OT: Shaka to Minnesota? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shaka to Minnesota?

I can't believe I am going to say this, but you could argue that Rutgers is a better job than Minnesota (based on east coast bias and all). Now that I've said that, I need to take a long cold shower.

Playing in the RAC undermines that claim. Terrible arena, like a high school gym with their wooden bleachers that pull out from the wall.

Minnesota has forgotten its place in the B1G landscape. Best case for Minnesota is they are Wisconsin they recruit under-recruited kids and develop a reputation as a solid team who will dominate at home and will steal a couple of games on the road. Wisconsin never does anything in the tournament because they rarely get elite talent a la when they had Devin Harris or that dude Alando Tucker? Minnesota needs to find a coach like Iowa and Boston College have who will rebuild the program because if Tubby Smith isn't good enough for them and I thought he underachieved they will have a hard time getting a good coach. They have 1 Final Four (1998) in recent memory and that is it. Shaka Smart isn't leaving VCU for Minnesota. Shaka could have had the NC State job 2 years ago and NC State is a better job than Minnesota.

I disagree. Wisconsin seems to get to the Sweet 16 every year. They are a very dependable tournament team. I agree that there is a limit to their talent, but they maximize what they have every year.

The guy turned down Illinois, I don't see him going to Minnesota. Only logic reason would be if he liked the AD that much because there isn't really anything Minnesota>Illinois basketball wise. There both about the same distance from Wisconsin, where he was born and grew up so I don't see that being a reason either. UCLA would be interesting though, I think he would go there, but I have heard his dream is Duke when K retires.

As others have said this makes no sense. Smart to UCLA ok, but Smart to Minn makes no sense and won't happen.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but you could argue that Rutgers is a better job than Minnesota (based on east coast bias and all). Now that I've said that, I need to take a long cold shower.

Dude, the shower in "Silkwood" wouldn't be enough for you after that. I'm not sure what would scrub you thoroughly enough. Ick.

I disagree. Wisconsin seems to get to the Sweet 16 every year. They are a very dependable tournament team. I agree that there is a limit to their talent, but they maximize what they have every year.

Except for this year...when I picked them to be in the Sweet 16. Jerks.

Except for this year...when I picked them to be in the Sweet 16. Jerks.

Me, too. The biggest hit to my bracket, though, was Gonzaga. I had them against us in the Final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom