OT - Ok SU students | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Ok SU students

Mitch Franklin's a big SU hoops fan. Never heard a student say a bad thing about any of his courses when I was there. Like you said, maybe a little strange, but apparently a good professor.

He's at every home game in his orange blazer. Good guy.

As for Laurence Thomas, I consider him a friend and will pass along all these (positive) comments about him him. I'm sure he'll be gratified, in his wacky LT way, as well as baffled that there's some sort of internet site where strangers share thoughts about Syracuse's basketball team (he constantly says that he's lived in Syracuse, a 15-minute walk from the Dome, since 1991 but has never attended a game).

IST 101 Freshman Forum 1 cr

IST 195 Information Technologies 3 cr

EAR 105 Earth Science 3 cr

IST101 - 1 credit so you don't really do much. The professor and a couple student TA's act as your mentors. Think I wrote 1-2 short papers in this class
IST195 - Took this class with Rubin. Super easy. One of the labs we 'learned' how to Tweet/ use Twitter.
EAR105 - Big class mostly freshman just fulfilling a science requirement. Not tough.

-ischool grad May 2014

syr14 said:
IST101 - 1 credit so you don't really do much. The professor and a couple student TA's act as your mentors. Think I wrote 1-2 short papers in this class IST195 - Took this class with Rubin. Super easy. One of the labs we 'learned' how to Tweet/ use Twitter. EAR105 - Big class mostly freshman just fulfilling a science requirement. Not tough. -ischool grad May 2014

Thanks. The EAR105 course was his first choice as his science elective. But he said it looks like he didn't get it and they gave him his 2nd choice which was Ocean Life BIO106. Don't ask me why it was his second choice. Guess he felt it sounded interesting.

He's at every home game in his orange blazer. Good guy.

As for Laurence Thomas, I consider him a friend and will pass along all these (positive) comments about him him. I'm sure he'll be gratified, in his wacky LT way, as well as baffled that there's some sort of internet site where strangers share thoughts about Syracuse's basketball team (he constantly says that he's lived in Syracuse, a 15-minute walk from the Dome, since 1991 but has never attended a game).

I was fairly close to LT as a student (definitely not in the inner circle, but we'd talk at MSQ Mall on occasion). Tried to convince him to go to a game so many times, and it didn't seem like something he's opposed to, but it just never occurred to him to go.

I may have been in that class as well...I do remember him busting on Allen Griffin all the time though

It was the spring of my freshman year, Spring 1999 semester.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom