OT: doris burke | Syracusefan.com

OT: doris burke

Oh well, our annual Doris Burke thread. Love her or hate her, she's always good for one thread every season.
it wasn't really a good or bad thread for doris burke, it was more just that espn is obsessed with upsets. it wasn't an upset, the favored team won. my issue is more with the espn machine, they placate to the casual viewer that in the case of college basketball has been trained to only care about upsets. it was a hyperbolic statement and she is smart and I am sure that after the fact she would admit that it wasn't a "monumental upset".

Doris knows hoops and while I disagree with some of her takes she is legit. She does NBA and college basketball so she knows the game.

She is also friends with Rick Pitino from there time at Providence together so she was giving him props. I think Veley at the Dome is way worse than Doris Burke on commentary.

When #19 beats #2 it's an upset
Maybe not this year.
Hard to recall another season when there's been so little difference between #20 and #1.
Home court may be a deciding factor.

image.gif

doris is cool.i like her. i'd let her crash on the couch . no rose petals scattered about but maybe toss her a bag of bugles and a coke

Last edited:
it wasn't really a good or bad thread for doris burke, it was more just that espn is obsessed with upsets. it wasn't an upset, the favored team won. my issue is more with the espn machine, they placate to the casual viewer that in the case of college basketball has been trained to only care about upsets. it was a hyperbolic statement and she is smart and I am sure that after the fact she would admit that it wasn't a "monumental upset".

Yes. Catering to the casual viewer is exactly what they should be doing. College basketball to them is basically a one month season that doesn't start for another six weeks.

did i hear correctlylast weekend that this dude chris spatola who did acc color for our game is coach K'S son in law and still employed by Duke ?

Last edited:
Coach K does have a son-in-law named Chris Spatola who is director of auxiliary services for the Duke Athletic Department. He's a West Point grad, army vet and a nice guy. I am unaware of him doing any broadcasting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom