OT - Manziel | Syracusefan.com

OT - Manziel

OrangeAggieArmy

Scout Team
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...nner-flaws-of-fans-clay-travis-opinion-090213

I'm an Aggie fan in addition to being an SU fan (I'd root for SU over aTm any day, like I did during that Sweet 16 loss in '06?), so I defend Johnny, warts and all, because he's one of my guys - and because he WINS.

Anyway, interested to hear what you guys think. I will say that what I saw on Saturday against Rice wasn't all that different than what I saw all last year. The difference is last year, ESPN called it being confident. This year, ESPN calls it being immature and selfish.

He's a jackass but an amazing player. I'll be tuned in for the Alabama game instead of the Cuse game, I'm sure a lot of others will be doing the same. It's going to be one the highest rated regular season games in college football history.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...nner-flaws-of-fans-clay-travis-opinion-090213

I'm an Aggie fan in addition to being an SU fan (I'd root for SU over aTm any day, like I did during that Sweet 16 loss in '06?), so I defend Johnny, warts and all, because he's one of my guys - and because he WINS.

Anyway, interested to hear what you guys think. I will say that what I saw on Saturday against Rice wasn't all that different than what I saw all last year. The difference is last year, ESPN called it being confident. This year, ESPN calls it being immature and selfish.
Such is life once you've won the Heisman. Last year, he was a great story. This year, a lot more is expected of him. There are a lot of people that are jealous of success and take every opportunity to take people down. But, he ought to be more humble after skating by the way he did on the whole autograph issue. It comes across as major hubris (way beyond confidence), to me.

He's a jackass but an amazing player. I'll be tuned in for the Alabama game instead of the Cuse game, I'm sure a lot of others will be doing the same. It's going to be one the highest rated regular season games in college football history.
Aint' nobody who could pry me away from a 'cuse game...that Bama/A&M game will be great, but I am not missing the Cuse for it!

I think he's an emotionally immature guy who has a problem appreciating how fortunate he is. I liked him last year. The fact that he physically looked like anything but a premier college QB. He was a great story.

He seems a little too full of himself. I like the way he plays the game, but I really don't like him as a person at this point.

I'll be tuned in for the Alabama game instead of the Cuse game, I'm sure a lot of others will be doing the same.

Uh...no we won't. I'm very excited for the Alabama game, heck I might even tape it and I'll definitely flip over during timeouts, halftime, etc. But I wouldn't watch that game over Cuse Northwestern if you paid me...literally.

I don't mind players being brash / confident, especially when they back it up with their play. But given Manziel's dopey conduct this offseason, I would expected him to comport himself with a little more restraint. Seeing him do that autograph thing--especially in a game where he served such a BS token "penalty" as sitting out the first half--turned me from someone who pulled for him in general and chalked some of his problems up to simple immaturity to rooting against him because he seems like a douche.

Some players just make it difficult to pull for them, and Johnny Football's behavior doesn't do himself any favors. Some people can't help shooting themselves in the foot no matter how many chances they get.

No flocking way am I watching anything over an SU game. I am orange through and through.

The state of "sports media" is to build someone up to unrealistic levels and then tear them down for the slightest transgression. Manziel is getting the Lebron treatment right now.

I respect his talent, and although I think Money Manziel is a bit of a spoiled brat, it's comical to hear him being attacked by everyone who loved him last year.

Uh...no we won't. I'm very excited for the Alabama game, heck I might even tape it and I'll definitely flip over during timeouts, halftime, etc. But I wouldn't watch that game over Cuse Northwestern if you paid me...literally.
It's the Wagner game but nice try. I'll re-watch the Syracuse game after, if it was the Northwestern game it would be a different story.

Pat Forde who is a douche has the perfect nickname for Johnny Manziel he is Johnny Drama. The kid has a lot of talent for college football, but he doesn't have much NFL potential IMO and his ego has made me dislike him even though the NCAA and Texas A&M have exploited him.

I think he's an emotionally immature guy who has a problem appreciating how fortunate he is. I liked him last year. The fact that he physically looked like anything but a premier college QB. He was a great story.

He seems a little too full of himself. I like the way he plays the game, but I really don't like him as a person at this point.

^^^----this

I think part of his cockiness is what makes him the player he is, but I also think given the circumstances he should shut the and just play ball. Seems like a total knucklehead who inevitably will doing something (else) stupid that will end his NCAA career.

I don't think you'll find any SU fans watching another game instead of SU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he keeps doing what he is doing and makes a ton of money doing it.

I don't think you'll find any SU fans watching another game instead of SU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normally I'd agree with that but for me this is a unique situation. Syracuse's least interesting game of the year matched up against the biggest regular season college football game. Additionally, the game won't be available on TV outside of the Northeast and ESPN3 allows you to watch a replay of the game later on. I probably shouldn't say "a lot" of Syracuse fans will be watching the A&M game but I'm sure I'm not the only fan doing it.

im sure a lot of others wont.

thats why god invented sports bars, picture in picture, the vcr, the dvr and more than 1 tv.

nationally, different story.

He reminds me of the classic alcoholic (not saying he is - but it has all the earmarks). Skilled, talented - but erratic and defiant in his personal life. This spills out into his behavior on the field. Eventually, he'll put all his talent and his future at "real" risk because of a reckless lifestyle.

That being said... Guy is magic on the field.

He is a punk honestly. I don't care if he won the heisman. Act as if you have been there before. The joke is on him really because he has less of a chance of playing in the NFL than Eric Crouch did. Karma will bite him in the ass soon enough. Straight up punk. As soon as he was doing the hand gestures pretending to be signing autographs he proved to the world that he thinks he is UNTOUCHABLE..just like the rest of his SEC brethren.

Normally I'd agree with that but for me this is a unique situation. Syracuse's least interesting game of the year matched up against the biggest regular season college football game. Additionally, the game won't be available on TV outside of the Northeast and ESPN3 allows you to watch a replay of the game later on. I probably shouldn't say "a lot" of Syracuse fans will be watching the A&M game but I'm sure I'm not the only fan doing it.

What the hell SU fan would watch another team over SU unless they had no option of watching SU? Im baffled by that response.

What the hell SU fan would watch another team over SU unless they had no option of watching SU? Im baffled by that response.
Because the game will be available on replay. It's reasonable to expect that the A&M game will be a much more exciting match up and a more enjoyable game to watch live. Who knows, maybe Alabama will be up by 4 touchdowns in the first half and I'll catch the 2nd half of the Cuse game. I certainly have no problem with people choosing to watch Cuse instead/watching both games. I guess the point I was trying to make is how huge this upcoming Bama-A&M game is and Manziel is the main reason. I'll be tuning in not because I don't care about Syracuse but because of how exciting this game is. The most dominant team in college sports vs the most recognizable athlete in college sports. Rarely happens this early in the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom