(OT) I've retired! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

(OT) I've retired!

Alaska?? Ha ha ha! Actually, really going to Alaska end of August.

At the moment, I am most interested in seeing the good ole US of A, especially out west

Awwww, thanks, guys, for all the good wishes. Sniff!
Have you ever been on an Alaskan cruise? Few years ago, we went from Seattle to Skagway along the Alaskan panhandle. Awesome scenery! Even took a plane ride over mountains and landed on the water - really cool! Enjoy your retirement!

Last edited:
Congratulations!
Just be sure to have things to do.

My father would always say "Every day is a holiday."
Enjoy your infinite holidays!

I wrote to someone that I wasn't even going to post my retirement on the board because it felt, oh, I don't know. A little self-indulgent? But I am SO GLAD I indulged because of all these heartfelt and funny posts. Yesterday was an odd-ish day made considerably brighter by this forum.

Thank you everyone! And now I must get ready for my trip to N Carolina. My husband needs to experience my sweet sweet nagging.

I wrote to someone that I wasn't even going to post my retirement on the board because it felt, oh, I don't know. A little self-indulgent? But I am SO GLAD I indulged because of all these heartfelt and funny posts. Yesterday was an odd-ish day made considerably brighter by this forum.

Thank you everyone! And now I must get ready for my trip to N Carolina. My husband needs to experience my sweet sweet nagging.
th

ULP! Yesterday was my last as a working woman. I have had a two week process of saying good-bye to my clients and colleagues, and it has been rather dreadful. I LOVE my office, my colleagues, and my clients but - here's the rub - I want my freedom. And now I shall have it. Luckily, I made a very smart plan for the hubs and I to drive to North Carolina tomorrow to visit friends and family. Yes, I shall be co-mingling with those hated Duke and Carolina fans, some of them in the same room! (I do have a few friends who don't care about college basketball. I remain fond of them despite this serious flaw.)

I will continue to be the office Bracket Manager until senility or death, so Syracuse basketball once again acts as the Great Connector. I told my husband last night that our new designation is Citizen of the World, and I look forward to figuring out what the heck that means. In the meantime, I have not lost one of my most important designations: Syracuse Basketball Fan. SUball
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Just remember this: WORK is a 4 letter word! Hope your retirement works out as well as it has for my=e and my wife - we absolutely love it.

This seems like a good place to get feedback on my retirement plan... Thought of it a few months ago while drunk.. Stay with me here.

I'm a month from turning 30 :eek:
I eat like , I drink too much.
Prolly gonna die in my 50s.

So here's my deal. What if I toss as much as I can into my retirement for the next 5-7 years. Save up as much as I can. Hit 35, 37ish, and then

BOOM, RETIRED!

Live the high life, travel, do whatever the heck I want. Blow through all my savings, and my retirement. Let's just say that takes a year and a half/two years to spend everything I have.

Then what you ask? I work in a freaking office, I could do this at 80, I'll take my refreshed (but prolly hungover) self back to work. That would make me 40ish. Work either until I die, or retire again at 60.

Genius?

This seems like a good place to get feedback on my retirement plan... Thought of it a few months ago while drunk.. Stay with me here.

I'm a month from turning 30 :eek:
I eat like , I drink too much.
Prolly gonna die in my 50s.

So here's my deal. What if I toss as much as I can into my retirement for the next 5-7 years. Save up as much as I can. Hit 35, 37ish, and then

BOOM, RETIRED!

Live the high life, travel, do whatever the heck I want. Blow through all my savings, and my retirement. Let's just say that takes a year and a half/two years to spend everything I have.

Then what you ask? I work in a freaking office, I could do this at 80, I'll take my refreshed (but prolly hungover) self back to work. That would make me 40ish. Work either until I die, or retire again at 60.

Genius?
My dear man, when I get back from my trip I will pm you! :)

Gratz

now get to work, those pigeons wont feed themselves

Shark58 said:
Gratz

now get to work, those pigeons wont feed themselves

Whoa, easy. Leave her alone, she's heading out to dinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom