Class of 2017 - OT Isaiah Wilson (NY) Committed to UGA | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OT Isaiah Wilson (NY) Committed to UGA

Is he very highly rated?-Yeah

Would I have liked to have gotten him?-Yeah

Will I get worked up over missing a NYC recruit?-Nope

Well, in fairness, the second part isn't over yet. I don't think we're going to get him, but he did say that this is not a finalized list, and that SU is just outside the top 10. Not that I find that particularly encouraging anyway, but still. The door hasn't closed entirely.

Confidence is not high. Repeat, confidence is not high. Just not seeing it.

Fred Hansard, come on down! You're the next contestant on The Orange Is Right!

Has the Cuse ever had a commitment from 5-star recruit in football? I know we have had some 4-stars but I don't recall a 5-star but maybe I am wrong...

We got Poly Prepped folks. No way we should have been left off that list the way the kid had talked about us. long way until 2017 but.. NEXT!

You can tell Isaiah loves the recruiting attention and to be perfectly honest with you his top 10 does not mean much. I can almost guarantee he did it for the attention. Don't get me wrong we are lonnnngggggg shots to land the kid but putting out his top 10 now was a little premature. Still good luck to the kid, he is one hell of a football player and has a chance if he stays on the right track to be a very very high draft pick.

So the coach tries to steer the kids to Rutgers, but does he tell them they can't go to SU?
I certainly don't know enough to say. Public sources only. If anything I would guess that he may bad-mouth SU, or find a way to put a negative spin on things ("the coach probably won't be there next year" etc.). But maybe not. Could be a fair-minded guy and it is pure coincidence that kids there have no interest in playing for their state's team.

Has the Cuse ever had a commitment from 5-star recruit in football? I know we have had some 4-stars but I don't recall a 5-star but maybe I am wrong...
I'm sure this kid is talented, but his recruitment seems like theatre. Better to stick with 3-4 star players whose feet are touching the ground.

If this kid likes attention, can you imagine if he chooses Syracuse? At Alabama, FSU, Miami, Michigan or Ohio State, he is just another 5-star. The moment is big and then forgotten. At Syracuse, he can be a HUGE part of the culture change and become an icon. If the kid likes attention, being THE guy at Syracuse means all eyes on him. In those other schools, he would be great, but they wouldn't appreciate it as much as we would.

If this kid likes attention, can you imagine if he chooses Syracuse? At Alabama, FSU, Miami, Michigan or Ohio State, he is just another 5-star. The moment is big and then forgotten. At Syracuse, he can be a HUGE part of the culture change and become an icon. If the kid likes attention, being THE guy at Syracuse means all eyes on him. In those other schools, he would be great, but they wouldn't appreciate it as much as we would.
Agreed. Like the top 10 kid in the '16 class who chose Houston. That made national headlines for like a week, and no doubt will once NLI day comes around.

Agreed. Like the top 10 kid in the '16 class who chose Houston. That made national headlines for like a week, and no doubt will once NLI day comes around.
And in every telecast before he arrives on campus and while he is playing here. AND he would be the man every time he came back.

I certainly don't know enough to say. Public sources only. If anything I would guess that he may bad-mouth SU, or find a way to put a negative spin on things ("the coach probably won't be there next year" etc.). But maybe not. Could be a fair-minded guy and it is pure coincidence that kids there have no interest in playing for their state's team.
well who knows an AD lets find him a I-AA college coaching job:D

We do not have a good track record with attention w***e types. Next.

So the coach tries to steer the kids to Rutgers, but does he tell them they can't go to SU?
Does anyone know if Syracuse grabbed a kid from Poly Prep during his tenure?

Does anyone know if Syracuse grabbed a kid from Poly Prep during his tenure?

From 2006-2015, definitely no.

He did coach there from 1995-2001. 2001 roster had 0 kids on it from Poly Prep. So appears unlikely.

From 2006-2015, definitely no.

He did coach there from 1995-2001. 2001 roster had 0 kids on it from Poly Prep. So appears unlikely.
That says alot. How do you have 20 scholarship kids and not have one go to your state D1 program? I do understand Rutgers, BC, UConn and others are closer but that's alarming. WOW

money3189 said:
That says alot. How do you have 20 scholarship kids and not have one go to your state D1 program? I do understand Rutgers, BC, UConn and others are closer but that's alarming. WOW

Agreed, it definitely sounds like this guy hates Syracuse.

I'm not really upset because he's a NYC recruit, but he is the overall #2 recruit in the country.

Ky Je said:
How badly did we beat them while he was at Rutgers?

Maybe he wanted to go to Syracuse but SU didn't recruit him.

Maybe he wanted to go to Syracuse but SU didn't recruit him.

umm if we aren't recruiting one of the very best players in the country that just happens to be from NYS then there is something seriously wrong. And we were recruiting him. He was up for the Spring game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom