OT--ohio state taking Kentucky to the he woodshed | Syracusefan.com

OT--ohio state taking Kentucky to the he woodshed

RF2044

Living Legend
Up 12 at halftime. Lots of ball left to play, but they took it to UK in the first half.

Loathe OSU, but less than I dislike Kentucky / Calipari.

Lots of game left. Would be shocked if they pull off the upset.

Probably.

But you never know. UK got thoroughly outplayed in the first half.

Anyone watch the IU-ND game? Indiana was losing to Notre Dame for the entire game until about 2 and a half minutes left in the game. Bryant is a very good player but they won without him. He has anger issues that got him benched in this game. He was arguing with teammates, coaches etc. Dakich mentioned he displayed the same issues earlier in the year at Maui.

Anyone watch the IU-ND game? Indiana was losing to Notre Dame for the entire game until about 2 and a half minutes left in the game. Bryant is a very good but they won without him. He has anger issues that got him benched in this game. He was arguing with teammates, coaches etc. Dakich mentioned he displayed the same issues earlier in the year at Maui.

Bryant seems to be very immature, you can't be yelling at coaches and upperclassmen.

Anyone watch the IU-ND game? Indiana was losing to Notre Dame for the entire game until about 2 and a half minutes left in the game. Bryant is a very good but they won without him. He has anger issues that got him benched in this game. He was arguing with teammates, coaches etc. Dakich mentioned he displayed the same issues earlier in the year at Maui.
He gone!!!

Shocked. Ohio State is awful. At least we lost to St. John's and Georgetown on the road.

OSU was on the floor more in the last two minutes than SU has been the entire season. They're tough and get after it. SU doesn't come close to matching that kind of intensity.

Shocked. Ohio State is awful. At least we lost to St. John's and Georgetown on the road.
yeah this one for them isn't as bad as our SJ loss but is worse than our Wisc loss

OSU was on the floor more in the last two minutes than SU has been the entire season. They're tough and get after it. SU doesn't come close to matching that kind of intensity.
That's not uncommon. Historically no one has called Cuse gritty.

I agree 100%.

The '96 team did have a lot of guts. Also, Kristof Ongenaet was all grit and heart.
Yes, I was hoping Roberson would turn into a Rodman lunch pail type player. It's amazing how many guys stick in the pros due to their hustle and desire. My new favorite is Trevor Booker from the Jazz.

I agree 100%.

The '96 team did have a lot of guts. Also, Kristof Ongenaet was all grit and heart.
For the last time, I hope, he hustled but he was soft. He could not take contact on offense. he did everything to avoid contact on offense and thus seldom drew fouls. He always went to his safety move, up and under the basket, using it for protection. Hustle, diving after loose balls and fighting for rebounds, is not the same as toughness. Toughness is taking contact, making the shot and drawing the foul. On those teams, Triche was tough, Harris was tough. They were all muscle and they were not intimidated from taking it to their defender or to the hole. KO was grit, hustle and heart, but he was not tough. Anyone who has played the game would agree. He lost his starting job because he was ineffective on big man offensive moves.

For the last time, I hope, he hustled but he was soft. He could not take contact on offense. he did everything to avoid contact on offense and thus seldom drew fouls. He always went to his safety move, up and under the basket, using it for protection. Hustle, diving after loose balls and fighting for rebounds, is not the same as toughness. Toughness is taking contact, making the shot and drawing the foul. On those teams, Triche was tough, Harris was tough. They were all muscle and they were not intimidated from taking it to their defender or to the hole. KO was grit, hustle and heart, but he was not tough. Anyone who has played the game would agree. He lost his starting job because he was ineffective on big man offensive moves.

Agreed. I enjoyed watching Kristof play, despite your very valid criticism.

Bryant seems to be very immature, you can't be yelling at coaches and upperclassmen.
Amen. Our team is going through too much agita to have a bad seed stirring the pot further. That would be all Hop needs now, even if he was the second coming of pick-your-favorite-all-time-college-player. Which he doesn't seem to be anyway.

Of course, the one time he did take contact head on, he almost broke his spine!

AlaskaSU said:

Couldn't disagree more. Since when is toughness based upon offensive skills? And if he avoided contact on offense why didn't he avoid it when rebounding? Toughness was not a weakness of his.

They aren't awful. They are very young, figuring things out, and will be dangerous later in the season, imo. Matta can coach. I think they have more talent than us right now. Loving can get his shot off against anybody. Ja'Sean Tate is a bull. Jaquan Lyle is a highly touted PG, and Giddens is a physical man-child at C. They pretty much had UVA and let things slip away the last couple of minutes.

They aren't awful. They are very young, figuring things out, and will be dangerous later in the season, imo. Matta can coach. I think they have more talent than us right now. Loving can get his shot off against anybody. Ja'Sean Tate is a bull. Jaquan Lyle is a highly touted PG, and Giddens is a physical man-child at C. They pretty much had UVA and let things slip away the last couple of minutes.

You could say many of the same things about Wisconsin or St. Johns.

Ohio State is 6-5. Uconn beat them by 20 and they lost two 2 low majors.

yeah osu is young - and that's part of why they're bad :noidea:

We'll find out all we need to know about Ohio State when they take on those fighting Mercer Bears tomorrow night, alma mater of MSOrange himself. As well all know, once you can beat Mercer, that pretty much proves you're the real deal :) Hey I'll always have the Duke game and the Bears beat Arkansas the other night so we have that going for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom