot of it. And a good head on his shoulders as well. I'm confident he'll eventually figure it out.
My biggest concern and surprise about him was that he had a lot of air under most of his passes... other than his TD pass I don't think I saw one pass that I would term a strike. I thought his rep was that he has a very strong arm. He seemed to be guiding the ball into the target rather than actually throwing it so hopefully as he gets more comfortable he will start letting it rip on his passes. If he doesn't he's going to get a few pick sixes on those sideline patterns that take forever to get there, he almost had one today.

They showed Marrone... I confirmed it was him because of the horseshoe packed in his bottom lip.

Ah, gotta love the preseason "the bills could be good this year" optimism. I'll check back in after week 1.

Can't wait for the Pats to go 6-10 this year.

Ah, gotta love the preseason "the bills could be good this year" optimism. I'll check back in after week 1.

I think the most positive assessment was hoping for an 8-8 season, a pretty far cry from a Rex Ryan superbowl guarantee. After having the issues this franchise has had coming out and hanging 44 pts against anybody is a positive scene not to mention a Defense that actually blitzed for a change. There obviously a few years away from making any noise but with the Jets a mess, the Dolphins a huge question mark and Tom Brady yet another year older with half his weapons they seem to be setitng themselves up for the future.