OT: Conference Realignment (Big Vote Next Week) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Conference Realignment (Big Vote Next Week)

Your right but also when the 4 NC agreed to be split into 2 divisions part of that concession was 1 FL school would be in each division for recruiting purposes.

The ACC should split the VA schools as well as the Coastal teams get an annual VA game and the Atlantic rarely visits the Old Dominion commonwealth.
Our board wouldn't mind if VPI was split like an atom, if it could be promised it would result in the mushroom cloud, too. :rolling:

Go ahead and take it I honestly wouldn't be offended.
Division 1
Duke
North Carolina
Virginia

Division 2
NC State
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Crossovers: UNC-NCSU, Duke-WF, UVA-VPI

Now zipper up the remaining 8 teams: Clemson-Georgia Tech, Boston College-Syracuse, Florida State-Miami, Pittsburgh-Louisville. These matchups would be cross-overs every year.

Year 1
Division 1
Duke
UNC
UVA
Clemson
BC
FSU
Pitt

Division 2
NCSU
VPI
WF
GT
SU
Miami
UL
Each team would play 1 more team from the division on rotation.

Year 2
Division 1
Duke
UNC
UVA
Clemson
BC
Miami
UL

Division 2
NCSU
VPI
WF
GT
SU
FSU
Pitt

1 TBA from the other division again

Year 3
Division 1
Duke
UNC
UVA
GT
SU
FSU
Pitt

Division 2
NCSU
VPI
WF
Clemson
BC
Miami
UL

1 TBA for every school
Year 4
Division 1
Duke
UNC
UVA
GT
SU
Miami
UL

Division 2
NCSU
VPI
WF
Clemson
BC
FSU
Pitt
TBA

I mean this can't be fixed whatever the ACC wanted to do it but the premise would be the same as the 3+5+5 pretty much by having 3 team foundations that allowed the other 3 teams to be rotated and protecting the most important game for each team.
Every team would see each other a lot more frequently.

Let me see if I have this right?

In your setup...Duke would play NCSt and VTech in the other 3 team division each twice over a 4 year cycle. Syracuse would play BC every year but a school like FSU (located in the opposite 4 team complimentary bracket) twice over 6 years?

Let me see if I have this right?

In your setup...Duke would play NCSt and VTech in the other 3 team division each twice over a 4 year cycle. Syracuse would play BC every year but a school like Clemson twice over 6 years?
This idea makes scheduling a lot easier to determine.

You play every team 3 times over 6 years. The reason why is you switch the zippers every year.

A-B BC/SU
C-D UM/FSU
E-F GT/CU
G-H Pitt/UL

UNC/UVA/Duke
ACEG year 1
ACFG year 3
ACEH year 5
ADEH year 7
ADFH year 9
ADEG year 11

BDFG year 2
BDEH year 4
BDFG year 6
BCFG year 8
BCEG year 10
BCFH year 12

Plus you would rotate 1 other team each year from the other division.

NCSU/VPI/WF
vice-versa

Last edited:
The only thing I care about is if they send me the season ticket renewal every year and I am still vertical. The teams in the ACC>>>>>Rutgirls,Ucon and those vermin they run with.

we need to work some deal with sec to get them on our side at least allowing 14 team conference to skip 1 division team if they want to play more cross division games

Two things:

1. Alsacs zipper format might get exercised for the ACC
2. Brake Lights temporarily (if not for 5-10 years) for the P5 Hopefuls.

we need to work some deal with sec to get them on our side at least allowing 14 team conference to skip 1 division team if they want to play more cross division games
However, doesn't the NCAA even micromanage that? You are supposed to play every team in your division?

However, doesn't the NCAA even micromanage that? You are supposed to play every team in your division?
its in the rule that you must play everyone in your division

Do I read that correctly as a big FU from the B1G to the ACC?
B1G wasn't even in the NC game, and they're trying to hand out rules to the ACC? They should get a life. M-State got dominated.

That is the exact opposite of what makes sense. If you play all the teams in a round robin you shouldn't have have a championship game. This is what I despise about college football, the bs and backdoor handshakes. I hate the Big 10 and their petty power grab because they have a severe phallic issue.
So the rotating divisions it is. F the B1G.

Yes, you do
Correct. The BT is permanently obsessed with ND, and now will spend its time trying to stick it to the ACC. The BT is that super rich kid who always acts nasty and uses daddy's fortune to try to screw everybody it dislikes and/or fears.

That is the exact opposite of what makes sense. If you play all the teams in a round robin you shouldn't have have a championship game. This is what I despise about college football, the bs and backdoor handshakes. I hate the Big 10 and their petty power grab because they have a severe phallic issue.
The phallus issue the BT has is wanting to latch onto ND's root.

You are correct that the vote makes no sense, unless the purpose is top make certain that Texas - rumored in a few corners to be ready to bolt the Big 12 if that league could not get a shot at some kind of extra goody without paying for 2 more teams that Texas does not find sexy enough. Texas is nit going to the SEC, so the SEC wants Texas OK with the Big 12. Texas would go Pac before the BT, and take an ND type deal with the ACC before going BT. So the BT wants Texas OK with the Big 12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom