OT. Post your pet pic | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

OT. Post your pet pic

McKennzie.JPG
Scooter is the dog which we got for my girls... and this is McKennzie... my dog! Although I have to admit that Scooter spends an inordinate time in my lap while I'm watching TV or I'm on the computer. Truth of the matter is I love both my dogs tons!

So, to bump an old, but good, thread.

This seven month old pup has the dog equivalent of a torn ACL, which is unheard of in dogs his age. Not sure how this is going to play out, any advice or similar situations?
my great dane tore his ACL when he was about 3 so my experience with it will be slightly different than yours. However I can tell you it takes about a 12 week recovery and the first few weeks you'll need to support your pup with a sheet or towel when he goes out to do his business. With my dane they did a TPLO procedure (Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy) which stabilizes the knee.

This site has the complete explanation http://www.vetsurgerycentral.com/tplo.htm

Good luck to you and the pup. Not sure where you live but in Syracuse this surgery cost me about $5000

Karley and Flying Fish.jpg fish_edited.jpg

This is Minnow along with my wife's niece. We lost Minnow just a year or so ago. She was the foundation bitch of our breeding program. We recently provided a member of the Syracuse University Admin. with a puppy which I thought is kinda cool. They named him Cooper.

Last edited:
View attachment 48702

This is Minnow along with my wife's niece. We lost Minnow just a year or so ago. She was the foundation bitch of our breeding program. We recently provided a member of the Syracuse University Admin. with a puppy which I thought is kinda cool. They named him Cooper.
Sorry for your loss, but fantastic pic!

Man, I miss having my pups in the bed.

Haven't posted here in a while... Lost my pups in the divorce. Did the week on, week off thing for a year, and one day, boom she wanted em full time. Couldn't imagine splitting them up, so I let her win. Sometime in the next few years I'll get another one. :/
Sorry, Troop. I still think you did the right thing by keeping them together. I hope you still get to see them from time to time.

Last edited:
That was my first guess with second being labradoodle. It was tough to tell in that picture. Anyways I love Portuguese water dogs. I could not find a breeder close to my wife and I and we went with two labradoodles. They are almost five and still act like puppies. When I get permission for a third dog it will be a pwd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom