Class of 2023 - OT/DT Naquil Betrand (PA / MD) Portal from Texas A&M to Bama | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OT/DT Naquil Betrand (PA / MD) Portal from Texas A&M to Bama

page what do you mean GIF

If nobody minds i'm just going to make a quick comment on Bertrand. The one thing I am a bit concerned about are the big transfers like this with 3-4 years left. I feel this is an area where NIL can hurt us against the elite programs. It's one thing to give out NIL deals to current players who established themselves, and 1 year transfer guys, but it may be difficult with these multiple year guys who are getting a big bag.

Pandoras Box has just entered the chat …
Good, we need to clarify this whole dynamic from time to time. We are not entitled to the names of sources and we must also understand the fluidity of recruiting information. If one doesn’t understand these things, one must SHUT THE HELL UP.

Ignorant post here: could this kids comment about bama making pros be a reflection at all on our recent OL hire versus another coach we were maybe expecting? I really am not seeing this coach check the boxes like the other ones but I really only know what I’ve read on our board here about him. But again, it’s Alabama.

There was no need for the post. We knew we didn't get him. Why point out someone was wrong? The answer is, the more posts like that one, the less information does get shared here. That is a fact because I have shared less because of posts just like this one. Well done.
No one wants to discourage the posting of player info that anyone has on “good authority.” It is the oxygen of this board. Please continue at the cost of trifling or damning criticism. We (the unconnected, but ardent SU fans) appreciate trending insights/info immensely.

No one wants to discourage the posting of player info that anyone has on “good authority.” It is the oxygen of this board. Please continue at the cost of trifling or damning criticism. We (the unconnected, but ardent SU fans) appreciate trending insights/info immensely.
Actually feel sorry for the player, he went to Texas A&M, and was 4th string his freshman year. He transfers to Alabama, and may not get on the field anytime soon.
Saban will recruit over him. He has used his transfer option to sit another year.
He had a chance to come in and start here.

I’m starting to think maybe he just wanted to attend the Rose Bowl festivities as an insider, and he’ll come back to us next week.

Actually feel sorry for the player, he went to Texas A&M, and was 4th string his freshman year. He transfers to Alabama, and may not get on the field anytime soon.
Saban will recruit over him. He has used his transfer option to sit another year.
With this staff, we’ll recruit over him, too. That was the Dino argument. Fran will stack guys. It’s imperative to win big next year vs a weak schedule. If we jump out to a quick start, our ‘25 class will be huge.

You don’t have to sit if you transfer a second time. NCAA said this a couple weeks ago.

IF you have been around here long enough and can pay attention for more than a few minutes (both traits in short supply), it is possible to realize which posters have consistently good information and which posters are mostly guessing or implying that they have connections. There is a big difference. Too often posters who have not been around long enough, maybe like the OP in question here, confuse the 2 groups.

The fact that recruiting information is often fluid, even for those with legit sources, is more nuanced. It might be a bridge too far to expect universal understanding of that concept.

Right. But as we all know, that doesn't mean we will get them. That is why we recruit some of the guys that we do. In case best case doesn't work out.
You recruit players you feel can help your team. Every player wont pan out. SU is a development program so signing transfers like Zeed, Miller and Heard is important. Grabbing guys like Bleich Clark Villari Bellamy Wohlabaugh Igraham helps the team. Those guys rarely played at their previous school

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom