OT - Dance Team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Dance Team

Video, remember they are dancing dirty, we need video of the travesty.

Video evidence is unavailable, but rumors of the offensive dance moves indicate that they looked something like this.

giphy.gif

This is beyond sad if they overeacted to a single complaint. When the hell will be start acting like people again and forget trying to be pc about everything - we're only encouraging this behaviour.

Forget all this football talk, let's talk about the things that really matter. Specifically, the dance team. I was told that there was a complaint lodged to the university recently by a fan who thought that the dance team danced too provocatively.

Naturally, the university has taken this one singular complaint (much like the kiss cam) and ordered the dance team to tone down their act. Thankfully, as always, someone has thought of the children...

Our cheerleaders and dance team are excellent and ranked nationally. All the political correctness garbage these days makes me want to vomit. Just bc some dudly do right doushe complains, there will be changes made. All it takes is one and the kiss cam should still exist also! Stay home and play checkers or join the Mormon movement in utah if the dance team offends you for the love of god.

First, that complaint sounds pretty lame.

Second -- and this probably should go in the H0T Takes thread -- I've never understood the point of the dance team. Cheerleaders lead cheers (kind of), OK. But what's a dance team got to do with a basketball or football game? They add nothing to the atmosphere.
ever seen dance teams in the sec????

Second -- and this probably should go in the H0T Takes thread -- I've never understood the point of the dance team. Cheerleaders lead cheers (kind of), OK. But what's a dance team got to do with a basketball or football game? They add nothing to the atmosphere.

And I'm the one who constantly gets labeled around here... (shakes head).

I enjoy their work.

Forget all this football talk, let's talk about the things that really matter. Specifically, the dance team. I was told that there was a complaint lodged to the university recently by a fan who thought that the dance team danced too provocatively.

Naturally, the university has taken this one singular complaint (much like the kiss cam) and ordered the dance team to tone down their act. Thankfully, as always, someone has thought of the children...

Probably the same person who complained about the "Kiss Cam" and got that gone from games.

My complaint is the dance team only works one side of the field and they wear long pants. They need some short-shorts on those girls

My one complaint about the dance team is that they don't dance near my section. I propose that they come down to the Fine Lot tomorrow before the game, perform their usual routine and we'll judge if it's too provocative. ;)

Kiss cam was terrible. Although not as bad as the pre recorded portion of the Pepsi fan cam, or the looped recording of the dancing usher.

They're available to the kids in the quad painting faces for game day, and most important they actually do something. (Without a microphone). The cheerleaders have been very blah over the years, starting with the Michelle Munn incident. And lose the mic!!!

Yeah...that Michelle Munn thing was just so blah.
Seriously? Give me a break.

Obviously I'm saying that after the munn incident, they got dull to make sure no one got hurt. Where's the high flying, flipping, pyramids etc. they do no normal cheer stuff anymore, and that's why they get laughed at when they come out with a cardboard sign and a microphone with little to no crowd reaction.

The munn thing was awful.

Seriously? Give me a break.

Obviously I'm saying that after the munn incident, they got dull to make sure no one got hurt. Where's the high flying, flipping, pyramids etc. they do no normal cheer stuff anymore, and that's why they get laughed at when they come out with a cardboard sign and a microphone with little to no crowd reaction.

The munn thing was awful.
I think no one pays attention because there are few people there and it is really difficult to get the few there to get excited about a cheer when you are down by 2 TDs 5 minutes into the game. If we are up 14-0 after 5 minutes you can bet the crowd would be into it.

I think the cheerleaders are fine and the dance team is fine and the band is fine and the uniforms are fine.

Kiss cam is stupid can't believe this thread likes it.

Kiss Cam is stupid...that's the whole point!!!!! That's why its silly to have it taken away. I (probably like many others) didn't think twice about it ever in my life but for someone to get so worked up and upset about it and complain to the point where the University caved and had to have it removed from all games is beyond foolish.

Like who gets upset over Kiss Cam...lol

I think no one pays attention because there are few people there and it is really difficult to get the few there to get excited about a cheer when you are down by 2 TDs 5 minutes into the game. If we are up 14-0 after 5 minutes you can bet the crowd would be into it.

I think the cheerleaders are fine and the dance team is fine and the band is fine and the uniforms are fine.

c4jt321.png

The dumbest thing I've ever seen was watching cheerleaders at last week's VPI / Tenn game. The fans were about 3 Football fields away from them. I hate cheerleaders. I also hate people that file complaints about something that doesn't suit them. Get over it, or move on.

I've lived in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm, Syracuse, and Las Vegas, you're 100% right, a lot of people in central NY are just angry at the world.
Here we go again. CNY sucks, people in upstate are awful humans...etc.All generalizations are false, including this one.

Our cheerleaders and dance team are excellent and ranked nationally. All the political correctness garbage these days makes me want to vomit. Just bc some dudly do right doushe complains, there will be changes made. All it takes is one and the kiss cam should still exist also! Stay home and play checkers or join the Mormon movement in utah if the dance team offends you for the love of god.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Mormons are enormous fans of dance teams. BYU has the Cougarettes (I'm not kidding) and they are a team of extremely talented young ladies. So your Mormon comment is simply factually inaccurate.

Always wanted to date one while I was at BYU. Didn't work out. I did marry someone in the dance program though.

That did work out.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Mormons are enormous fans of dance teams. BYU has the Cougarettes (I'm not kidding) and they are a team of extremely talented young ladies. So your Mormon comment is simply factually inaccurate.

Always wanted to date one while I was at BYU. Didn't work out. I did marry someone in the dance program though.

That did work out.

Ok, very cool and interesting! But aren't they all like 31 after the missions? ;) how did you meet? I have heard stories of gender segregation and early curfews!

.I think the cheerleaders are fine and the dance team is fine and the band is fine and the uniforms are fine.

It's the football team that's the problem;)