(OT) I've retired! | Syracusefan.com

(OT) I've retired!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
ULP! Yesterday was my last as a working woman. I have had a two week process of saying good-bye to my clients and colleagues, and it has been rather dreadful. I LOVE my office, my colleagues, and my clients but - here's the rub - I want my freedom. And now I shall have it. Luckily, I made a very smart plan for the hubs and I to drive to North Carolina tomorrow to visit friends and family. Yes, I shall be co-mingling with those hated Duke and Carolina fans, some of them in the same room! (I do have a few friends who don't care about college basketball. I remain fond of them despite this serious flaw.)

I will continue to be the office Bracket Manager until senility or death, so Syracuse basketball once again acts as the Great Connector. I told my husband last night that our new designation is Citizen of the World, and I look forward to figuring out what the heck that means. In the meantime, I have not lost one of my most important designations: Syracuse Basketball Fan. SUball

ULP! Yesterday was my last as a working woman. I have had a two week process of saying good-bye to my clients and colleagues, and it has been rather dreadful. I LOVE my office, my colleagues, and my clients but - here's the rub - I want my freedom. And now I shall have it. Luckily, I made a very smart plan for the hubs and I to drive to North Carolina tomorrow to visit friends and family. Yes, I shall be co-mingling with those hated Duke and Carolina fans, some of them in the same room! (I do have a few friends who don't care about college basketball. I remain fond of them despite this serious flaw.)

I will continue to be the office Bracket Manager until senility or death, so Syracuse basketball once again acts as the Great Connector. I told my husband last night that our new designation is Citizen of the World, and I look forward to figuring out what the heck that means. In the meantime, I have not lost one of my most important designations: Syracuse Basketball Fan. SUball
Congratulations, and enjoy! My wife and I have an elaborate plan for our Citizens-of-the-World Era. I just need to live long enough to see it realized.

Wow! Congrats! Enjoy the retirement life.

frog-on-back-relax.jpg

Can you get one of them Senior Citizens discounts?
True story. A few years ago, we were on our way to Maine and stopped at a Burger King (or maybe McDonalds) to eat lunch. We rarely eat the fast food, but sometimes between Syracuse and Maine, you have to take what you can get. So, I placed my order and the clerk said, "Would you like your free drink with that?" I said, "Excuse me?" "Your drink! You're entitled to a free drink!" "I am??" I asked with wide eyes. "Why?"

"Senior discount," she promptly replied. A look of complete puzzlement must have passed over my face. With genuine curiosity I asked, "But, how do you know I'm a senior?"

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" the clerk said.

Not as sorry as I was. I took water.

True story. A few years ago, we were on our way to Maine and stopped at a Burger King (or maybe McDonalds) to eat lunch. We rarely eat the fast food, but sometimes between Syracuse and Maine, you have to take what you can get. So, I placed my order and the clerk said, "Would you like your free drink with that?" I said, "Excuse me?" "Your drink! You're entitled to a free drink!" "I am??" I asked with wide eyes. "Why?"

"Senior discount," she promptly replied. A look of complete puzzlement must have passed over my face. With genuine curiosity I asked, "But, how do you know I'm a senior?"

Give that man $15/hr for his people skills alone.

Alaska?? Ha ha ha! Actually, really going to Alaska end of August.

At the moment, I am most interested in seeing the good ole US of A, especially out west

Awwww, thanks, guys, for all the good wishes. Sniff!

Not bad not bad!!!
Planning on A lot of sleeping in though right??

Congratulations on the step over the line. Took that step 15 years ago (gulp!!!). Been in NC since 2002 and it has become a much better place to live since Syracuse joined the ACC. At least now we are part of the "hated" but in the ACC family. In case you do not know it, the rallying cry down here is "ABC" - Anybody But Carolina.
GO ORANGE

Congratulations!!!

Wait a second. I didn't know I was entitled to a free drink at one of those places? My husband eats fast food all of the time. Someone owes us a lot of money for all of those drinks we've had the past couple of years!!!

Alaska?? Ha ha ha! Actually, really going to Alaska end of August.

At the moment, I am most interested in seeing the good ole US of A, especially out west

Awwww, thanks, guys, for all the good wishes. Sniff!

Don't forget to get me your dates, and itinerary! If you are interested, I will meet you somewhere in this great state for dinner, and a couple cocktails! Also, if you have any questions, or need ideas for places to go!

Don't forget to get me your dates, and itinerary! If you are interested, I will meet you somewhere in this great state for dinner, and a couple cocktails! Also, if you have any questions, or need ideas for places to go!
Are you implying that she would forget, due to her advanced age? That is so rude. Almost as bad as the fast food guy she talked about.

Someday you will say to yourself, "Why didn't I retire even sooner"? Been here in the South for almost 20 years and have never looked back.

And as for those senior discounts; look on the AARP site. You'll find Many possibilities. And virtually all fast food places have some type of senior discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom