OT: Miami has a pretty brilliant idea for their season tickets... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Miami has a pretty brilliant idea for their season tickets...

jekelish

Living Legend
BSJEpHxIIAA_fDl.jpg:large

They've abandoned paper tickets and put them as basically a "season pass" on a single card. I'm actually kind of amazed I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, it's simple but brilliant.

this is similar to SU students getting their tickets on their photo IDs.

Oh wow, do they? I did not know that. Been a loooooong time, apparently, since I was there and they sent us a ticket that was basically a punch card (99-03).

so how do you sell your extra tickets if they are on the card? you have to give your card to someone and then hope to get it back? how does stub hub do it now? never tried to sell one. and so much for that special ticket stub you want framed

BSJEpHxIIAA_fDl.jpg:large

They've abandoned paper tickets and put them as basically a "season pass" on a single card. I'm actually kind of amazed I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, it's simple but brilliant.

Great idea if you don't want to resell your unused tickets.

Great idea if you don't want to resell your unused tickets.

Yeah, I guess I didn't really think about that aspect. Shows how long it's been since I've had season tickets for any team, anywhere.

Yeah, I guess I didn't really think about that aspect. Shows how long it's been since I've had season tickets for any team, anywhere.
I t could work if they allowed you to do a print at home option though...it is kinda neat though.

so how do you sell your extra tickets if they are on the card? you have to give your card to someone and then hope to get it back? how does stub hub do it now? never tried to sell one. and so much for that special ticket stub you want framed

Well students can't sell season tickets, right. (says the guy who sold his 1992 Season Ticket to a Miami guy for $200 and watched it at the O&O)

Well students can't sell season tickets, right. (says the guy who sold his 1992 Season Ticket to a Miami guy for $200 and watched it at the O&O)

No, unless you just loan the person your ID, which works fairly well because they rarely examine the photos too intently.

We had our final four tickets on bnoro's credit card (flash seats), and they were easy enough to transfer via email. That could be an option.

The Miami Marlins do not print any paper tickets at all - started last season with the opening of their new ballpark. Washington Nationals also put their season tickets on a card.

If you can't use a game or want to give tickets to someone else you don't have to physically give them your card just need to log into whatever system they are using and 'transfer' the individual games to anyone you want. The recipient can then just print them at home. Or you can automatically throw them up on StubHub or Ticket Exchange or some other secondary market provider seamlessly. Pretty common now in professional sports should work its way down to colleges soon...

The Nat do this. Massive hassle to set up but once done pretty easy to electronically move tickets.

Eventually your credit card will run through it, different lines for users, habits will be tracked, etc...

No, unless you just loan the person your ID, which works fairly well because they rarely examine the photos too intently.

We had our final four tickets on bnoro's credit card (flash seats), and they were easy enough to transfer via email. That could be an option.

That was my point, it clearly said SU Student on the ticket and I sure as hell didn't give him my ESF ID.

If Gedney made it 3 more yards I would certainly have regretted that decision.

Oh, and it wasn't even really my ticket, but that of my Landscape Architect roommate who went back to Buffalo for break :cool:

Edit: for I<3SUFB - that my friend is home brewed beer in its embryonic phase.

Aside from the part where he nearly lost my ticket before we even left for Atlanta. But that's operator error because bnoro can't spell my email address more than an indictment of Flash Seats.

I have season tickets to an NBA team and they do this too. It's becoming very popular in pro sports, so nice to see it trickle down to college. The default is to have your tickets on the card, but you can request traditional paper tickets instead. I vastly prefer the card though, so opt for that. Some teams will also give you a concession discount by scanning your card.

If I'm giving my seats to a friend, then I sometimes just give them the card. There's no photo on it, and there's no rule saying it can only be used by the season pass holder. However, I usually just e-mail them new tickets. Every season ticketholder has an online account. I just log-in and it will list all my upcoming events. I click on the specific game and select "transfer" (I can do one or both of my tickets). The team then removes that game from my card, and will e-mail the buyer with a PDF of new tickets. They're now issued in the buyer's name, have brand new barcodes, and I no longer have any access/right to that game. It's great because new tickets are issued by the team, so people feel safe in buying. I couldn't use those tickets even if I wanted to once the team issues new tickets to the buyer. No more, "how do I know these are real?!?!" drama.

You can actually do something similar with S.U. season tickets, although I get the impression not many people realize it.

I don't think it will matter since there is only about 30 season ticket holders anyway.

You can actually do something similar with S.U. season tickets, although I get the impression not many people realize it.
I've used it. They (Ticketmaster) charged $1.95 per ticket last year.
It's quicker and safer than mailing paper tickets, though some want the glossy ticket instead.

... and so much for that special ticket stub you want framed
This - I have a container with stubs going back years for various events that I plan to eventually frame up on a poster board(s). Not to mention the stub from the Bills comeback game that I still carry in my wallet.

And how will you get free tacos?

I stand corrected. And im not from utica so i called it a speedy. Much like i pronounce Coney COONEY. Im from Liverpool where all of our pronunciations are correct and everyone else's are wrong. Next you are going to tell me you call soda ...pop. jk

I stand corrected. And im not from utica so i called it a speedy. Much like i pronounce Coney COONEY. Im from Liverpool where all of our pronunciations are correct and everyone else's are wrong. Next you are going to tell me you call soda ...pop. jk

Dude really? Spiedies are a southern tier thing. Binghamton Endicott Endwell Johnson City you know the land art and Chandler Jones and Dave Siok

Utica is the land of Chicken Riggies. Like the Garbage plate is a Rochester thing. Man I think I taste an OT post coming on.

As far as pop vs. soda, there is a map for that, interestingly the soda/pop line is pretty well defined in western NY.

not a real fan.

not a real fan.

Man I knew I should not have admitted that. Look, I was 23, the ticket wasn't even mine, and I was broke as hell, I am guessing the guy couldn't even get in since he had a "Gino Tortellini" shirt on and it was clearly a used student season with every other game punched out.

Anyone who has been to a game with me can tell you my Orange is on my sleeve and I am not shy about it.

So in summary, .

blow-me-turbo-sticker.jpg