OT - Manziel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Manziel

Because the game will be available on replay. It's reasonable to expect that the A&M game will be a much more exciting match up and a more enjoyable game to watch live. Who knows, maybe Alabama will be up by 4 touchdowns in the first half and I'll catch the 2nd half of the Cuse game. I certainly have no problem with people choosing to watch Cuse instead/watching both games. I guess the point I was trying to make is how huge this upcoming Bama-A&M game is and Manziel is the main reason. I'll be tuning in not because I don't care about Syracuse but because of how exciting this game is. The most dominant team in college sports vs the most recognizable athlete in college sports. Rarely happens this early in the season.

I found a hat for you:

fairweatherfan.jpg

SU vs Wagner >>>>>> Alabama vs Texas A&M

the kid is a flat out liar that the Alabama defense should suspend him for the season as the NCAA and Slive are cowards for not doing so.

I found a hat for you:

fairweatherfan.jpg

SU vs Wagner >>>>>> Alabama vs Texas A&M

Did I say I'm an Alabama fan or did you fail to comprehend any part of my post? Maybe you don't know what a fair weather fan is? A fair weather fan is somebody that will be tuning in when the team is winning. Seeing that Wagner is the most winnable game on the schedule, me not tuning in doesn't put me in fair weather fan territory. Go ahead and call yourself a bigger SU fan if it makes your day better but don't call me a fair weather fan.

Did I say I'm an Alabama fan or did you fail to comprehend any part of my post? Maybe you don't know what a fair weather fan is? A fair weather fan is somebody that will be tuning in when the team is winning. Seeing that Wagner is the most winnable game on the schedule, me not tuning in doesn't put me in fair weather fan territory. Go ahead and call yourself a bigger SU fan if it makes your day better but don't call me a fair weather fan.

Seems like the proper course of action involves a laptop/iPad/iPhone setup with ESPN 3, while the other game is on the TV, muted. Problem solved. I'll be here all week.

Seems like the proper course of action involves a laptop/iPad/iPhone setup with ESPN 3, while the other game is on the TV, muted. Problem solved. I'll be here all week.
I'll be watching the game later on, good solution though for those with limited time.

I hate Manziel as I hate all SEC teams and SEC players. Add that to the fact that he is an arrogant douche . . . and I do not see any reason to care about him.

I will look at the score of the aTm and Alabama game, but won't watch it. I prefer to watch my professional football on Sundays.

College football is a very conservative sport that tends to fetishize myths like the moral supremacy of Notre Dame and loves the "humble" guys who claim to be virgins and live life like they're in a convent.

To this end I love seeing a kid have fun being a college kid and doing the things that college kids do. The pearl clutching is really fun to watch. Also love watching the NCAA powerless to do anything to punish him when he clearly broke some pretty basic rules.

Hope he and A&M tear up the SEC and he parties like a college kid throughout the season to give the pearl clutchers more to complain about.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...nner-flaws-of-fans-clay-travis-opinion-090213

I'm an Aggie fan in addition to being an SU fan (I'd root for SU over aTm any day, like I did during that Sweet 16 loss in '06?), so I defend Johnny, warts and all, because he's one of my guys - and because he WINS.

Anyway, interested to hear what you guys think. I will say that what I saw on Saturday against Rice wasn't all that different than what I saw all last year. The difference is last year, ESPN called it being confident. This year, ESPN calls it being immature and selfish.

My gf has two nieces who attended/attend Texas A&M. Both of the girls were in Johnny's "crowd" at school. If you think he is a punk on the football field, the stories about his character off the field are just... WOW! Kid has great gifts athletically no doubt, but socially/emotionally is a mess.. Most of his issues predate the Heisman, but are now magnified. Also remember, rare to see a player return to college after winning the Heisman. As of now, this is headed toward a Todd Marinovich remake.

My gf has two nieces who attended/attend Texas A&M. Both of the girls were in Johnny's "crowd" at school. If you think he is a punk on the football field, the stories about his character off the field are just... WOW! Kid has great gifts athletically no doubt, but socially/emotionally is a mess.. Most of his issues predate the Heisman, but are now magnified. Also remember, rare to see a player return to college after winning the Heisman. As of now, this is headed toward a Todd Marinovich remake.

You gotta share a story from one of your gf's nieces! I bet Manziel is Frank The Tank-ish.

It was a joke. Should have added the ;)

He's a jackass but an amazing player. I'll be tuned in for the Alabama game instead of the Cuse game, I'm sure a lot of others will be doing the same. It's going to be one the highest rated regular season games in college football history.

While I'm disappointed the SU game conflicts with the Bama/A&M game, I'll definitely be at the Dome supporting the Orange. I'd watch SU vs. a pop warner team before watching another game. That's just me.

I'm sick and tired of reading all the Johnny Manziel stories. He gets too much radio play it's getting old. And full disclosure, I'm also a Baylor Bear fan.

I think the money has gone to his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful, if you keep this up your screen name may suddenly change to NashvilleAggie...

He's a jackass but an amazing player. I'll be tuned in for the Alabama game instead of the Cuse game, I'm sure a lot of others will be doing the same. It's going to be one the highest rated regular season games in college football history.

He does seem like a jackass and a bit of a punk/spoiled brat. Great player for sure. I'll personally have probably a bit more of an eye on that aTm-'Bama game than SU-Wagner. I follow SU bball WAY more than SU football. I just want to see some Alabama guy crush Manziel.

Does that mean we'll get a Manziel playing DE in 20 years?

Pat Forde who is a douche has the perfect nickname for Johnny Manziel he is Johnny Drama. The kid has a lot of talent for college football, but he doesn't have much NFL potential IMO and his ego has made me dislike him even though the NCAA and Texas A&M have exploited him.

I think he definitely has NFL potential.

There are a couple excellent QBs in the NFL right now, but after the top 7 or so, there is a HUGE drop off. Manziel still needs a lot of experience, but when you look at some of the QBs that are starting in the NFL this year, I think it's hard to argue that he doesn't have the potential to be better than them.

I think he could easily be better than these players that will start at QB in 2013 and *might* be better than some right now (I'm looking at you Gabbert, Smith, Locker, and Tuel)

- Blaine Gabbert
- Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez
- Jake Locker
- Jeff Tuel
- Tyrell Pryor or Matt Flynn
- Ryan Tannehill
- Brandon Weeden
- Josh Freeman
- Christian Ponder

As a full disclaimer though, I am a big Johnny Football fan. I don't envy his life though. Hell, he went to a frat party in Austin, people were being a*holes to him, and all of the ESPN shows still talked about it for a full day.

Yeah, he does stupid stuff, but it's not much worse than a lot of college kids.

Games involving Texas A&M will probably see more targeting calls than any other.

And that includes the refs targeting Manziell for taunting flags.

I know a lot of people liked what he did, because there is so much (deserved) NCAA hate. I guess I don't really care one way or the other. But when I saw the highlights, I couldn't help but think the kid seemed to go from unassuming talented kid to super d0uchebag, almost overnight.

The joke is on him really because he has less of a chance of playing in the NFL than Eric Crouch did.

This comment is based on what. Please be specific other than you don't like him.

College football is a very conservative sport that tends to fetishize myths like the moral supremacy of Notre Dame and loves the "humble" guys who claim to be virgins and live life like they're in a convent.

To this end I love seeing a kid have fun being a college kid and doing the things that college kids do. The pearl clutching is really fun to watch. Also love watching the NCAA powerless to do anything to punish him when he clearly broke some pretty basic rules.

Hope he and A&M tear up the SEC and he parties like a college kid throughout the season to give the pearl clutchers more to complain about.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yep.

He's becoming an Austin 3:16 or Degeneration-X anti-hero.

And if you don't like that, I got two words for ya.

One thing that puzzles me is that Bridgewater and Clowney have a lot of signatures out there as well, how come they didn't get suspended for a half game since this is what the NCAA ruled on?

This comment is based on what. Please be specific other than you don't like him.

How about the fact that he doesnt have good throwing mechanics, he isnt fast enough to get around NFL defenses..and the fact that he is 5'9

I think he definitely has NFL potential.

There are a couple excellent QBs in the NFL right now, but after the top 7 or so, there is a HUGE drop off. Manziel still needs a lot of experience, but when you look at some of the QBs that are starting in the NFL this year, I think it's hard to argue that he doesn't have the potential to be better than them.

I think he could easily be better than these players that will start at QB in 2013 and *might* be better than some right now (I'm looking at you Gabbert, Smith, Locker, and Tuel)

- Blaine Gabbert
- Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez
- Jake Locker
- Jeff Tuel
- Tyrell Pryor or Matt Flynn
- Ryan Tannehill
- Brandon Weeden
- Josh Freeman
- Christian Ponder

As a full disclaimer though, I am a big Johnny Football fan. I don't envy his life though. Hell, he went to a frat party in Austin, people were being a*holes to him, and all of the ESPN shows still talked about it for a full day.

Yeah, he does stupid stuff, but it's not much worse than a lot of college kids.

most college kids don't win heisman trophies...If you win the heisman you are held to a different standard ethically, on the field and in your personal life. Live up to it or expect to be trashed. End of Story.