OT: Greatest sports calls ever | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Greatest sports calls ever

Vin Scully's silence for 1:08 is part of what makes this so perfect.

The A's are my favorite American League team. I have never been so stunned as I was at that moment. Left me speechless which is hard to do!

I tried cut this short as it's over 4 minutes long. Good part starts around 3 minute mark. If you jump to it, keep in mind the black team was down 24 points with 3 minutes to go. They had kicked and recovered 3 onside kicks in a row. The best line is at the very end. This, of course, is in Texas.

I think one of the great travesties of SU sports history is that Doug Logan didn't get to make the call when we won the national title in 2003. I think his raw excitement would have caused the Super Dome to explode. No offense to Mark Johnson who did a solid job, but he wasn't a Syracuse guy.

Mark Johnson blows

eao1115 said:
I think one of the great travesties of SU sports history is that Doug Logan didn't get to make the call when we won the national title in 2003. I think his raw excitement would have caused the Super Dome to explode. No offense to Mark Johnson who did a solid job, but he wasn't a Syracuse guy.

Blame Doug Logan for that. It falls squarely on his shoulders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom