ot Matt Park | Syracusefan.com

ot Matt Park

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Anyone else think he will be headed to Major network or bigger market soon. He is so much better then the ACC regional guys right now, and a lot of the guys on the ESPN lower level guys ( play by play )

Anyone else think he will be headed to Major network or bigger market soon. He is so much better then the ACC regional guys right now, and a lot of the guys on the ESPN lower level guys ( play by play )

I'd love for him to say yardages. Had to listen to the first half of the Wake game in the car and it was constantly things like:

"run up the middle"... nothing

"drops back to pass and it's complete over the middle"... nothing

Didn't have a clue what the actual result was after ~80% of the plays. We were waiting to hear if the crowd cheered or the PA announcer to have a clue if it was a long gain or a first down.

I'd love for him to say yardages. Had to listen to the first half of the Wake game in the car and it was constantly things like:

"run up the middle"... nothing

"drops back to pass and it's complete over the middle"... nothing

Didn't have a clue what the actual result was after ~80% of the plays. We were waiting to hear if the crowd cheered or the PA announcer to have a clue if it was a long gain or a first down.
Hmm I see the Orange in 60 rebroadcast and he seems polished and right on top of things. Seldom hear him on radio.

He
Hmm I see the Orange in 60 rebroadcast and he seems polished and right on top of things. Seldom hear him on radio.[/quote

He's absolutely brutal to listen to. He doesn't tell what's going on in the game. At times he misses entire plays, doesn't tell you how much yardage was gained on a play. He gets confused and Chris Gedney has to make corrections. He's the worst SU has had in the 40 year I've listened.

If he was that great he would be gone already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id love to see them bring back Logan.

Considering Doug Logan runs Time Warner Cable Sports in Syracuse and can't be bothered to call games, don't hold your breath.

Just like Boeheim.

Not really. JB has reached the top of his profession. I'm sure if ESPN or a network came calling, Matt would go. If the NBA calls JB, and they have in the past, he has no interest. This is his dream job.

Park is better at basketball. Not a big fan of his work during football games because he leaves out a lot of detail.

Was thinking this last night on my drive home, it's a sad comment on Syracuse sports media when Brent Axe is the top dog.

Not really. JB has reached the top of his profession. I'm sure if ESPN or a network came calling, Matt would go. If the NBA calls JB, and they have in the past, he has no interest. This is his dream job.

I know Matt well-enough to say you're wrong. He's from Chittenango, calling games for his alma mater -- not a bad place to be.

Park is better at basketball. Not a big fan of his work during football games because he leaves out a lot of detail.

Spot on. He's good at hoops, below average at football. He's a fairly nice guy, but someone very close to me works with him every so often and says Matt Park is a HUGE Matt Park fan, if you know what I mean. Frankly, thats quite impressive considering he makes Mike Lindsley look like Ryan Gosling.

I know Matt well-enough to say you're wrong. He's from Chittenango, calling games for his alma mater -- not a bad place to be.

Ya but face it he isn't good. I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has The amount of detail that he misses makes listening to a game painful. He's just as bad calling basketball games.

Spot on. He's good at hoops, below average at football. He's a fairly nice guy, but someone very close to me works with him every so often and says Matt Park is a HUGE Matt Park fan, if you know what I mean. Frankly, thats quite impressive considering he makes Mike Lindsley look like Ryan Gosling.
Must be the same person because ny friend who works with him occasionally said verbatim the same thing. Big time opera singer. mememememe

Not until he learns how to give the game score every 2 mins and the yardage. It's unbelieveable listening to him and trying to figure out where the ball is and what the score of the game is.

If he was that great he would be gone already.

Not true at all bees, Like a lot of jobs its a crapshoot, Their are a ton of talented broadcasters out there, many working there way through Newhouse as we speak I would guess.

Has a network or ESPN called him?

Not true at all bees, Like a lot of jobs its a crapshoot, Their are a ton of talented broadcasters out there, many working there way through Newhouse as we speak I would guess.

Then why ask the question? You wanted to know opinions on if he'd go somewhere. My opinion is that he's been here an awful long time. Longer than you'd think if he was on the fast track...because you're right lots of comp for those jobs by a ton of people.

Considering Doug Logan runs Time Warner Cable Sports in Syracuse and can't be bothered to call games, don't hold your breath.

You clearly do not know the story of Doug Logan and Syracuse University.

Matt park is fantastic, this thread should be deleted.... we have it so good here and we still find something to complain about with our broadcasting

better than wes durham? I always thought he was excellent.

Matt park is fantastic, this thread should be deleted.... we have it so good here and we still find something to complain about with our broadcasting

Matt, you really should be studying your notes on the FSU players not posting on this forum. Where's your work ethic ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom