OT - LaTech WBB Coach Impregnates Former Player | Syracusefan.com

OT - LaTech WBB Coach Impregnates Former Player

He actually got the head coaching job when he was 23

Wowzer. I remember the HBO documentary on Pat Summitt and I think he was only 7 or 8 in it. Literally the first time I've heard his name since and it's for this? Sure it makes mom proud.

That article could hardly be more vague. Yes, if he impregnated someone he isn't married to while married to another it's a betrayal of his wife. But if the woman he impregnated is a FORMER student, and the affair started after she left school, then it shouldn't be a factor. Certainly nothing for the NCAA to stick its nose into. I can't tell what the facts are from this badly written article l.

Of course knowing the NCAA, they just might do so anyway. They really are perverse.

We could always use another Tyler at SU. They are in short supply.

If she was on the team at the time, it has to be an impermissible benefit. If he gave her his DNA, he has to give all students his DNA.

Seriously. Or is this about his failure to use birth control?
What about her? It is always a woman's choice in a consenual affair to run the risk of pregnancy. She has the final say in whether intercourse occurs. People who,treat women in this situation as some delicate wallflower who just didn't know any better make me shake my head. It's such an old fashion, sexist view of women and their sexuality.
For all we know, she "forgot" to take her birth control and got pregnant, perhaps hoping to force him to leave his wife.
I worked on family court for many years, and the 'ed circumstances which bring kids into the world would boggle your mind.

That article could hardly be more vague. Yes, if he impregnated someone he isn't married to while married to another it's a betrayal of his wife. But if the woman he impregnated is a FORMER student, and the affair started after she left school, then it shouldn't be a factor. Certainly nothing for the NCAA to stick its nose into. I can't tell what the facts are from this badly written article l.

Of course knowing the NCAA, they just might do so anyway. They really are perverse.

Heard on the radio this morning that she followed him from Marquette. Pretty sure this didn't start when she was a "former" player.

Funny story about Tyler Summitt and his mom - Back in the late 80s/early 90s, UVa and Tennessee had a bitter rivalry going in WBB. We met each other in a Final Four and regional finals. Pat Summitt was pregnant w/Tyler and flying back to Knoxville on a private jet from a recruiting trip when she went into labor. The pilot asked her if she wanted him to land the plane so she could get to a hospital. She asked him, "Where are we?" "Virginia." "Keep flying," was the response.

Last edited:
STEVEHOLT said:
so what. who cares. was she of legal age? was it consentual? former player? not even a current player? YAWWWWWNN

Unless it started when she was a player. That would put it in the "what's the big deal about sleeping with your secretary? It was consensual. I think"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom